Excellence of the Day of Arafah
The ninth day of Dhul-Hijjah is the Day of ’Arafah, since it is on this Day the pilgrims gather at the mountain plain of ’Arafah, praying and supplicating to their Lord. In fact, one hadeeth says that ‘Hajj is Arafah’. This means Arafah is the sum and substance of Hajj.
* Yaumul Arafah is also significant because this amazing ayah was revealed on this day:
الْيَوْمَ أَكْمَلْتُ لَكُمْ دِينَكُمْ وَأَتْمَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعْمَتِي وَرَضِيتُ لَكُمُ الْإِسْلَامَ دِينًا
….This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion….(Surah al Maa’idah 5:3)
As per the above ayah, Arafah was the Day on which Allah perfected His religion, completed His favours upon His beloved Prophet Muhammad (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam), and approved Islam as a way of life!
Imam Ibn Kathir in his Tafseer says:
“Imam Ahmad recorded that Tariq bin Shihab said, “A Jewish man said to `Umar bin Al-Khattab, `O Leader of the Believers! There is a verse in your Book, which is read by all of you (Muslims), and had it been revealed to us, we would have taken that day (on which it was revealed) as a day of celebration.’ `Umar bin Al-Khattab asked, `Which is that verse?’ The Jew replied: الْيَوْمَ أَكْمَلْتُ لَكُمْ دِينَكُمْ وَأَتْمَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعْمَتِي وَرَضِيتُ لَكُمُ الْإِسْلَامَ دِينًا
`Umar replied, `By Allah! I know when and where this verse was revealed to Allah’s Messenger . It was the evening on the Day of `Arafah on a Friday.”
* Yaumul Arafah is also significant because Allah swore by this Day in Surah al Burooj. And, you know Allah swears by nothing except that which is great and mighty! So the Day of Arafah is great significant:
“By the sky containing great stars.
And [by] the promised Day.
And [by] the witness and what is witnessed” (Surah al Burooj 85: 1-3)
It was reported from Abu Hurayrah (radhiyallaahu anhu) that the Prophet (sal-lal-laahu-aalihi-wa-sallam) said: “The promised day is the Day of Resurrection, the witnessed day is the Day of ‘Arafaah, and the witnessing day is Friday.” (Narrated by at-Tirmidhi and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.
* It is mustahabb (highly recommended) for those who are not pilgrims to fast on this day, since the Prophet (sal-lal-laahu-aalihi-wa-sallam) was asked about fasting on the day of Arafah, so he said:
“It expiates the sins of the past year and the coming year.” (Related by Muslim, Hadeeth no. 1162)
* Likewise, the Prophet (sal-lal-laahu-aalihi-wa-sallam) said:
‘There is no day on which Allaah frees people from the Fire more so than on the day of ’Arafah. He comes close to those (people standing on ’Arafah), and then He reveals before His Angels saying, ‘What are these people seeking.” (Related by Muslim, Hadeeth no. 1348)
Imam at-Tirmidhee – rahimahullaah – said, “The People of Knowledge consider it recommended to fast on the day of ’Arafah, except for those at ’Arafah.” (Tirmidhee: 3/377)
I would request you to read and take care of: Things To Do On the Day of Arafah
Please note that everybody must know the day that coincides with the day of Arafah and fast according to the moon sighted in their own countries and not according to that of Saudi Arabia.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
November 4, 2011 - Posted by MuQeet | Hajj related | Arafah, Baitul Allah, Fasting, Fasting on Arafah, Hadith, Hajj, House of Allah, Ibrahim, Pilgrimage, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Quran blog, Virtues of Arafah, Yassarnalquran
5 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- YasSarNal QuR'aN: We have made the Qur'an easy!
- 6 Sets of Hadeeth Books in One Page :)
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Aisha on Education and Three Types of Nafs
- MuQeet on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Cassim on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- sami on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- MuQeet on “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”.
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day « YasSarNalQuR'aN on “If you have no shame, do whatever you like”!
- MuQeet on Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.