Man’s relationship with his Lord
Who is our Creator, the Almighty Lord, and what is our relationship with Him?
Many a philosopher, since time immemorial, tried to find an answer to this question. They have written tones of volumes only to come out with crippled theories and cranky theologies! In today’s world of spiritual supermarket, the leaders of man-made religions, themselves spiritually-bankrupt, successfully groom their followers into a more spiritually-challenged lot!
Prophet Ibraheem was no philosopher! He was a simple man with candid thoughts.
Taking a leaf from the life of Prophet Ibraheem, the Qur’an captures the most defining moment of his life in the most colourful a manner – more colourful than the more recent motion-picture camera could capture!
Listen to this picturesque answer!
“(Allah is He) Who created me, and it is He who guides Me;
“Who gives me food and drink,
“And when I am ill, it is He who cures Me;
“Who will cause Me to die, and then will give life (again);
“And Who, I hope, will forgive me My faults on the Day of Judgement”.
(And then Ibraheem prayed): “My Lord, endow me with knowledge and wisdom and join me with the righteous.
And grant me a reputation of honor among later generations.
And place me among the inheritors of the Garden of Pleasure.”
(The Qur’an: Surah Ash-Shu’araa: 78 – 85)
What better description can a human mind give about the strong bond between man and his Maker!
These humble words coming from the mouth of Prophet Ibraheem, the great grand Prophet of Islam, pierces the heart and illuminates the mind. It not only immaculately facilitates the concept of Creator, the Lord of the Worlds, but also defines man’s relationship with one’s Creator to the rest of his life and beyond!
In fact, these eight verses of Chapter 26 of the Qur’an seal the issue of God-man, Maker-made relationship for all times to come!
Nowhere in the world would you find such a finest description of Creator-created (خالق- مخلوق) and Worshipped-Worshipper(معبود – عابد) relationship!
The above quoted answer of Prophet Ibrahim to the question ‘Who is the Lord of the Worlds?’ reveal the following aspects of Allah:
1. Allah is the Creator. He is al Khaaliq.
2. Allah is the Guide, the Giver of Revealed Knowledge, the Giver of Acquired-Knowledge. He is al Haadi
3. Allah is the Sustainer, the Giver of Provisions, the Quencher of Hunger and Thirst. He is Ar-Rabb, Al Razzaaq.
4. Allah is the Curer, the Healer. He is ash-Shaafee
5. Allah is the Giver of Death, the Taker of Life. He is al Mumeet.
6. Allah is the Giver of Second-life. He is al Muh’yee.
7. Allah is the Forgiver of sins. He is al Ghafoor, al Ghaf’faar, at-Taw’waab.
8. Allah is the One to Whom one must make du’aa. For, Allah is the Real Giver. He is al Wah’haab.
9. Allah is the One who listens to the supplications of His servants. He is as-Samee, al Mujeeb.
10. Allah is the Giver of knowledge and the Bestower of wisdom. He is Al ‘Aleem, Al Hakeem.
11. Allah is the Giver of Honour and Dignity. He is al Mu’iz.
The wanderer comes home. Darkness is lifted. Truth shines! Peace prevails!
‘It is Allah who is My Lord and your Lord; then worship Him. This is a way that is Straight.” (The Qur’an: 3:51)
With some additions, this article is available here in the form of power point presentation, alhamdulillah.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
April 15, 2011 - Posted by MuQeet | Muqeet's (assorted), Qur'an and Man's Relationship with his Lord | Abraham, Allah, Creator, Dhul Hijjah, God-man relationship, Guidance, Guide, Hadith, Hajj, He is the Curer, Ibadah, Lord, Muslim Worship, Prophet Ibrahim, Prophet Muhammad, Prostration, Quran, Quran blog, Quranic Inspiration, Relationship, Role Model, Surah Al Shuaraa, The Healer, The Healing, The Poets, Worship, Yassarnalquran
2 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- Your Feedback on Ramadhaan Page, Please...
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Your Feedback on Ramadhaan Page, Please… « YasSarNalQuR'aN on Ramadhaan
- MuQeet on The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Khadija on The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- All About Al Israa wal Meraaj | |-| Islamic Studies |-| on 3 Graciously Beautiful Gifts of Me’raaj
- All About Al Israa Wal Meraaj, the Prophet’s Night Journey « YasSarNalQuR'aN on 3 Graciously Beautiful Gifts of Me’raaj
- All About Al Israa Wal Meraaj, the Prophet’s Night Journey | Food For Thought on All About Al Israa Wal Meraaj, the Prophet’s Night Journey
- All About Al Israa wal Meraaj | |-| Islamic Studies |-| on Ruling on celebrating the Night of Israa and Mi`raaj
- Your Feedback on Ramadhaan Page, Please… April 25, 2017
- All About Al Israa Wal Meraaj, the Prophet’s Night Journey April 22, 2017
- Take Time to Appreciate Islam! March 19, 2017
- Library Update March 13, 2017
- The Heart: Fu’aad, Qalb and Sadr March 11, 2017
- Surah al Kahf presents Two Types of Hearts March 6, 2017
- Taaghuut. What is Taaghuut? February 26, 2017
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)