Insights into Aayatul Kursi
بسم الله والصلاة والسلام على رسول الله
This post is an excerpt from the Friday Sermon on Aayatul Kursi which is indeed the Greatest Ayah of the glorious Qur’an.
In a beautiful hadeeth, it is narrated from Ubayy ibn Ka’ab:
فحين سأل رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم أبي بن كعب رضي الله عنه :
« يا أبا المنذر، أتدري أي آية من كتاب الله معك أعظم؟»
. قال : الله ورسوله أعلم
قال : يا أبا المنذر أتدري أي آية من كتاب الله معك أعظم؟
(قال : ( الله لا إله إلا هو الحي القيوم
قال : فضرب في صدري، وقال :« والله ليهنك العلم أبا المنذر». أي هنيئا لك العلم
The Messenger of Allah once asked Ubayy Ibn Ka’ab, may Allah be pleased with him, “O Abul Mundhir! Do you know which Ayah in Allah’s Book is the greatest?”
Ubayy said, “Allah and His Apostle know best.”
The Prophet (peace be upon him) again asked, “O Abul Mundhir! In your opinion, which Ayah in Allah’s Book is the greatest?”
He said, “Allah – there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of [all] existence.”
Thereupon he patted Ubayy in the chest and said, “Rejoice by this knowledge, O Abul Mundhir!” (that is to say, may the knowledge be pleasant for you) See the Text recorded in Sahih Muslim
On its own merits, Aayat Al Kursi is seen as the most excellent Ayah in the holy Qur’an because it contains the greatest meanings as well as a number of the beautiful names of Allah, the Most High. It begins with “Allah”, the name which imparts tranquility to souls and brings assurance to the hearts.
Allah, the Almighty, declares:
ألا بذكر الله تطمئن القلوب
“unquestionably, by the remembrance of Allah hearts are assured.” Surah Ar-Raad 13: 28
Indeed, whoever takes refuge with Allah, the Most Compassionate will protect him, whoever asks for His help, He will relieve him, and whoever asks Him for provisions He will provide him.
Allah, the Almighty, asks:
أمن يجيب المضطر إذا دعاه
“is He [not best] who responds to the desperate one when he calls upon Him.” Surah An-Naml 27: 62
This ayah begins with two great names of Allah, the Almighty: الحي القيوم, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of [all] existence.
Indeed, supplications to Allah by these two Names are more likely to be answered.
In this regard, it was narrated that a man supplicated to his Lord saying:
اللهم إنِّي أسألك بأنَّ لَكَ الْحَمدُ لاَ إلهَ إلاّ أنتَ، المَنَّان، بَدِيعُ السَّموات وَالأرض، ذَا الْجَلالِ والإكْرَام
َيَا حيُّ يَا قيوم، إنِّي أسْأَلُك
“O Allah, indeed I ask You since all praise is due to You, there is none worthy of worship but You, the Bestower, the Creator of the heavens and earth, O Possessor of majesty and honour, O the Ever-living, the Sustainer of (all) existence, I ask of You.”
فقال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم :« أتدرون بما دعا؟». قالوا: الله ورسوله أعلم. قال صلى الله عليه وسلم
“والذي نفسي بيده، لقد دعا الله باسمه العظيم الذي إذا دعي به أجاب، وإذا سئل به أعطى”
The Messenger of Allah said, “Do you know what he has supplicated with?” The companions said, “Allah and His Messenger know best.” He said, “By the One in Whose Hand is my soul, he called upon Allah by His greatest Name, which, if He is called by it, He responds, and if He is asked by it, He gives.”
Subhanallaah! Glory be to Allah.
يَا حَيُّ يَا قَيّومْ بِرَحْمَتِكَ أسْتَغِيث
O Ever-Living, O Self-Sustaining Sustainer! In Your Mercy do I seek relief Read the full hadeeth here
The greatness of this ayah can also be understood from this beautiful saying of the glorious Messenger of Allah:
من قرأ آية الكرسي في دبر كل صلاة مكتوبة لم يمنعه من دخول الجنة إلا أن يموت
“Whoever recites Aayat Al Kursi immediately after each prescribed prayer, there will be nothing standing between him and his entering Paradise except death.”
Read the full English translation of the Khutbah on Aayatul Kursi here, or download as PDF. Click here for Arabic Khutbah
Related Post: The Greatest Ayah of the Qur’an – A comprehensive compilation 🙂
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
December 24, 2016 - Posted by MuQeet | Aayatul Kursi, Du'aa - General, Du'aas - Prophetic | 2:255, 5 time prayers, Al Hayy, Al Qayyoom, Allah, Asma al Husna, calling on Allah, Dua, Hadith, Ibadah, Islam, Muslims, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Quran blog, Salah, Supplication, The beautiful names of Allah, The Greatest Ayah, The Greatest Verse of the Quran, Virtues of Ayatul Kursi, Yassarnalquran
1 Comment »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- YasSarNal QuR'aN: We have made the Qur'an easy!
- Haza Min Fadhli Rabbee
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- MuQeet on Lovers of Arabic language! Grab this opportunity!!
- Javed Chaudhary on Lovers of Arabic language! Grab this opportunity!!
- MuQeet on Qur’an Quiz 3 with Answers to Quiz 2
- MuQeet on An Introduction to Tajweed
- Azra on An Introduction to Tajweed
- NasreenbMohammed on Qur’an Quiz 3 with Answers to Quiz 2
- Ahmed, SN on When the Call is Proclaimed on Friday……
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal November 30, 2016
- Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz November 28, 2016
- Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family? November 25, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.