Aayatul Kursi: Greatest Ayah of the Qur’an
The greatest ayah of the Qur’an is undoubtedly the Ayah No. 255 of Surah al Baqarah, popularly known as the Aayatul Kursi
‘Do you know which Ayah in Allah’s Book is greatest’, asked the Prophet sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam, and then showed his approval when he was told that this was Aayatul-Kursi, reports Ubayy Ibn Ka’b (Muslim).
About reciting the Aayatul Kursi while going to bed, the Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam, confirmed that ‘a protector from Allah will then remain over you, and Satan will not come near you, until the morning’, reports Abu Hurayrah in a long Hadeeth about his encounter with Satan (Bukhari – Refer full Text of this Hadeeth here)
Some resources are presented here for you to download and learn further, Inshaa’Allah. Even if you know many things already, it is still advisable to go through to refresh your knowledge, nay your emaan! :)
1. The beautiful ayah called Aayatul Kursi is this:
2. The understood meaning of this ayah is:
“Allah! Laa ilaaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists. Neither slumber, nor sleep overtake Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on earth. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His Permission? He knows what happens to them (His creatures) in this world, and what will happen to them in the Hereafter. And they will never compass anything of His Knowledge except that which He wills. His Kursi extends over the heavens and the earth, and He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them. And He is the Most High, the Most Great.” (Surah al Baqarah 2: 255)
3. Listen to/Download this Beautiful Recitation by Shaykh Mahmood Khaleel al Husary
4. If anyone wants to memorise this ayah, he/she can do so from this link and this link is really useful for those wanting to learn afresh :)
5. Read from authentic sources describing the significance and virtues of Aayatul Kursi from here (pdf) or here (online).
6. Read the Tafseer of the greatest ayah of the Qur’an by Shaykh ibn Sa’adi from here
7. Listen to Tafseer by Shaykh Muhammad Syed Adly by going to this link and downloading the mp3 file.
8. An amazing explanation of this ayah is made by Shaykh Muhammad Saleh Al Othaimeen. Please download it here This file is in .exe format. If you are unable to download and open the file on your computer, check the Anti-Virus software settings on your computer.
9. View/Listen to this Video: Explanation of Aayat Al Kursi by the renowned Shaykh Dr. Saleh As Saleh.
10. To read from Tafseer Ibn Kathir
12. Linguistic Miracle of Aayatul Kursi is shared by Br. Nouman Ali Khan:
13. I found this beautiful calligraphic work from somewhere and unfortunately don’t know its source to give credit. I am using this as laptop’s wallpaper. (If you know the artist/source, then let me know, Inshaa’Allah)
Jazakallahu Khayra for reading this post.
Please Note: At the end of this post, sometimes you may find some advertisements.
They are generated automatically and I am not responsible for that. Thank you for understanding.
Why Not Share & Spread Qur'an's Barakah? May Allah Bless You.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
July 26, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Aayatul Kursi, Attributive Names | 2: 255, Allah, Asma al Husna, Attributes of Allah, Ayatul Kursi, Greatest Ayah, Greatest Verse, Islam, Linguistic Miracle, Names of Allah, Nouman Ali Khan, Quran, Quran blog, Verse of the Footstool, Verse of the Throne, Yassarnalquran
5 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- You'll find immense Qur'anic and Hadith resources under different headings as you can see below. Please have patience to scroll down, Inshaaallah.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
ما شآء الله
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
A hearty W e l c o m e :)
May Peace, Mercy & Blessings of Allah be upon YOU.
Keep visiting, Stay Blessed, Inshaaallah.
Postings الحمد لله
They Call it TOP POSTS!
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Word by Word Qur'an Reciter and Memorization Tool
A word about “chm files”There are many links given here and there to download files. If it is a chm file, after download, please save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
What Caring Readers Say..
Al Qur’an Add-Ins
Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word. You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah. See below ↓
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
- Surah al Kahf: A Weekly Reminder to Hang On with the Community October 1, 2015
- A Presentation for All September 29, 2015
- The correlation between Ihram and Kafan September 25, 2015
- Eid al Adhaa, Sacrifice, Takbeer, Days of Tashreeq….. September 23, 2015
- Things to Do on the Day of Arafah September 22, 2015
- Friday Khutbah in UAE: Virtues of the Ten Days of Dhul Hijjah September 17, 2015
- Tarbiyah Programme in Dhul Hijjah September 12, 2015
TagsAllah Arafah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Friday Friday sermon Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Jummah Jumuah Makkah Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Search in this Blog
Thank You :)