As the New Islamic Year commences…
PS: As the New Islamic Year – 1438 – commences I extend my heartiest congratulations to one and all 🙂
Sharing a few relevant posts and related links on this gracious occasion.
Hijrah, the basis of Islamic Calendar
1437 years have passed since the Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam made his epoch-making journey called Hijrah.
Islam, unlike other religions, is not found on hero-worship.
The commencement of the Islamic Calendar, therefore, is not based on the birth or death of Prophet Muhammad! It is based on Hijrah, – so significant and epic an event that the great Caliph Umar ibn al Khattab chose it as the epoch of the age and the start of the Muslim Calendar.
A brief info on Hijrah
The Migration of Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam from Makkah to Madinah in the year 622 A.D is called Hijrah.
Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam had spent thirteen years and almost two months of his prophetic career in Makkah. On 27th Safar in the 14th year of Prophethood, Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, left his house. The noble Messenger of Allah went to his trusted friend-companion Abu Bakr’s house and both of them made the hijrah together.
They took a route least expected. That route was on the south of Makkah leading to Yemen while Madinah was on the opposite direction, north of Makkah.
After staying in the Cave of Thawr for three days, on the 1st of Rabi al Awwal the Prophet, peace be upon him, started his journey to Madinah.
After eight days of travel, they reached Quba and stayed there for four days. And on 12thRabi al Awwal, the Messenger of Allah reached Yathrib, which later became popular as Madinatun Nabi, the City of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and Madinah al Munaw’warah (The Radiant City)
I would like my readers to understand the Hijrah Route of our glorious Prophet (peace be upon him).
Please go to this link then continue reading it by clicking the red arrow you’ll see on your left. Then have your speakers on and read it again and again, InshaaAllah.
Sal-lal-laahu ‘Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu-‘Alaihi Wa-Sallam.
A Few Beneficial Links:
Sal-lal-laahu ‘Ala Muhammad, Sal lal laahu ‘alaihi wa sallam
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
September 27, 2016 - Posted by MuQeet | Islamic Months, Muqeet's (assorted) | Allah, Biography of the Prophet, Emigration, First Month of the Muslim calendar, Hijrah, Hijrah Route, Hijri calendar, Islam, Islamic Calendar, Islamic New Year, Muharram Dos and Donts, Muharram Facts, Muslim calendar, Muslims, Umar ibn al Khattab, Year 1438
3 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
- YasSarNal QuR'aN: We have made the Qur'an easy!
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Welcoming Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Your Feedback on Ramadhaan Page, Please… April 25, 2017
- All About Al Israa Wal Meraaj, the Prophet’s Night Journey April 22, 2017
- Take Time to Appreciate Islam! March 19, 2017
- Library Update March 13, 2017
- The Heart: Fu’aad, Qalb and Sadr March 11, 2017
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)