Be a Citron!
Attitudes towards the glorious Qur’an and categories of people.
An amazing hadeeth, MaashaaAllah!
وعن أبي موسى الأشعري رضي الله عنه : قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم :
الْمُؤْمِنُ الَّذِي يَقْرَأُ الْقُرْآنَ وَيَعْمَلُ بِهِ كَالأُتْرُجَّةِ، طَعْمُهَا طَيِّبٌ وَرِيحُهَا طَيِّبٌ
وَالْمُؤْمِنُ الَّذِي لاَ يَقْرَأُ الْقُرْآنَ وَيَعْمَلُ بِهِ كَالتَّمْرَةِ، طَعْمُهَا طَيِّبٌ وَلاَ رِيحَ لَهَا
وَمَثَلُ الْمُنَافِقِ الَّذِي يَقْرَأُ الْقُرْآنَ كَالرَّيْحَانَةِ، رِيحُهَا طَيِّبٌ وَطَعْمُهَا مُرٌّ
وَمَثَلُ الْمُنَافِقِ الَّذِي لاَ يَقْرَأُ الْقُرْآنَ كَالْحَنْظَلَةِ، طَعْمُهَا مُرٌّ ـ أَوْ خَبِيثٌ ـ وَرِيحُهَا مُرٌّ
Abu Musa Al-Ash’ari (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that
the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
“The example of a believer who recites the Qur’an and acts on it, is like a citron (utruja) which tastes nice and smells nice.
And the example of a believer who does not recite the Qur’an but acts on it, is like a date (tamar) which tastes good but has no smell.
And the example of a hypocrite who recites the Qur’an is like a basil (raihana) which smells good but tastes bitter.
And the example of a hypocrite who does not recite the Qur’an is like a colocynth (hanzala) which tastes bitter and has a bad smell.” Sahih al Bukhari
O Allah! Make us among the likeness of those whose fragrance as well as taste is sweet and delicious. O Allah! Never make us among the hypocrites.
Sal-lal-laahu Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-Sallam.
PS: Update of an old post
Take time to read: “I LOVE NOT Things That Set” InshaaAllah.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
March 17, 2016 - Posted by MuQeet | Muqeet's (assorted), Qur'an and Muslims | A Muslim is like a date tree, Allah, Ba an utruja, Basil, Bitter-apple, Bukhari, Citron, Hanzala, Islam, Islam is the best, Live by the Quran, Munafiqoon, Muslim, Muslims, Orange, Quran, Quran blog, Raihana, Read Quran, Riyadhus Saliheen, Tamar, Utruja, Yassarnalquran
2 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- The Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Welcoming Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Your Feedback on Ramadhaan Page, Please… April 25, 2017
- All About Al Israa Wal Meraaj, the Prophet’s Night Journey April 22, 2017
- Take Time to Appreciate Islam! March 19, 2017
- Library Update March 13, 2017
- The Heart: Fu’aad, Qalb and Sadr March 11, 2017
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)