Do not forget your share of the world!
This ayah from Surah al Qasas seeks to strike balance between dunya and Aakhirah.
Your involvement in worldly activities should not go to such extent that you tend to forget Aakhirah and the life to come.
Similarly your involvement in religious or spiritual activities should not make you an ascetic in that you tend to ignore the lawful enjoyment that this world has to offer.
Allah, man’s Creator, says in His glorious Book:
“But seek, through that which Allah has given you, the home of the Hereafter; and [yet], do not forget your share of the world. And do good as Allah has done good to you. And desire not corruption in the land. Indeed, Allah does not like corrupters.” Surah al Qasas 28: 77
1. Seek through that which Allah has given you, the Home of the Hereafter:
The distinguishing aspect of this ayah is that Aakhirah is mentioned first, and then comes the dunya.
This is a pointer to a Muslim that he or she need to keep Aakhirah as his/her priority and strive in this world for the Hereafter. Dunya is for the Aakhirah.
Therefore make Aakhirah your ultimate goal. Through the blessings that you enjoy in this world.
If Allah has blessed you with wealth, utilize it to help the poor, feed the hungry, clothe the needy, invest in Aakhirah through Sadaqah and spending in the way of Allah.
If Allah has given you knowledge, explore the world, conquer space, teach the ignorant, light the candle, spread the radiance, illuminate the world through teaching, learning, writing, send rejoinders to anti-Islamic articles/news reports, do research in sciences, performing dawah by conveying the message of Islam, practice what you preach or uphold.
Allamah Ibn Kathir says that the meaning of the verse وَابْتَغِ فِيمَا آتَاكَ اللَّـهُ الدَّارَ الْآخِرَةَ “But seek, with that which Allah has bestowed on you, the home of the Hereafter”, is:
“use this great wealth and immense blessings Allah has given you to worship your Lord and draw closer to Him by doing a variety of good deeds which will earn you reward in this world and the Hereafter.”.
2. Do not forget your share of the world
Ibn Kathir, while explaining وَلَا تَنسَ نَصِيبَكَ مِنَ الدُّنْيَا “and forget not your portion of lawful enjoyment in this world” writes in his Tafseer:
Do not forget “That which Allah has permitted of food, drink, clothing, dwelling places and women. Your Lord has rights over you, your self has rights over you, your family has rights over you, and your visitors have rights over you. So give each of them their due.” Refer here
Islam strikes balance between this world and the Hereafter, the Other World.
Recall the Qur’anic du’aa which was one of the oft-repeated du’aas of our glorious Prophet sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam:
“But among them is he who says, “Our Lord, give us in this world [that which is] good and in the Hereafter [that which is] good and protect us from the punishment of the Fire.” Surah al Baqarah 2:201
If dunya is valueless, as some people believe, then this ayah would not have come in the Qur’an.
Yes, comparing Aakhirah, dunya is nothing!
But then dunya is a journey towards Aakhirah. You can’t deny this fact.
Aakhirah is the Destination and the goal. You have to reach the destination by undertaking the journey. Whether you like it or not!
Islam is against asceticism. This is the meat of the matter.
We need to enjoy the blessings of Allah as much as we can.
Through halal entertainment.
May Allah give us the good of this world and the good of the Hereafter and save us from the torment of the hell-fire.
Sal-lal-laahu Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-Sallam.
Related Reading: What is Your Sa’aa?
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
March 20, 2016 - Posted by MuQeet | Reflections | aakhirah, Aakhirah is better, Allah, Day of Judgement, Deen, dunya, Enjoy the world, Halal entertainment, Islam, Islamic entertainment, Life hereafter, Muslim Faith and Practice, Naseeb, No asceticism in Islam, Quran blog, This life and the other life, نصيب, World and Hereafter, Yassarnalquran
4 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan
- The Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Welcoming Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Your Feedback on Ramadhaan Page, Please… April 25, 2017
- All About Al Israa Wal Meraaj, the Prophet’s Night Journey April 22, 2017
- Take Time to Appreciate Islam! March 19, 2017
- Library Update March 13, 2017
- The Heart: Fu’aad, Qalb and Sadr March 11, 2017
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)