A du’aa from the bottom of a Believer’s heart
Young man he was. Always of caring and helpful nature. Would get upset at the slightest sight of oppression.
One day he sees two men fighting. He sides with the oppressed. In a bid to stop fighting, he gives a blow to the oppressor. The person falls dead.
He was a very sensitive youth. He feels sorry for his unintentional killing.
The king who was greatest oppressor would not leave this youth. How dare someone kills a man of the ruler’s clan. He orders that the ‘killer’ be arrested and brought in chains.
The young man leaves Egypt at the advice of an elderly person and goes to Madyan.
The one who was destined to become one of the greatest Prophets of Allah is now a stranger in the land of Madyan.
He witnesses a sight that reveals the story of men oppressing women.
He sees a group of strong men watering their sheep and not letting the two girls draw water.
Being a stranger did not stop him from siding with the oppressed.
He goes and helps the girls who were standing aloof by drawing water for them.
The girls thanked the stranger and walked back happily to their home.
The stranger helped the girls. But then who will help the stranger?
He knows no one. Has nothing with him. He needs help. He needs help urgently.
He needs shelter. He needs food. He needs comfort. He needs all that would be necessary to live peacefully and respectfully.
The instinct in this young man does the wonder. He sits under a tree and cries out to the One Who Provided the tree’s cool shade:
رَبِّ إِنِّي لِمَا أَنزَلْتَ إِلَيَّ مِنْ خَيْرٍ فَقِيرٌ
“My Lord, I am truly in great need of any good that You might send down to me.” (Surah al Qasas 28: 24)
This young man was none other than the great Prophet Musa, alaihis salam.
The wordings of this du’aa are so beautiful that they flow directly from the bottom of a Believer’s heart.
Let me put it word by word:
رَبِّ = My Lord, My Sustainer!
إِنِّي = Indeed, I am
لِمَا = of whatever
أَنزَلْتَ = You send (down)
إِلَيَّ = to Me
مِنْ = of
خَيْرٍ = Good
فَقِيرٌ = (in) need
This du’aa directly knocks at the door of the Giver, Al Wah’haab. It also reveals the humble nature of the supplicant.
The word Anzalta in this du’aa says it all: Help comes from above. Help comes from Allah alone!
We need everything for our survival. And Allah alone is Provider. He alone is the Helper. He alone is the Supporter.
Is there anyone in the world you would say that he or she has everything?
You may have abundant wealth. But then you sleep with sleeping pills. You need peace.
You have knowledge. But you may lack in understanding. You need wisdom.
You have children. But lack resources for their upbringing. You need sustenance.
You may have thriving business. But you also have dishonest workers. You need sincere people.
You may have means to decent living. But you may be childless. You need a child.
Your wardrobe may be full of dresses. But you lack the sense of dressing. You need modesty.
You may be a successful person. But you worship an idol. Your head needs dignity. You need Right Guidance.
So whatever it might be, you are in dire need of that.
Dear brothers and sisters, let us remember the words of this du’aa. And let us call upon Allah with this du’aa, everyday Inshaa’Allah.
The du’aa of a Prophet who started his life floating in the river, escaped from Egypt fearing his life only to come back to bring about an end to the kingdom of the cruelest king of the time!
Let me conclude with this ayah which sums up the status of man:
“O people, it is you who stand in need of Allah; as for Allah, He is Self-Sufficient, Immensely Praiseworthy” (Surah Faatir 35: 15)
Jazakallaahu Khayra for reading this post.
Inspirational: Things are Not as they Seem! – Very true!
The thought to write on this du’aa struck my mind after coming across this beautiful picture image:
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
May 3, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Du'aas - Qur'anic, Reflections | Allah, Allah is the Supporter, Believers, Dua, Egypt, He is Allah, heart, Helping Hand, Madyan, Moses, Oppression, Prophet Musa, Quran, Quran blog, Supplication, Yassarnalquran
8 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- 6 Sets of Hadeeth Books in One Page :)
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Aisha on Education and Three Types of Nafs
- MuQeet on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Cassim on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- sami on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- MuQeet on “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”.
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day « YasSarNalQuR'aN on “If you have no shame, do whatever you like”!
- MuQeet on Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Blog at WordPress.com.