Answers to Ramadhaan Quiz
Here are the Answers to the Ramadhaan Quiz.
Owing to readers’ demand, the Questions and Answers are given together. Also, a PDF file is done so that it can be shared with as many, InshaaAllah.
1. Which month in the Islamic Calendar is Ramadhaan?
2. When was Ramadhaan Fasting made obligatory upon the followers of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)?
2nd Year of Hijah
3. Why Muslims are commanded to fast in the month of Ramadhaan?
So that they express their gratefulness for the revelation of the glorious Qur’an that began in this blessed month.
4. What is the significance of Laylatul Qadr?
It was the Night in which the Qur’an began to be revealed to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)
5. Which Ayah in the Qur’an makes fasting obligatory?
Ayah 183 of Surah al Baqarah.
6. What is the principal purpose of fasting?
To inculcate Allah-consciousness among Muslims, to develop Taqwa in them.
7. Name two important events that happened in Ramadhaan in Islamic history?
The Battle of Badr and the Conquest of Makkah.
8. What is the name of the charity that is given at the end of Ramadhaan?
9. What is the name of the prayer that is particularly associated with Ramadhaan?
Taraweeh or Qiyamul Layl
10. What is the meaning of the word ‘Ramadhaan’?
Ramadhaan is taken from the word ‘ramad’ which means that which is intensely or vehemently heated by the sun. The month was so named because it burns the sins of the believers.
11. Which month comes after Ramadhaan?
12. What do you mean by ‘Iftaar’?
To break the fast.
13. What is ‘Imsaak’?
To stop eating a few minutes before Fajr which is an innovation, a bid’ah.
14. What breaks your fast? List out any three.
Eating deliberately, drinking deliberately and sexual intercourse.
15. Mention two exemptions of fasting. That is, any two valid reasons for which one may not fast in Ramadhaan.
Travellers and the sick.
16. Which Night is better than a 1000 months?
Laylatul Qadr. It falls on either one of the odd nights in the last tenth of Ramadhaan: 21, 23, 25, 27 or 29.
17. What is Suhoor?
The pre-dawn meal
18. “Mankind will continue to remain well as long as they hasten to break their fasts.” This is an authentic hadeeth. True or False?
19. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) used to break his fast with dates in winter and with water in Summer. True or False?
20. What is the name of the Gate in Jannah through which only those who observed fast will enter on the Day of Resurrection?
21. “When the month of Ramadhaan starts, the gates of Paradise are opened, the gates of Hell are closed and the devils are chained.” Who said this?
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)
22. When a Muslim sincerely observes fasts in the day and prays in the night in Ramadhaan all his future sins will be forgiven. True or False?
23. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) used to have dates in Suhoor. True or False?
24. What distinguishes a Muslim’s fast from that of Christians and Jews? Mention two valid points.
They delay breaking the fast and do not have suhoor.
25. Angel Jibreel (Gabriel) would meet the Messenger of Allah every day of Ramadhaan to teach him the Quran. Is this statement True or False?
26. Allah doesn’t accept a Muslim’s fast who uses foul language and does evil things during fasting. True of False?
27. Is military Jihad allowed in the month of Ramadhaan?
28. What is the Arabic word for ‘seclusion’ or ‘staying devotedly in the masjid’ during the last tenth of Ramadhaan?
29. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) taught his wife, Aaishah, a du’aa telling her to say it during Laylatul Qadr. Which du’aa is that?
اللهم إنك عفو تحب العفو فاعفُ عني – Allahumma innaka ‘afuw’wun, tuhibbul-‘afwa, fa’fu ‘anni Find details here InshaaAllah.
30. What is the Qur’anic word for ‘Fast’?
Download RAMADHAAN QUIZ as PDF inshaaAllah.
Sal-lal-laahu Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-Sallam.
No comments yet.