Our Salah is Full and Full Meaningful!
Islam is so natural and meaningful that sparkling gems keep coming all along our path. We get enlightened and feel proud to be a Muslim. Today I read an amazingly sparkling piece and could not resist the urge to share with you all. Br. Nouman Ali Khan has enlightened us with some gems found hidden in the acts of our Salah. After reading this, I am sure the focus and concentration in our Salah would increase, Inshaa’Allah.
1. Takbeer Tahreema at the beginning of Salaah/namaz/prayer:
‘Allahu akbar’ means – ‘Allah is greater’.
We say this at the beginning of our Salaah, and by saying it – we are telling ourselves that ‘Allah is greater’ than anything else in our lives. So now we need to focus on Allah in our prayer.
2. Rukoo’ (Bowing) – Subhaana Rabbiy al-’ADheem –
Subhaan comes from the root word Sabaha = it Floated.
Anything which is constantly Floating or Gliding.
Meaning: something which does not sink or fall – but keeps in its high position.
This is why Allah says; ‘Subhaan Allah’ about Himself when the disbelievers slander Him (i.e. by accusing Him of having a son, or daughters etc.)
Subh = Perfection, Gliding/floating above all falsehood and evil.
Subh-AAN = ABUNDANT/LOADS of Perfection.
So by saying; Subhaana Rabbiy = Abundant Perfection (to)
Rabb-IY ( ربي ) [MY Master].
The Meaning related to RUKOO’ (bowing)-
By bowing to Allah, we are standing in a position which is lower than our normal standing position. Which means we are not in a state of ‘Subhaan’ (perfect balance and uprightness). Yet we are bowing to One who is ALWAYS Subhaanah (Perfect/Above ALL).
GEM: This is why we are praising Allah as ‘subhaana Rabbiy’ (perfectly upright is my Master), showing that we are humbling ourselves to His Perfection, by Lowering ourselves from our normal Upright (subh) position.
al-’ADheem ( العظيم ) – from the word; ‘ADhm ( عظم ) = Bone.
The Bone is strong and firm and has all descriptions of being the Strength and structure of the body.
So Allah is the ‘ADheem = Strong, Firm, Powerful.
‘aDhEEm (the letter ‘Ya’ after the 2nd Root Letter signifies ‘Constant‘) = CONSTANTLYstrong, firm, powerful.
= Subhaana Rabbiy al-‘ADheem – Perfect is my Master, the Constantly Strong, Firm and Powerful.
RUKOO’ (bowing) – We praise Allah as al-’ADheem – the Firm, Powerful, and we know that the ‘ADhm (Bone) is Stable.
So Allah is al-’ADheem – constantly Stable/firm/powerful.
Now Abdul Nasir Jangda mentioned in his tafseer (i think surah Haqqah 69:52) that when we do Rukoo’ [bowing] to Allah – we are in one of the most Non-Stable positions. So that even if a really strong man was in Rukoo’ (bowing) position, and a child ran past him and accidentally pushed him – this man would probably fall or lose stability. Showing that humans are not Constantly stable.
GEM: So by bowing to Allah in Rukoo’ – we are admitting our Weakness and Instability (Lack of Stability/strength/firmness) to our Master Allah, al-’ADheem (the Constantly Firm/Stable/Strong.)
3. Sajdah (Prostration) – Subhaana Rabbiy al-A’la:
Subhaana = Abundant Perfection and Constant Highness is given to Allah as praise when we are in the lowest position in our prayer.
So we praise His highness when we are in low position which is not normal for humans to be in, except when in a state of total submission, dependance and weakness.
So we admit our weakness and dependance to Allah by lowering ourselves in a position which everyone (Muslim or non-Muslim) recognizes as submission.
al-A’la ( أعلى ) = the Higher.
When we prostrate (do Sajdah) to Allah – we place ourselves in the lowest position the human can get.
By placing your face on the ground – you are saying you are the lowest, and the Arabs would say to someone they hated; ‘May your nose be rubbed in dust’ (on the ground) – i.e. may you be humiliated.
So for someone to place their nose on the ground is humiliation, but the believer puts his nose on the Lowest ground for no-one,except for One only. Who? Al-A’la (the Highest!)
GEM: We gain strength through this, and none experiences the true joy of it except the Muslim, and none finds honor through sajdah (prostration) except the Muslim. (Find something relevant here 🙂 Muqeet)
«ثَلَاثٌ أُقْسِمُ عَلَيْهِنَّ: مَا نَقَصَ مَالٌ مِنْ صَدَقَةٍ، وَمَا زَادَ اللهُ عَبْدًا بِعَفْوٍ إِلَّا عِزًّا، وَمَنْ تَوَاضَعَ للهِ رَفَعَهُ الله»
(I swear regarding three matters: no charity shall ever decrease the wealth; whenever one forgives people, then Allah will magnify his honor; and he who is humble for Allah, then Allah will raise his rank.) [Tafsir ibn Katheer]
NOTE: May Allah bless Br. Nouman Ali Khan for his enthusiasm and hard work. Aameen.
also I will, Inshaa’Allah, make a pdf file of this so that we can spread this masterly piece far and wide, Inshaa’Allah
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
July 23, 2012 - Posted by MuQeet | Salah: MeaningFULL | Allah, Dua, Five Pillars, Glorifying Allah, Gratification, How Muslims pray, Islam, Living Islam, Muslims, Namaz, Praise, Praising Allah, Prayer, Prostration, Ramadan, Ruku, Sajdah, Salah, What Muslims say in prayer, Yassarnalquran
7 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan
- The Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Welcoming Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Your Feedback on Ramadhaan Page, Please… April 25, 2017
- All About Al Israa Wal Meraaj, the Prophet’s Night Journey April 22, 2017
- Take Time to Appreciate Islam! March 19, 2017
- Library Update March 13, 2017
- The Heart: Fu’aad, Qalb and Sadr March 11, 2017
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)