Limited Days, Unlimited Nonsense, and a Verse of Warning!
أَيَّامًا مَّعْدُودَاتٍ – Ayyaamam Ma’duudaat – is the apt description for the Month of Fasting. Limited Number of Days!
So limited that you don’t know how fast its days pass until you end up saying: Allah! It is as if Ramadhaan started just now…and see these many days flew away!
1/3rd 1/2 of Ramadhaan 1437 is gone!! Subhanallaah!
Precious moments must be valued and treasured. Not wasted in unnecessary and vain pursuits!
It is really unfortunate that many of us indulge in unlimited nonsense even during the limited days of this infinitely blessed month.
In Surah Tawbah, Allah Subhanahu wa Ta’aala, says something that should lead us to take stock of our situation. This ayah is in fact a Warning Note from the Lord of the worlds to all the believers in Islam.
“Say, [O Muhammad], “If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your relatives, wealth which you have obtained, commerce wherein you fear decline, and dwellings with which you are pleased are more beloved to you than Allah and His Messenger and jihad in His cause, then wait until Allah executes His command. And Allah does not guide the defiantly disobedient people.” Surah Tawbah 9:24
In the above ayah, Allah did not leave anything. Subhanallaah!
Who is more beloved to you?
Allah, His Messenger and striving in His cause?
OR Your family and society? Your wealth? Your commerce? Your houses and resources?
“If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your relatives, wealth which you have obtained, commerce wherein you fear decline, and dwellings with which you are pleased are more beloved to you than Allah and His Messenger and jihad in His cause, then wait until Allah executes His command.”
Dear brothers and sisters, let us address ourselves keeping the above ayah in perspective to take stock of our Ramadhaan activities.
What is more beloved to you in Ramadhaan?
Fasting or Feasting? You fast to eat? Or eat to fast?
Are you spending more time in praying and reciting Qur’an OR are more concerned and occupied in mindless chatting?
Have you become a victim to the notorious commercialization of Ramadhaan? That you shop until you drop?
For a Muslim who fasts, iftaar time is the prime time.
How is your prime time spent? Making du’aa is more important to you at iftaar? OR something else?
Are we sincerely seeking forgiveness from Allah in the Month of Forgiveness or busy in seeking worldly fame or fortune?
You wish to make your wallet also a Muslim by giving out Zakah and Sadaqah or brush aside things saying ‘why should I give my hard- earned money?’
When we have to choose from the options, do we choose Allah and His Messenger or go by our whims and fancies?
Remember, when we Muslims do not value the most precious time of our life, the Ramadhaan time, how then are we going to manage our life based on the above mentioned ayah?
We need to respect and regard our parents. But when they dictate things that clash with Islamic values and principles, should we not politely refuse to obey them!
Do we have to follow the society and its customs or go by the directions given by Allah and His Messenger?
These are some of the serious questions we Muslims need to ask ourselves if we really want to follow the guidance given in the above verse.
Otherwise as Allah says, “wait until Allah executes His command, that is, sends down His punishment, for Allah does not guide the defiantly disobedient people.”
May Allah make us join the blessed few, inshaaAllah.
Jazakallaahu Khayra for reading this post.
May Allah bless us all with His choicest blessings and help us to prefer Him over everything else.
Sal-lal-laahu-‘ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu-alaihi wa Sallam.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
June 15, 2016 - Posted by MuQeet | Islamic Months: RAMADHAN, Reflections, Surah Tawbah | Allah, Ayyam al Madudaat, Fasting, Five Pillars, Ibadah, Islam, Limited Days, Muslims, Prophet Muhammad in Ramadan, Quran, Quran blog, Ramadan 1437, Ramadan 2016, Sawm, Surah Tawbah, The month of forgiveness, Worship, Yassarnalquran
2 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- Qur'an Quiz 2 with answers to Quiz 1
- Surahs beginning with Alhamdulillaah
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- Adonis Rahman on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal « YasSarNal QuR'aN on Hijrah: The least discussed topic in Rabi al Awwal!
- MuQeet on Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz
- Haya on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- Haya on Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal November 30, 2016
- Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz November 28, 2016
- Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family? November 25, 2016
- Shariah is for Human Welfare November 21, 2016
- Facts About Safar November 1, 2016
- Peace First. Peace Last. October 17, 2016
- The Muslim and the Hijrah of All Times October 14, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Site infoYasSarNal QuR'aN
Blog at WordPress.com.