Between Two Inshaa’Allahs….
There is a great deal of similarity and difference in the Inshaa’Allahs uttered by two great Prophets of Allah, Prophet Moosa and Prophet Ismaeel (May Allah’s peace and mercy be upon them)
Through their stories, let us try to learn a basic fact that nothing in the world can happen without the permission and will of Allah, Inshaa’Allah…..
While reading the story of Prophet Moosa alaihis salam in Surah al Kahf, we come across this statement which he said to Al Khidr:
قَالَ سَتَجِدُنِي إِن شَاءَ اللَّـهُ صَابِرًا وَلَا أَعْصِي لَكَ أَمْرًا
“(Moosa) said, “You will find me, if Allah wills, patient, and I will not disobey you in [any] order.” (Surah al Kahf 18: 69)
While reading the Sacrifice Story of Prophet Ibraheem and his son Ismaeel, we come across this statement of Ismaeel alaihis salam:
فَلَمَّا بَلَغَ مَعَهُ السَّعْيَ قَالَ يَا بُنَيَّ إِنِّي أَرَىٰ فِي الْمَنَامِ أَنِّي أَذْبَحُكَ فَانظُرْ مَاذَا تَرَىٰ ۚ قَالَ يَا أَبَتِ افْعَلْ مَا تُؤْمَرُ ۖ سَتَجِدُنِي إِن شَاءَ اللَّـهُ مِنَ الصَّابِرِينَ
“And when he reached with him [the age of] exertion, he said, “O my son, indeed I have seen in a dream that I [must] sacrifice you, so see what you think.” He said, “O my father, do as you are commanded. You will find me, if Allah wills, of the steadfast.“ (Surah As-Saaf’faat 37: 102)
From the rest of the respective stories, we come to know that:
1) Moosa alaihis salam was not able to adopt patience, and did not keep up his word.
2) Ismaeel alaihis salam was able to adopt patience, and kept his word.
As believers in Allah, both had uttered the Islamic phrase ‘Inshaa’Allah’ that ‘if Allah wills’ they will keep patience. In Ismaeel’s case, it did happen, and Moosa’s case it did not happen.
What do we come to learn from this?
For some thing to happen in reality, it has to have two things in it: 1) The Permission of Allah and 2) The Will of Allah. Without these two, nothing in the world can practically happen!
Let me dwell further as to how Qadar (destiny or divine fate) works.
There are four aspects of Al Qadar that help us understand how Al Qadar happens in our world:
1) Al Ilm: Divine Knowledge:
Allah first knows what will happen.
2) Al Kitabah: Written Destiny:
Allah informs and tells the angels to write what will happen.
3) Al Mashee’ah: Divine Will:
Allah wills and permits what is written to happen when its time comes.
4) Al Khalq: The Creation:
Allah creates and makes His will happen in the real world.
….Jazakallaahu Khayr for reading this post.
May Allah accept our ibadah, forgive us of our sins, grant us all good in this world and in the Hereafter, and save us from the torment of Hell-fire. Aameen.
Please read this: The Significance of Saying Inshaa’Allah in our day to day life, Inshaa’Allah.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
October 3, 2014 - Posted by MuQeet | Reflections | Al Khidr, Allah, Allah's will, If Allah wills, Insha Allah, InshaaAllah, Ishmael, Islam, Ismael, MashaAllah, Moses, Musa, permission of Allah, Quran, Qurbani, sacrifice story, Surah al Kahf, Surah as-saffat, will of Allah, Yassarnalquran
7 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- YasSarNal QuR'aN: We have made the Qur'an easy!
- 6 Sets of Hadeeth Books in One Page :)
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Aisha on Education and Three Types of Nafs
- MuQeet on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Cassim on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- sami on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- MuQeet on “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”.
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day « YasSarNalQuR'aN on “If you have no shame, do whatever you like”!
- MuQeet on Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.