Ehtesaab in the Nights of Laylatul Qadr
At the time when we are reviving our spirits during the last days of Ramadhaan 1437, I just want to recall the hadeeth on Qiyamul Layl and share a few practical tips towards Muhasabah.
This will not take more than 5-7 minutes of your precious time, InshaaAllah.
The hadeeth of Rasoolullaah goes like this:
عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه، عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال :
“من قام ليلة القدر إيمانا واحتسابًا غفر له ما تقدم من ذنبه” (متفق عليه)
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (ﷺ) said,
“Whosoever performs Qiyaam during Laylat-ul-Qadr, with Eemaan and Ehtesaab, will have his former sins forgiven.” Al-Bukhari and Muslim
Qiyaam = Night Prayers in Ramadhaan. Includes Taraweeh, Tahajjud and other nafl prayers.
Laylatul Qadr = Five odd nights of the last ten nights of the month of Ramadhaan. One night is better than 1000 months which is about 84 years!
Eemaan = Faith/Firm belief in Allah, His Angels, His Books, His Messengers, Fate & Destiny, Day of Judgement and life after death.
Ehtesaab = Introspection, Self-assessment, Accountability, Evaluation of one’s thoughts and deeds.
Eemaan and Ehtessab, therefore, are the key to Laylatul Qadr.
I do not have better words than these golden words of advice by Umar ibn al Khattab, رضي الله عنه May Allah be pleased with him, who said:
حَاسِبُوا أَنْفُسَكُمْ قَبْلَ أَنْ تُحَاسَبُوا
“Evaluate Yourself before You Are Evaluated by Allah”.
We need to do introspection of our selves. How we are as Muslims? What have we done for Aakhirah?
Are we truly following the teachings of Islam or simply existing as Muslims?
Let us sit in seclusion for a while and do an honest self-assessment.
We will not achieve the intended purpose until we consider the following to the best of our capabilities:
Here are some practical steps for doing continuous Ehtesaab even after Laylatul Qadr is gone:
May Allah help us in having firm belief. May He shower upon us His grace so that we continue the spirit of Laylatul Qadr all throughout our lives.
Courtesy: The three picture images are taken from Dr. Yunus’s Presentation
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
July 1, 2016 - Posted by MuQeet | Islamic Months: RAMADHAN, Reflections | Accountability, Allah, deeds management, Ehtesaab, Iman, Islam, Layiatul Qadr, Muslims, Prophet Muhammad, Qiyamul Layl, Quran, Ramadan Activity, Self evaluation, Taraweeh, The sayings of Umar ibn al Khattab
No comments yet.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- Takbeer, Tahleel, Tahmeed and Tasbeeh
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Blog at WordPress.com.