Peace First. Peace Last.
بسم الله والصلاة والسلام على رسول الله
What do you think of a Community whose Calendar Year Starts and Ends with a Sacred Month?
What do you understand about a month being Sacred?
You think Muslims are terrorists and their religion promotes terrorism? How misguided!
Today let me hurl or dash the truth against falsehood. And woe to you for what you utter!!
Islamic Calendar consists of Twelve Months, out of which Four are declared as the Sacred.
The meaning of a month being sacred is that the believers are required not to fight or wage war during that month. Islam prohibits fighting during the sacred months!
This doesn’t mean that Islam promotes fighting in other months. It means that if one is forced to fighting then he is allowed to fight for self-defense. It also means that a Believer must not initiate war. The battles during the life time of the Prophet Muhammad (Peace be uponhim) were of defensive nature, not offensive!
Islam is a religion of peace, not terrorism. Islam itself means peace.
If someone says, “Islam is terrorism”, he is only making a laughing stock of himself. Ask how?
When you translate the phrase “Islam is terrorism”, you invent a myth: “Peace is terrorism” or “peaceful terrorism”!!
When someone calls an ice-cream hot, isn’t he crazy or idiotic?
Back to the Calendar. The Four Sacred Months of the Islamic Calendar are:
1. Muharram (1st month)
2. Rajab (7th month)
3. Dhu’l-Qa’dah (11th month) and
4. Dhu’l-Hijjah (12th month)
So the Islamic Year starts with a sacred month, and ends with a sacred month.
What is the meaning and inference of the year starting and ending with a sacred month in which fighting is prohibited?
What message is conveyed through this calendar system?
Even though the answer is obvious but then you know common sense is uncommon, so let me briefly elucidate.
If you think over, what is the norm adopted by people at the year end? Man takes account of his actions, looks back at the past and resolves to make the coming year better by not repeating the mistakes of the past.
And what do you do at the start of a New Year? You pray that the new year should be good, fruitful and successful. Some even come up with a few resolutions to abide by in the new year, right?
Now, when you are in the sacred month you will only think of positive things: Peace as against war, Love as against hatred, Friendship as against enmity. Reconciliation as against conflict. Construction as against destruction.
If you notice, after Muharram, the first month, the next sacred month is Rajab which the 7th month.
What does this mean. It means as the year continues, you need to sit back and think over by taking half-yearly account. If you got deviated, then you need to come back and ensure that peace prevails.
Peace then is the priority in Islam. Peace is the beginning and peace is the end.
You end your year with peace. You start your year with peace.
The message is loud and clear. Peace first, Peace last!
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
2 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Qur'an Quiz 2 with answers to Quiz 1
- Qur'an Quiz 3 with Answers to Quiz 2
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Muhammad Shariful Islam on The Muslim and the Hijrah of All Times
- MuQeet on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- Muhammad Usama Chaudhary on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- Adonis Rahman on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal « YasSarNal QuR'aN on Hijrah: The least discussed topic in Rabi al Awwal!
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal November 30, 2016
- Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz November 28, 2016
- Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family? November 25, 2016
- Shariah is for Human Welfare November 21, 2016
- Facts About Safar November 1, 2016
- Peace First. Peace Last. October 17, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Site infoYasSarNal QuR'aN
Blog at WordPress.com.