Found a Bad Friend. Let him get lost!
While writing about the Numbers in the Qur’an, I noticed that I missed one type that should have actually gone into the post, ‘Categories of Friends in the Qur’an’.
This lost ‘friend’ is actually a bad companion. And without knowing about him or her in the first place, you cannot brush him/her aside by saying ‘Get Lost’!
So let us first know who this 12th category of friend is, and then let us make every possible effort to distance ourselves from him or her, InshaaAllah.
The Qur’an mentions that he is ‘Asheer عشير
‘Asheer in Arabic, according to Hans Wehr Dictionary, is used for companion, fellow, associate, friend, comrade.
As per the “Dictionary of Qur’anic Usage” an ‘asheer is a house-companion, companion, relative, wife or husband.
In the Qur’an, Allah Subhanahu wa Ta’aala says:
“He invokes one whose harm is closer than his benefit – how wretched the protector and how wretched the associate.” Surah al Hajj 22:13:10
In the tafseer of this ayah, Ibn Kathir says that ‘asheer means the one with whom one mixes and spends one’s time.
Man spends his time with his friends, family and relatives. We all have our own share of well-wishers and friends.
But an ‘asheer will bring more harm than benefit. Such a companion is described as the ‘wretched one’.
If we keep someone who is evil as our friend or associate, he will become a cause of shirk and kufr.
An ‘asheer may be a human being or Satan. So let us beware and distance ourselves from such wretched and evil associates lest we put our Aakhirah in jeopardy.
May Allah guide us on the Right Path.
Read the main post: Categories of Friends in the Qur’an
Sal-lal-laahu Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-Sallam.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
March 8, 2016 - Posted by MuQeet | Muqeet's (assorted), Reflections | Allah, Associates, Bad comrade, Blacksmith, Example of friendship in Islam, Friends, Friendship, Hadith, Islam, Musk, Partnership, Perfume seller, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Quran blog, Quran on friendship, Right Path, Yassarnalquran
3 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
- YasSarNal QuR'aN: We have made the Qur'an easy!
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Aisha on Education and Three Types of Nafs
- MuQeet on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Cassim on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- sami on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- MuQeet on “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”.
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day « YasSarNalQuR'aN on “If you have no shame, do whatever you like”!
- MuQeet on Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.