Allah is Al Qareeb, what more do you want?
As pointed out in the post Ramadhaan is Seeker’s Paradise Allah wants us to call upon Him more and more in the blessed month of Ramadhaan as the Doors of Paradise are open and He is ever-ready to bestow His infinite blessings. He has even reserved a Special and Exclusive Gate called Ar-Rayyaan to honour those who respond to His Call by observing fast in the month of Ramadhaan.
Even though the feeling that Allah is Near is more distinct in the month of Ramadhaan, the fact is that He is Near and closer to you than yourself not just in the month of Ramadhaan but also all through your life! Allah has conveyed this Good News to you through His glorious Messenger, Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam, through the medium of this noble ayah:
“And when My servants ask you, [O Muhammad], concerning Me – indeed I am near. I respond to the invocation of the supplicant when he calls upon Me. So let them respond to Me [by obedience] and believe in Me that they may be [rightly] guided.” (Surah al Baqarah 2: 186)
Indeed, Allah is Al Qareeb, the Near one.
Two most beautiful attributes of Allah are associated with the concept of Allah’s nearness to man, and this precisely provides great significance and meaning to the attributive Name, Al Qareeb: That Allah is All-hearing and that He is Responsive!
إِنَّهُ سَمِيعٌ قَرِيبٌ – “Indeed, He is Hearing and near” (Surah Saba 34: 50)
إِنَّ رَبّى قَريبٌ مُّجِيبٌ – “Indeed, my Lord is near and responsive” (Surah Huud 11: 61)
Allah is Al Qareeb because He alone is All Hearing. He is Al Qareeb because He alone is Responsive. Subhanallaah!
Allah is All Hearing. He hears you even if you don’t utter a single word. He hears what is in your hearts. He hears your inner voice. His hearing is much faster than you could express or think. He is As-Samee’, the Hearing.
Allah is Responsive. He listens and responds to your call. He answers your du’aa. He feels shy to return you empty-handed. He is so responsive!
This reinforces in us the fact that: Allah is close to us, He hears us, and He responds to our du’aas.
Now you understand why even your closest ones cannot be near you in the truest sense of the term. No one – not even your best friend – can hear your inner thoughts and feelings, and so how can he claim to be near you?
A deaf man cannot respond to you! He has no power to hear you in the first place!!
The knowledge that Allah is Al Qareeb is inherent and inborn in man. Otherwise Allah would not have mentioned about this ungrateful act of man!
One practical example to quote here would be the thanksgiving du’aa of Prophet Ibraheem (alaihis salam) in which he acknowledges the fact that: إِنَّ رَبّى لَسَميعُ الدُّعاءِ “Indeed, my Lord is the Hearer of supplication”. (Surah Ibraheem 14: 39)
Dear brothers and sisters, when we know that Allah is near we should try to get closer to Him through prayers, supplications and charitable acts.
May Allah help us and bless us to grasp the real meaning of Al Qareeb, Al Mujeeb, As-Samee’, and Al Musta’aan.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
July 10, 2015 - Posted by MuQeet | Asmaa ul Husna: Attributive Names, Reflections | Allah, Allah answers to our call, Allah is Near, Asma ul Husna, Being Grateful Quotes, calling on Allah, Dua, Fasting, Kufr Vs Shukr, Make dua to Allah, prayers in Islam, Prophet Ibrahim's thanksgiving dua, Quran, Quran blog, Ramadan, Ramadan and Dua, Sajdah, Salah, Shukr, supplications, Tasbeeh, the Power of Dua, Yassarnalquran
No comments yet.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Qur'an Quiz 3 with Answers to Quiz 2
- Qur'an Quiz 2 with answers to Quiz 1
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- MuQeet on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- Muhammad Usama Chaudhary on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- Adonis Rahman on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal « YasSarNal QuR'aN on Hijrah: The least discussed topic in Rabi al Awwal!
- MuQeet on Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal November 30, 2016
- Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz November 28, 2016
- Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family? November 25, 2016
- Shariah is for Human Welfare November 21, 2016
- Facts About Safar November 1, 2016
- Peace First. Peace Last. October 17, 2016
- The Muslim and the Hijrah of All Times October 14, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Site infoYasSarNal QuR'aN
Blog at WordPress.com.