Fasting on the 9th and 10th of Muharram. Do not ignore saying it’s just a Sunnah!!
Monday, 10 October is the 9th of Muharram in the Middle East, UK, Europe, USA and many other countries. It is Mustahab to fast on the 9th of Muharram along with the 10th as per the following hadeeth:
Abdullah ibn Abbaas (Radhiyallahu Anhu) said, “When the Messenger of Allah (Sal-lal-lahu-alahi-wa-sallam) fasted on ‘Aashooraa’ and commanded the Muslims to fast as well, they said, `O Messenger of Allah, it is a day that is venerated by the Jews and Christians.’ The Messenger of Allah (sal-la-lahu-alahi-wa-sallam) said: `If I live to see the next year, ‘Insha’Allaah’, we will fast on the ninth day too.’ But it so happened that the Messenger of Allah (sal-lal-lahu-alaihi-wa-sallam) passed away before the next year came.” [Muslim]
Also, it is Sunnah to fast on Mondays. So if you fast tomorrow (that is Monday) with the right intention, then you will have the twin advantage – of Fasting the 9th of Muharram and fasting on a Monday as well.
The Fast of ‘Aashoora, the 10th of Muharram is the most recommended fast in Islam
Abdullah ibn Abbaas (Radhiyallahu Anhu) said, “I never saw the Messenger of Allaah so keen to fast any day and give it priority over any other time than the day of ‘Aashooraa’ and the month of Ramadhaan.” [Al-Bukhari]
Prophet Muhammad (sal-lal-lahu-alahi-wa-sallam) said, “For fasting the day of ‘Aashoora’a, I hope that Allaah will accept it as expiation for the past year.” [Muslim]
For more details, please read Muharram InshaaAllah
Please Note: The Companions (Sahaba) used to love an act because it’s Sunnah and most of us leave it because it’s just a Sunnah!! What an irony!!!
May Allah guide us to live in the footsteps of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and his glorious companions.
Also note in case someone is not able to fast on the 9th of Muharram, then he is permitted to fast on the 10 and 11th.
Sal-lal-laahu ‘Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu ‘Alaihi Wa Sallam.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
October 9, 2016 - Posted by MuQeet | Islamic Months | 10th of Muharram, Aashoora, Fasting, Fasting on Mondays, Hadith, Hijri Year 1438., Islam in UAE, Islamiyat, Muharram, Muharram 10, Mustahab, Quran, Quran blog, sunnah fasts, Yassarnalquran
No comments yet.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan
- The Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Welcoming Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Your Feedback on Ramadhaan Page, Please… April 25, 2017
- All About Al Israa Wal Meraaj, the Prophet’s Night Journey April 22, 2017
- Take Time to Appreciate Islam! March 19, 2017
- Library Update March 13, 2017
- The Heart: Fu’aad, Qalb and Sadr March 11, 2017
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)