Qur’an Memorization in Ramadhaan Through Shabaan
PS: Welcoming Shabaan 🙂
By the grace of Allah, the files are ready, alhamdulillaah.
Are you ready to take up the assignment?
The Hifdh Plan which I am presenting here is thematic. In most cases, one ayah per day is selected for memorization. However, depending on the context and the continuation of the meaning, it runs into the next ayah.
A few points to consider if you are willing to memorize from the glorious Qur’an, InshaaAllah.
1. If you have your own plan to memorize, then go ahead with it and ignore this post.
When you go for thematic memorization, it becomes more challenging.
2. Download & save the files where it is convenient for you to read online and offline.
3. You would need internet connection to listen and download the separate audio files of the selections.
4. On page 1, there is a note on Shadda and Kasra (Zeir in Urdu) please do not forget to read that.
5. To avoid any mistake in pronunciation of letters having Shadda with Kasra, I have highlighted in Red, so please take note of that (in case you are not familiar with the style of actual Arabic script)
6. Each page has Five Columns – Days/Arabic Text/Interpretation/Audio Files/Note
7. Expand the page view of the Pdf in case the display is not clear.
8. Interpretation is for you to understand what is being said in the ayah you are memorizing. But do not give more attention in going deep into understanding of the ayah, otherwise you will not be able to focus on memorization as such.
9. I have given brief note wherever necessary so that you memorize having some knowledge of the theme of the ayah you are learning by heart.
10. Days 10, 16, 22 and the last three days of Shabaan are earmarked for Revision of the memorized portion. And Days 8, 16 and 24 are allotted for revision in Ramadhaan. Spend more time during Laylatul Qadr in revising activity, InshaaAllah. That’s why after Day 24 I have not earmarked any day for Revision.
11. Revision is very much necessary lest you forget things. In fact revision is the key to retention. So please give the required attention and importance to revising the memorized portion, inshaaAllah.
If you feel the revision schedule made by me is not up to your satisfaction, then do modify the revision plan according to your convenience.
12. There are two ways that will help you to have effective retention and memorization, InshaaAllah:
1) Read the memorized portion frequently in your daily Salah.
2) Say the ayah while making du’aa and seek the help of Allah through the import of that ayah. For example: After memorizing the ayah…
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ قَالُوا رَبُّنَا اللَّـهُ ثُمَّ اسْتَقَامُوا تَتَنَزَّلُ عَلَيْهِمُ الْمَلَائِكَةُ أَلَّا تَخَافُوا وَلَا تَحْزَنُوا وَأَبْشِرُوا بِالْجَنَّةِ الَّتِي كُنتُمْ تُوعَدُونَ
….make duaa saying: O Allah! You have said that “those who say Allah is our Lord and then stay firm, then on them descend Angels telling ‘fear and worry not” O Allah! You are my Lord, help me to stay firm on the Right Path, shower your Mercy through your Angels giving me the glad tidings….”
Like this if you connect the meaning of any memorized ayah with your du’aa, then InshaaAllah you will not forget that ayah.
13. Memorize the Qur’an with the firm belief that the heart that memorizes the Words of Allah will not burn in Jahannum. If you approach with this conviction then you will not give up, and the Shaytaan will be defeated InshaaAllah.
14. Always make du’aa to Allah to help you learn the glorious verses of His noble Book. Without Allah’s help nothing can be achieved!
اللهم اجعل القرآن ربيع قلوبنا is a beautiful du’aa which means:
‘O Allah! make the Qur’an the spring of my heart’.
15. I have made this into three files to suit your convenience. a) For Shabaan b) For Ramadhaan c) Combined one for Shabaan and Ramadhaan
If you find any mistake anywhere in the files given below, please let me know inshaaAllah.
Download the file/s and get going InshaaAllah 🙂
May Allah help us and guide us on the Right Path.
May Allah accept this humble work and forgive us of our sins.
A request to all: Please share this with as many thro’ social media etc. Those who motivate others are equally rewarded.
Sal-lal-laahu ‘Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu ‘Alaihi Wa Sallam.
PS: Visit this Page for Ramadhaan Resources InshaaAllah.