Facts About Safar
بسم الله والصلاة والسلام على رسول الله
Dear sisters and brothers, Assalamu Alaikum.
The 2nd month of the Islamic Calendar has commenced, alhamdulillaah.
Quoting authentic references, I would like to dispel certain false beliefs and superstitious customs which are unfortunately found prevalent among some sections of Muslim society with regard to the month of Safar.
Some Muslims believe that this month brings bad luck; it is a month of bad omen, we must not initiate any good work in this month, one must not marry blah, blah…….all stupid, baseless thoughts!!
The month of Safar is like all other months. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) condemned what is said about this month. Abu Hurayrah (radhiyallahu Anhu) reported from the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) that:
“(There is) no ‘Adwa (no contagious disease is conveyed without Allah’s permission), nor is there any bad omen (from birds), nor is there any Haamah, nor is there any (bad omen in the month of) Safar, and one should run away from the leper as one runs away from a lion.” (narrated by al-Bukhari, 5387; Muslim, 2220)
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) had condemned the superstitious beliefs woven around the month of Safar that were prevalent among the pagan Arabs. Go to this link to read more ahadeeth
If we also do the same things that were done by the Arabs of the days of Jahiliyyah, what’s the difference then between us and them!!
So, performing special prayers in this month to safeguard oneself from evil or abstaining from marrying or from any other happy occasion or believing in some cock and bull story are nothing but sheer myths. A Muslim should give up such fairy tales and follow the Qur’an and the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) and the way of the Sahabah and their followers.
We MUST have firm faith in Allah. In verse number 51 of Surah Tawbah, Allah tells us to declare:
“Say: “Nothing shall ever happen to us except what Allah has ordained for us. He is our Maulaa (Lord, Helper and Protector). And in Allah let the believers put their trust.” (9:51)
While describing the true characteristics of a Muslim, Allah assures us that He is Sufficient for everthing!
Allah says in Surah At-Talaaq:
“… And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him……….” (65: 3)
May Allah guide us onto the Straight Path.
Please do click here
Also read Tawassul made in Safar.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
2 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan
- The Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Welcoming Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Your Feedback on Ramadhaan Page, Please… April 25, 2017
- All About Al Israa Wal Meraaj, the Prophet’s Night Journey April 22, 2017
- Take Time to Appreciate Islam! March 19, 2017
- Library Update March 13, 2017
- The Heart: Fu’aad, Qalb and Sadr March 11, 2017
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)