Things to Do on the Day of Arafah
According to one authentic hadeeth ‘Hajj is Arafah’. Therefore, the Day of Arafah is of great importance and significance. We need to at least take care of the following things on the Day of Arafah, Inshaa’Allah:
1. Fasting on the Day of Arafah:
Fasting is highly encouraged and recommended for those not going on hajj.
According to an authentic hadeeth: “Fasting on the Day of Arafah may atone for the sins of the preceding and the coming year”. (Sins here means ‘minor sins’)
Read some related hadeeth from here, Inshaa’Allah.
2. Saying the DU’AA OF ARAFAH very often:
The Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:
أَفْضَلُ الدُّعَاءِ دُعَاءُ يَوْمِ عَرَفَةَ وَأَفْضَلُ مَا قُلْتُ أَنَا وَالنَّبِيُّونَ مِنْ قَبْلِي
لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لاَ شَرِيكَ لَهُ
لَهُ المُلكُ ، وَ لَهُ الحَمدُ ، وَ هُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيءٍ قَدِيرٌ
“The most excellent dua is the du”a on the Day of Arafah, and the best of what I and the prophets before me have said, is “There is nothing that deserves to be worshiped in truth except Allaah, He is Alone and has no partner, to Him belongs the dominion and to Him belongs all praise, and He is All-Powerful over all things.'” Refer this
Those who don’t know to read Arabic, refer to the transliteration here or audio here & also read The Du’aa of Arafah IS the Essence of Islam
3. Don’t forget the Tahleel, Takbeer, Tahmeed and Tasbeeh:
We need to say these great adhkaar as many times as possible by us on the day of Arafah, and also on Eid al Adhaa and the days of Tashreeq (11, 12 and 13th of Dhul Hijjah) Inshaa’Allah.
Takbeer is to proclaim the greatness of Allah by saying Allahu Akbar (Allah is Great!)
Tahmeed is to praise Allah by saying Alhamdulillah (All Praise belongs to Allah)
Tahleel is to declare the oneness of Allah by saying La ilaaha il-lal-laah (There is none worthy of worship except Allah)
Tasbeeh is to glorify Allah by saying Subhanallah (Glory be to Allah)
During the occasion of Dhul Hijjah we say the Takbeer in its extended format which is as follows:
Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, laa ilaaha il-lal-laahu Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, wa Lillaahil-hamd
Allah is Great! Allah is Great! Allah is Great! There is none worthy of worship and obedience except Allah. Allah is Great! Allah is Great! And all Praise belongs to Him alone!
4. Seek forgiveness from Almighty Allah:
The Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:
“On this day, Allah, the most Exalted, descends to the nearest heaven, and He is proud of His servants on the earth and says to those in heavens, look at My servants, they have come from far and near, with hair disheveled and faces covered with dust, to seek my Mercy. Even if their sins are as much the sand or the froth of the sea, I shall forgive them.”
Even though we encouraged to say Sayyidul Istighfaar twice every morning and evening (on a daily basis) we must make it a point to say this Istighfaar more often and more seriously on this special day, InshaaAllah.
And also, we must make it a point to attend this grand banquet so that we can grab the opportunity of a life-time!
5. Get Inspired from the Revolutionary Statement, “Hasbunallaahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”, uttered by Prophet Ibraheem, the founding father of Hajj:
Take time to read this InshaaAllah
6. Take Time to Appreciate Islam:
Are you grateful for the Islam you have?
In Al-Saheehayn it was reported from ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) that a Jewish man said to him, “O Ameer al-Mu’mineen, there is an aayah in your Book which you recite; if it had come to us Jews, we would have taken that day as an ‘Eid (festival).” ‘Umar said, “Which aayah?” He said: “This day I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.” [al-Maa’idah 5:3]. ‘Umar said, “We know on which day and in which place that was revealed to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). It was when he was standing in ‘Arafaah on a Friday.”
We thank Allah for many things. Food, water, health, wealth, livelihood etc. Have you ever thanked Allah for blessing you with the treasure called Islam?
Do we ever know its value? Have we ever considered it to be a treasure even?
What effort you – and I – have taken to understand Islam, the religion we proudly profess in?
Addressing these questions to oneself on the Day of Arafah would be the real message of Arafah we would ever give to ourselves. If only we know!
May Allah give us the Tawfeeq and Hidayah to reap the blessings of Arafah to the utmost of our capacity. Aameen. May Allah accept our humble deeds and forgive us of our sins. Aameen.
“Then He will Not Neglect us” (A Must Read)
PS: Download this post as PDF InshaaAllah
Useful links 🙂
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
October 24, 2012 - Posted by MuQeet | Arafah, Hajj related | Abraham, Allah is Sufficient for Us, Arafah, Azkar, Dhul Hijjah, Dua, Fasting, Five Pillars, Forgiveness, Hadith, Hajj, Hasbunallahu Wa Nimal Wakeel, Istighfaar, Makkah, Mount Arafah, Pilgrimage, Prophet Ibrahim, Quran blog, Seeking Forgiveness, Supplication, Tahleel, Tahmeed, Takbeer, Tasbeeh, Yassarnalquran, Zikr
5 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- YasSarNal QuR'aN: We have made the Qur'an easy!
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Aisha on Education and Three Types of Nafs
- MuQeet on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Cassim on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- sami on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- MuQeet on “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”.
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day « YasSarNalQuR'aN on “If you have no shame, do whatever you like”!
- MuQeet on Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Blog at WordPress.com.