Fireworks all the way!
The story of this noble man is stunningly spectacular. Striking impressive. Marvelously captivating. Miraculously amazing. And beautifully inspiring!
Born in the midst of a sea of statues and idols, he grew up to shatter every ill-conceived idea his family and fellow citizens had formed about the Lord of the worlds.
He used every possible way to convince his people, starting with his father, that there can be human dignity only when you submit and surrender to the One True Lord Who is the Creator and the only Care-Taker of all.
Adopting ‘Worship the Creator, not the creations’ as his motto and purpose of life, he had to swim against the tide to perform his role as a Prophet of Allah exhibiting such sincerity all the way that the Creator of the heavens and the earth had to honour him by taking him as His friend.
During your da’wah, when you make everyone silent with your convincing arguments about the truthfulness of Tawheed, the worshipers of falsehood go bankrupt in their thought and belief. At such a stage, arrogance raises its ugly head.
“They said, “Burn him and support your gods – if you are to act.” (Surah al Ambiya 21: 68)
The king Nimrud orders a huge pit to be dug, large amount of firewood to be collected and a mega fire to be lit so that they can rid Ibraheem alaihis salam once and for all.
The furnace became so hot and blazing with fire that none could dare take Ibraheem till the furnace. The heat was intolerable for anyone to go near it.
At the suggestion of one man, a catapult was made, and Ibraheem alaihis salam was tied with ropes. They put him into this catapult and threw him into the fire.
When he was thrown into the fire, he uttered this powerful statement – the most powerful statement after Laa ilaaha il-lal-laah – Hasbunallaahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs for us.
A friend in need is the friend in deed.
The cruel villagers didn’t realize that they are trying to burn a man whose Friend was the Creator of fire!
Actually foolish people don’t understand that the One Who gave the fire the power to burn can also take back the power, making the fire powerless!
“Allah said, “O fire, be coolness and safety upon Ibraheem.” (Surah al Ambiya 21: 69)
The people of his village couldn’t believe their eyes!
They tried to burn Ibraheem alaihis salam. And the fire lost the potency to burn!
They wanted to harm him. And the fire became a cool garden!
Their plan was to burn Ibraheem to death. But Allah burned all their efforts! Right in front of their eyes!
“And they intended for him harm, but We made them the greatest losers.” (Surah al Ambiya 21: 70)
Allamah Ibn Katheer records that the one who gave the idea of a catapult was swallowed by the earth!
Dear brothers and sisters, Just imagine how that scene could have been. Fire getting cool and taking the shape of a harmless entity.
When we happen to watch the spectacular display of fireworks during some festivities, are we not delighted by the charm of the colourful lights that get displayed for some moments in the atmosphere?
Here is the case of a live fire. In it a man of flesh and blood is thrown.
And instead of burning him, the fire delights him with coolness and dreaded fire becomes the cause of his safety. Subhanallah!
Ibraheem Khaleelullah is the only man in human history to have experienced such a kind of fire-work in his life!
We, the Muslim Ummah, need to draw many lessons from the life of this great Prophet of Islam.
As Allamah Iqbal, the poet of the East, said:
Aaj bhi ho jo Baraheem ka Imaan paida
Aag kar sakti hai andaaz-e-guilistan paida
If you have Faith like that of Ibraheem
Even the fire can create a garden of roses!
While we are about to enter the sacred month of Dhul Hijjah, we need to recall the great sacrifices of Prophet Ibraheem alaihis salam who was an institution unto himself and the best role model to emulate.
May Peace, Mercy and Blessings of Allah be upon Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam, his family and companions.
Jazakallaahu Khayra for reading this post.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
October 4, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Hajj related, Reflections | Abraham, Abrahamic faith, Allah, Fire, Hasbiyallah, Hasbunallah, Hasbunallahu Wa Nimal Wakeel, history of Prophet Ibrahim, Ibrahim, Idol worship, Naar, Quran, Quran blog, the miracle of fire, The Miracle of Ibrahim, Truth triumphs, Worship the Creator not the creation, Yassarnalquran
5 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Qur'an Quiz 3 with Answers to Quiz 2
- Qur'an Quiz 2 with answers to Quiz 1
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- MuQeet on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- Muhammad Usama Chaudhary on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- Adonis Rahman on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal « YasSarNal QuR'aN on Hijrah: The least discussed topic in Rabi al Awwal!
- MuQeet on Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal November 30, 2016
- Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz November 28, 2016
- Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family? November 25, 2016
- Shariah is for Human Welfare November 21, 2016
- Facts About Safar November 1, 2016
- Peace First. Peace Last. October 17, 2016
- The Muslim and the Hijrah of All Times October 14, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Site infoYasSarNal QuR'aN
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.