Do Not Despair of Allah’s Mercy!
Islam is all about positive thinking and action. Despair and pessimism have no place in Islam.
I would like to present two beautiful verses that inculcate positive thinking, kindling hope and killing despair. The love and affection the Creator has towards His noble creation is distinctly visible in these verses.
“Say: “O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.” (Surah Az-Zumar 39: 53)
Allah could have have straightaway told ‘O My servants! Do not despair…..” But NO! Allah is defining the nature of His servants before He announces the Good News!
Please underline and underscore the phrase ‘allazeena asrafu ‘alaa anfusihim’, ‘those who have transgressed against themselves by sin and evil’.
While we begin and continue to read this verse an air of positivism strikes our mind, heart and soul. And when we read ‘la taqnathu mir rahmatillah….’ our heart is filled with utmost satisfaction and an intense feeling of love reflects back to Allah that how Kind and Generous Allah is towards me – me whose list of sins never seems to cease!
The next verse arrests our feelings, organises one’s thought-frame and gives an action-plan so that we don’t land in Fool’s Paradise and start doing sins again and again thinking that Allah is Al Ghafoor and Ar-Raheem so let me do whatever I want!
“And return [in repentance] to your Lord and submit to Him before the punishment comes upon you; then you will not be helped.” (Surah Az-Zumar 39: 54)
After making us realise that we must not carry despair, as it is the worst thing a Muslim can have, (In fact despairing of Allah’s mercy is a sign of Kufr) are commanded by Allah to turn towards Him in repentance and continue with our life in submission to His Will, which He has made manifest through Qur’an and Sunnah.
The crux of the matter is we don’t know when we will die!
So the main point is stressed at the end of the verse: Don’t Delay. Don’t postpone things. Start repenting now. You don’t know when is your end. May be this could be your last Ramadhaan!
Let us think and act. And act fast!
Wa lillahil hamd!
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
July 17, 2012 - Posted by MuQeet | Islamic Months: RAMADHAN, Qur'anic Phrases, Reflections, Surah Az Zumar | Allah, Asma ul Husna, Fasting, Forgiveness, Forgiver, Ghafoor, Hadith, Holy Book, Holy Month, Ibadah, Islam, La Taqnatu Mir Rahmatillah, Muslims, Prophet Muhammad, Qinaa'ah, Quran, Quran blog, Raheem, Rahmah, Ramadan, Ramadhan, Repentance, Sin, sinning, Surah Zumar, لا تقنطوا من رحمة الله, Worship, Yassarnalquran
5 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men!
- YasSarNal QuR'aN: We have made the Qur'an easy!
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Aisha on Education and Three Types of Nafs
- MuQeet on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Cassim on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- sami on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- MuQeet on “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”.
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day « YasSarNalQuR'aN on “If you have no shame, do whatever you like”!
- MuQeet on Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.