“I Love Not Things That Set”!
Dear sisters and brothers, Assalamu Alaikum.
In the life of Prophet Ibraheem (peace be upon him) we have an Excellent Model to emulate.
I love what Ibraheem (Alaihis salam) said, ‘I love not things that set’!
This statement, uttered by the great Prophet in the beginning of his career, is of iconic nature.
“When the night grew dark upon him he beheld a star. He said: This is my Lord. But when it set, he said: I love not things that set.” (Surah al An’aam: 6: 76)
‘Afala’ in Arabic means ‘to go down’, ‘set’.
‘Aafileen’ is the plural form of the word ‘Aafil’ which means ‘transitory, passing’.
We, as believers in Islam, look at Prophet Ibraheem (alaihis salam) with respect and reverence. We should also understand and adopt what he said literally in our life! Our life must become a living extension of the beautiful phrase he used. We must take the golden words ‘I love not things that set’ as the song of our life.
‘I love not those that set’!
‘I love not things that go down’!
‘I love not things that disappear’!
‘I love not those that are transitory’!
Today one may be enjoying high status in the society. Tomorrow he will be thrown off. The world has witnessed many rulers who were riding the crest in their hay days. And now they are a forgotten lot! There is no sense in taking pride in fame and status. They will eventually vanish. Say: I love not things that vanish!
Today one may be very beautiful. But you know, yesterday’s Beauty Queens are today’s Ugly Ducklings! Physical beauty disappears faster than one imagines! One of the banes of globalisation today is people spend a lot on cosmetics. Come on, sisters! It is cosmetic beauty after all! Say: I love not the beauty that will disappear!
Today one may have wealth and abundance. Who knows what will happen tomorrow!
A simple turn of the tide can reverse the whole scenario. Many a fire accident, flood and tsunami have brought down rich people from palaces to refugee camps. Isn’t it?
So there is great truth in living the phrase: ‘I love not that which is transitory’!
I gave just three examples – status, money, physical beauty. But Allah uses the word ‘Kullu’ to make us understand that everything on the face of the earth will vanish. Only Allah is Ever-Living, the Eternal.
“Everyone and everything on earth will perish. And the Face of your Lord full of Majesty and Honour will abide forever.” (Surah Ar-Rahmaan: 55: 26, 27)
May Allah guide us to the Right Path and retain us in the Right Path so that we love to love not things that set! Aameen.
PS: Don’t forget to read His heart’s moving du’aa – Amazing read, MaaShaaAllah!
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
January 20, 2012 - Posted by MuQeet | Inspiration, Prophets of Islam, Qur'anic Phrases, Reflections | Abraham, Afala, Allah, Beautiful dua, Belief in the Prophets of God, Dua, Guidance, Hajj, Islam, Islamiyat, Pilgrimage, Prophet Ibrahim, Prophets of Islam, Quran, Quran blog, Quranic Inspiration, Role Model, supplications, Surah al Anaam, Surah ArRahman, Yassarnalquran
16 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
- YasSarNal QuR'aN: We have made the Qur'an easy!
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Aisha on Education and Three Types of Nafs
- MuQeet on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Cassim on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- sami on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- MuQeet on “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”.
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day « YasSarNalQuR'aN on “If you have no shame, do whatever you like”!
- MuQeet on Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.