Take Time to Appreciate Islam!
بسم الله والصلاة والسلام على رسول الله
While teaching a lesson on ‘Appreciating the Gifts of Allah’ to Grade 5 students, I asked them:
Tell me some gifts that Allah has given you in your life.
Many students said: Parents, water, money, friends, family, knowledge, eyes, brain etc. etc.
One boy simply said, ‘ISLAM, Sir! Islam is a Gift from Allah’.
The moment this boy said Islam is a Gift from Allah, other boys started telling about the related gifts.
One said, ‘Qur’an is a Gift from Allah’. The other said, ‘Prophet Muhammad is a Gift from Allah’. Another one said, ‘Du’aa is a Gift from Allah’. I said, ‘Subhanallah! Fantastic answers’.
The question is: Are You Grateful for the Islam you have?
We thank Allah for many things: Food, air, sunlight, health, wealth, livelihood etc.
Have you ever thanked Allah for blessing you with the treasure called Islam?
Do we ever know its value? Have we ever considered Islam to be a treasure even?
What effort you – and I – have taken to understand Islam, the way of life, we proudly profess?
Do you ever talk about this gift or share this Gift with fellow human beings? With your friends and colleagues?
Do parents discuss about Islam with their children?
We often hear people saying, ‘Be grateful for what you have! You have no idea how many would love to have what you’ve got.’
In Al-Saheehayn it is reported from ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (R.A) that a Jewish man said to him, “O Ameer al-Mu’mineen, there is an aayah in your Book which you recite; if it had come to us Jews, we would have taken that day as an ‘Eid (festival).”
‘Umar said, “Which aayah?”
He said: “This day I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.” Surah al Maaidah 5: 3
‘Umar said, “We know on which day and in which place that was revealed to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). It was when he was standing in ‘Arafaah on a Friday.”
Allah subhanahu wa Ta’aala says:
“They consider it a favor to you that they have accepted Islam. Say, “Do not consider your Islam a favor to me. Rather, Allah has conferred favor upon you that He has guided you to the faith, if you should be truthful.” Surah al Hujuraat 49: 17
Alhamdulillaah for Islam.
May Allah guide us to follow His blessed Deen until our last breadth.
اللَّهُمَّ مَنْ أَحْيَيْتَهُ مِنَّا فَأَحْيِهِ عَلَى الإِسْلامِ ، وَمَنْ تَوَفَّيْتَهُ مِنَّا فَتَوَفَّهُ عَلَى الإِيمَانِ
O Allah! Whoever amongst us lives, let him live in the shade of Islam and whoever amongst us dies, let him die in the state of Imaan.
Sal-lal-laahu ‘Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu ‘Alaihi Wa Sallam.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
March 19, 2017 - Posted by MuQeet | Islam: Greatest Liberating Force on earth!, Reflections | Allah, Appreciating Islam, Deenul Islam, Hadith, Islam and Muslims, Islam is a Gift, Jealousy of people about Islam, Jews, Living Islam, Quran, Surah al Maidah, Treasure Islam, Yassarnalquran
3 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Take Time to Appreciate Islam! March 19, 2017
- Library Update March 13, 2017
- The Heart: Fu’aad, Qalb and Sadr March 11, 2017
- Surah al Kahf presents Two Types of Hearts March 6, 2017
- Taaghuut. What is Taaghuut? February 26, 2017
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)