The Hadeeth on the Du’aa of Arafah IS the Essence of Islam
The Hadeeth often quoted on the occasion of Arafah is in fact the sum and substance of what Islam is all about.
Let us read this hadeeth first, Inshaa’Allah:
:وعن عبد الله بن عمرو بن العاص رضي الله عنهما أن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال
: خير الدعاء دعاء يوم عرفة ، وخير ما قلت أنا والنبيّون من قبلي
لا إله إلا الله وحده لا شريك له ، له الملك ، وله الحمد ، وهو على كل شيء قدير
رواه الترمذي ( 3585 ) وحسَّنه الألباني في ” صحيح الترغيب ” 1536
Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al ‘Aas (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that the Prophet sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam said:
“The most excellent Du’aa is the Du’aa on the Day of Arafah, and the best of what I and the prophets before me have said, is:
“Laa ilaaha il-lallaahu, wahdahu laa shareeka lahu, lahul-Mulku wa lahul-hamd, wa huwa ‘alaa kulli shayin qadeer”.
“There is nothing that deserves to be worshiped in truth except Allah, He is Alone and has no partner, to Him belongs the dominion and to Him belongs all praise, and He is All-Powerful over all things.’” Refer this and Listen to the audio here InshaaAllah
1. The first point mentioned in this hadeeth is ‘the Most Excellent Du’aa is the Du’aa on the Day of Arafah’. That is, the supplication of the Day of Arafah is the Best Supplication.
You supplicate to Allah, crying your heart to Him, seeking what You need from Him by bonding with Him in the most gracious manner. He is not only your Creator, He alone is the Provider, the Giver, the Best to provide and the Best to support you.
2. The Prophets and Messengers who came to this world from time to time to guide mankind with the will of Allah had one amazing thing in common. They all invited people towards the belief and worship of One and Only God: Worship Allah alone, for there is none worthy of worship and obedience but Him.
3. The Best Saying that came not only from the noble mouth of the glorious Prophet, Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wasallam, but also from the lips of all the previous Prophets and Messengers of Allah is “Laa ilaaha il-lallaahu, wahdahu laa shareeka lahu, lahul-Mulku wa lahul-hamd, wa huwa ‘alaa kulli shayin qadeer”.
4. All the Prophets and Messengers of Allah, starting from Adam alaihis salam down to the last Prophet, Muhammad, sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wasallam, put forth the Best Statement ever that “there is none that deserves to be worshiped in truth except Allah alone – He who has no partner whatever, to Him belongs the dominion and to Him belongs all praise, and He is All-Powerful over all things”.
5. You need to set aside everything before you proclaim your Best Statement. This is Islam’s approach. And it is natural.
That you clean your place before you sit on it. You don’t wear a garment when you know that you have to get rid of that stinking smell. You clear off urine from your bladder before you get into the comfort of eating. Similarly you deny all notions woven around the concept of God before you submit yourself to that glorious Power.
You emphatically proclaim that there is none even worth considering to be worshiped except Allah alone:
Allah, Who is Alone, the One and Only, the Unique.
Allah, Who has no partner whatsoever; He who is neither born to anyone nor gives birth to anyone, the One whom everyone need and the One who needs no one.
Allah, to Him belongs all kingdom; He who is the Owner of all things seen and unseen, heard and unheard. To Him belongs all dominion which He shares with none.
Allah, to Him alone belongs all praise and glory. He alone is worthy of all praise. To Him alone all created beings show their real gratitude.
Allah, Who alone has power over all things, He alone is Well-Competent over all things.
Worship the Creator, not the creation.
Glorify the One Who Made you, not the things you make!
May Allah give us the Tawfeeque to understand Islam in the best possible manner, and to live by its guidance in the best manner possible. Aameen.
Sal-lal-laahu-alaa Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu ‘Alaihi wa Sallam
Please take time to read this: Hasbunallaahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel – the Revolutionary Statement of Prophet Ibraheem alaihis salam
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
October 3, 2014 - Posted by MuQeet | Du'aas - Prophetic, Hajj related, Reflections | Allah the Exalted, Best Dua, Best Ten Days, Dhul Hijjah, Dua of Arafah, Follow the Prophet, Glorifying Allah, Hadith, Islam, Kalimah Tayyiba, Makkah News, Muslims, Oneness of Allah, Prophet Muhammad, Sunnah, Supplicating on Arafah, Takbeer Tahleel Tahmeed Tasbeeh, Takbir, Tawheed, The Best Duaa, The Plain of Arafat, Things to do on Arafah, What to do on Arafah, Yassarnalquran
1 Comment »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Qur'an Quiz 3 with Answers to Quiz 2
- Qur'an Quiz 2 with answers to Quiz 1
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- MuQeet on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- Muhammad Usama Chaudhary on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- Adonis Rahman on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal « YasSarNal QuR'aN on Hijrah: The least discussed topic in Rabi al Awwal!
- MuQeet on Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal November 30, 2016
- Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz November 28, 2016
- Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family? November 25, 2016
- Shariah is for Human Welfare November 21, 2016
- Facts About Safar November 1, 2016
- Peace First. Peace Last. October 17, 2016
- The Muslim and the Hijrah of All Times October 14, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Site infoYasSarNal QuR'aN
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.