Takbeer, Tahleel, Tahmeed and Tasbeeh
Right from the beginning of his mission as the Last and Final Messenger of Allah to mankind down to his last breath, Prophet Muhammad Sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam, has taught us hundreds of du’aas (supplications) and ways to remember and glorify Allah (adhkaar). Du’aas and Adhkaar that are simple, yet splendid! Mind-boggling, yet insightful! Lucid, yet marvelous! Precise, yet comprehensive! Humble, yet piercing! We have no choice but to marvel at this glorious Prophet’s humility and worship towards his Creator.
We have entered the blessed days of Dhul Hijjah. The hujjaj have started proceeding towards the House of Allah from every distant land in the world.
It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allah ibn ‘Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:
“There are no days that are greater before Allah in which good deeds are more beloved to Him, than these ten days, so recite a great deal of tahleel, takbeer and tahmeed during them.” Narrated by Ahmad, 7/224.
Takbeer is to proclaim the greatness of Allah by saying Allahu Akbar (Allah is Great!)
Tahmeed is to praise Allah by saying Alhamdulillah (All Praise belongs to Allah)
Tahleel is to declare the oneness of Allah by saying La ilaaha il-lal-laah (There is none worthy of worship except Allah)
Tasbeeh is to glorify Allah by saying Subhanallah (Glory be to Allah)
It is Sunnah to recite takbeer, tahmeed, tahleel and tasbeeh during the first ten days of Dhul-Hijjah.
Muslims are encouraged to fill the atmosphere saying these words aloud in mosques, homes, streets and at every place in which it is permissible to remember Allah.
Men should say loudly and women should say quietly.
The takbeer during Dhul Hijjah is said in its extended format which is as follows:
Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, laa ilaaha il-lal-laahu Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, wa Lillaahil-hamd
Allah is Great! Allah is Great! Allah is Great! There is none worthy of worship and obedience except Allah. Allah is Great! Allah is Great! And all Praise belongs to Him alone!
Allah has created us. He has given us the faculty of speech. Let us use our tongue to glorify Him as He alone deserves to be glorified and worshiped.
May Allah accept our du’aas, our adhkaar, our worship and forgive us of our sins. May He be pleased with us. Aameen.
O Allah! Keep us alive as true Muslims and take our souls in the state of Imaan. Aameen.
Download these two useful presentations, Inshaa’Allah:
SUBHANALLAHI WA BIHAMDIHI (The Great Tasbeeh!)
VIRTUES OF TAHLEEL (The Great Tahleel!)
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
October 19, 2012 - Posted by MuQeet | Subhanallahi Wa Bi Hamdihi, Zikr | Alhamdulillah, Allah, Allah is Great, Allahu Akbar, Dhikr, Dhul Hijjah, Hadith, Hajj, Remember Allah, Remember Allah at all times, Subhanallahi wa bihamdihi, Sunnah, Tahleel, Tahmeed, Takbeer, Tasbeeh, Yassarnalquran, Zikr
9 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- YasSarNal QuR'aN: We have made the Qur'an easy!
- 6 Sets of Hadeeth Books in One Page :)
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Aisha on Education and Three Types of Nafs
- MuQeet on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Cassim on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- sami on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- MuQeet on “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”.
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day « YasSarNalQuR'aN on “If you have no shame, do whatever you like”!
- MuQeet on Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.