Aayatul Kursi: Greatest Ayah of the Qur’an
The greatest ayah of the Qur’an is undoubtedly the Ayah No. 255 of Surah al Baqarah, popularly known as the Aayatul Kursi
‘Do you know which Ayah in Allah’s Book is greatest’, asked the Prophet sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam, and then showed his approval when he was told that this was Aayatul-Kursi, reports Ubayy Ibn Ka’b (Muslim).
About reciting the Aayatul Kursi while going to bed, the Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam, confirmed that ‘a protector from Allah will then remain over you, and Satan will not come near you, until the morning’, reports Abu Hurayrah in a long Hadeeth about his encounter with Satan (Bukhari – Refer full Text of this Hadeeth here)
Some resources are presented here for you to download and learn further, Inshaa’Allah. Even if you know many things already, it is still advisable to go through to refresh your knowledge, nay your emaan!🙂
1. The beautiful ayah called Aayatul Kursi is this:
2. The understood meaning of this ayah is:
“Allah! Laa ilaaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists. Neither slumber, nor sleep overtake Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on earth. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His Permission? He knows what happens to them (His creatures) in this world, and what will happen to them in the Hereafter. And they will never compass anything of His Knowledge except that which He wills. His Kursi extends over the heavens and the earth, and He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them. And He is the Most High, the Most Great.” (Surah al Baqarah 2: 255)
3. Listen to/Download this Beautiful Recitation by Shaykh Mahmood Khaleel al Husary
4. If anyone wants to memorise this ayah, he/she can do so from this link and this link is really useful for those wanting to learn afresh🙂
5. Read from authentic sources describing the significance and virtues of Aayatul Kursi from here (pdf) or here (online).
6. Read the Tafseer of the greatest ayah of the Qur’an by Shaykh ibn Sa’adi from here
7. Listen to Tafseer by Shaykh Muhammad Syed Adly by going to this link and downloading the mp3 file.
8. An amazing explanation of this ayah is made by Shaykh Muhammad Saleh Al Othaimeen. Please download it here This file is in .exe format. If you are unable to download and open the file on your computer, check the Anti-Virus software settings on your computer.
9. View/Listen to this Video: Explanation of Aayat Al Kursi by the renowned Shaykh Dr. Saleh As Saleh.
10. To read from Tafseer Ibn Kathir
12. Linguistic Miracle of Aayatul Kursi is shared by Br. Nouman Ali Khan:
13. I found this beautiful calligraphic work from somewhere and unfortunately don’t know its source to give credit. I am using this as laptop’s wallpaper. (If you know the artist/source, then let me know, Inshaa’Allah)
Jazakallahu Khayra for reading this post.
Please Note: At the end of this post, sometimes you may find some advertisements.
They are generated automatically and I am not responsible for that. Thank you for understanding.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
July 26, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Aayatul Kursi, Asmaa ul Husna: Attributive Names | 2: 255, Allah, Asma al Husna, Attributes of Allah, Ayatul Kursi, Greatest Ayah, Greatest Verse, Islam, Linguistic Miracle, Names of Allah, Nouman Ali Khan, Quran, Quran blog, Verse of the Footstool, Verse of the Throne, Yassarnalquran
5 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- A Word about CHM files: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
Say ما شآء الله and الحمد لله
هذا من فضل ربّ This Blog is From the Blessings of My / our Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- As the ISLAMIC NEW YEAR is Round the Corner
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Muharram: Do's and Don'ts
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- MuQeet on Nouman Ali Khan’s Tafseer Collection
- Nouman Ali Khan’s Tafseer Collection « YasSarNal QuR'aN on One Juz A Day with Nouman Ali Khan
- As the ISLAMIC NEW YEAR is Round the Corner « YasSarNal QuR'aN on On the occasion of Islamic New Year….
- Alang on Nouman Ali Khan’s Tafseer Collection
- Alang on Nouman Ali Khan’s Tafseer Collection
- Library Update: THE HISTORY OF AL TABARI « YasSarNal QuR'aN on Library
- Sumayya on Celebrating Eid the Islamic Way!
- Celebrating Eid the Islamic Way! « YasSarNal QuR'aN on ‘His cheek was on my cheek’
- Celebrating Eid the Islamic Way! « YasSarNal QuR'aN on These are the Days of Eating, Drinking and Remembering Allah
- Haya on Eid al Adhaa Mubaarak :)
- MuQeet on Eid al Adhaa Mubaarak :)
- As the ISLAMIC NEW YEAR is Round the Corner September 27, 2016
- Library Update: THE HISTORY OF AL TABARI September 17, 2016
- Celebrating Eid the Islamic Way! September 13, 2016
- Eid al Adhaa Mubaarak :) September 11, 2016
- The Duaa of Arafah is the Essence of Islam September 10, 2016
- Arafah: What a Great Day This is! Subhanallaah! September 9, 2016
- The Timeless Message of Hajj September 8, 2016
Search in this Blog
TagsAllah Arafah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Site infoYasSarNal QuR'aN
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.