The Muslim and the Hijrah of All Times
بسم الله والصلاة والسلام على رسول الله
Whenever Allah gives us an opportunity to witness the New Year, we must always try to go back to our roots and understand what it is means to be a Muslim, and what is the relevance of hijrah in our life.
So the simple question is: Who is a Muslim?
And What is the hijrah for the modern day Muslim?
Suffice is to quote a relevant hadeeth here:
The Messenger of Allah, Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam, said:
الْمُسْلِمُ مَنْ سَلِمَ المسلمونَ مِنْ لِسَانِهِ وَيَدِهِ , وَالْمُهَاجِرُ مَنْ هَجَرَ مَا نَهَى اللَّهُ عَنْهُ
“A Muslim is he from whose tongue and hands other Muslims are safe.
A Muhajir is one who stays away from what Allah has prohibited.”
1. Are others safe and secure from your activities?
If yes, you are a Muslim. If not, revive your Imaan!
2. Do you stay away from prohibited things in Islam?
If yes, you are a Muhajir. If not, do the hijrah: give up that which is haraam.
Firstly, one should not be a nuisance, disturbance, annoyance, source of hatred and abuse to others.
Secondly, one should try his best to give up that which is forbidden in Islam.
If Muslims follow this one hadeeth and continue to practice what is being said in this brief hadeeth, then many problems in the world will be solved.
Are we, as Muslims, prepared to undertake this hijrah throughout the year, throughout our life?
May Allah give us the Hikmah to understand Islam in a better way. May Allah give us the Hidayah to follow Islam in our life. Aameen.
Sal-lal-laahu-Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu ‘Alaihi Wa Sallam.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
October 14, 2016 - Posted by MuQeet | Islamic Months | 1438 Hijri, Allah, Emigration, hadeeth, Hijrah, Hijrah of the Prophet, Islam, Islamic Calendar, Muhajir, Muharram, Quran, Resolution 1438, Seerah, Yassarnalquran
3 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Taaghuut. What is Taaghuut?
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Takbeer, Tahleel, Tahmeed and Tasbeeh
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Taaghuut. What is Taaghuut? February 26, 2017
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.