Answers to Family Quiz
Jazakumullaahu Khayra and Thanks a lot to those who participated in this Quiz.
Here are the answers for everyone to check out, InshaaAllah.
By the way, material from this blog can be used freely for da’wah or educational purposes. Courtesy, however, demands that one refers back to the blog as source reference. Thank you for understanding.
1. Abunn أبٌ is the Qur’anic word for father. What is the other name for father used in the Qur’an?
والد – Waalid
2. What is the Qur’anic word for grandchildren?
حفدة – hafada
3. Zaooj and Imra’a are two words used for which family member in the Qur’an?
Wife. Plural form is Azwaaj.
4. Ukt أخت means sister. What is its plural form?
أخوات – Akhwaat
5. What is the word Allah uses for a husband in the Qur’an?
زوج Zawooj and بعل ba’al
6. Khala خالة is for maternal aunt. What is the word the Qur’an uses for paternal aunt? Also, mention their masculine forms.
عمّة is for paternal aunt, Masculine form is عمّ and خال is for paternal uncle
أخوال and أعمام is the plural for maternal and paternal uncles respectively
خالات and عمّات is plural for maternal and paternal aunts.
7. أم Umm is the popular Qur’anic word for mother. What is its plural form?
أمّهات – Ummahaat
8. Rabaa’ib is used for which relation in the Qur’an?
9. What is the Qur’anic equivalent for fathers?
آبَاءَ – aabaa’a. It is also used for forefathers.
10. What is the Qur’anic word for 1) daughter and 2) daughters?
1) بنت and 2) بنات
11. Are you sure that there is a mention of nieces and nephews in the Qur’an? If yes, mention their Qur’anic names. If not, ignore this question!
Nieces = بنات الأخت Banaatul ukht
Nephews = بنات الأخ Banaatul Akh
12. Give the Qur’anic equivalent for a) brother and b) brothers.
b) إخوة and إخوان
13. There is a Sur’ah by name ‘The Women’ in the Qur’an. Which Surah is this?
14. There is a Surah by the name ‘The Men’ in the Qur’an. True or False?
15. What is the word used for a) child and b) children in the Qur’an? There are more than one word for each. If you know mention all, otherwise give at least one name.
a) For a Child, different words are used in the Qur’an.
They are: 1) صبيا Sabiyyan or Sabiyy 2) طفل Tifl
ولد walad for male child and بنت Bint for female child.
Male child is also called as غلام Ghulam
b) أطفال Atfaal / Awlaad أولاد is for children
16. Wildaan is the Qur’anic word for?
Young, beautiful boys of Jannah. They will be as beautiful as scattered pearls.
17. Ghilmaan is the word used for boys in the Qur’an. What type of boys are they?
Serving boys of Jannah. They will as beautiful as well-protected pearls.
18. What is the beautiful word for Youth in the Qur’an?
فتى Fatan singular for young and or فتية Fityatun, plural for Youth.
19. What is the word for Relatives in the Qur’an? And what is the word for close relatives?
ذِي الْقُرْبَىٰ – Zil Qurbaa and أُولُو الْقُرْبَىٰ or أُولِي الْقُرْبَىٰ and أُولُو الْأَرْحَامِ or أرحام for Relatives
عشير – ‘Asheer is also for relative
الْأَقْرَبُونَ is for close relatives
20. What is the Qur’anic word for son? And what is its plural form?
إبن Ibn for son / ولد walad
بنين Baneen or بنون Banooon and أَبْنَاء Abnaa’u for sons.
21. What is the word for Family in the Qur’an? There might be two different words. If yes, mention both names.
أَهْلٌ Ahl and آل Aal
22. What is the Qur’anic equivalent for a) old man b) old woman
a) شيخ Shaykh for old man and b) عَجُوزٌ ‘ajooz for old woman
23. What is the word for elders in the Qur’an?
24. What is the word the Qur’an uses for parents?
الْوَالِدَيْنِ Al Walidayn or الْوَالِدَانِ Al Walidaan
ابوان or أبوين Abavan or Abavayn.
May Allah increase us in knowledge, wisdom and application. Aameen.
Those who missed other Quizzes can visit This, InshaaAllah.
Sal-lal-laahu Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-Sallam.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
March 6, 2016 - Posted by MuQeet | Qur'an Quiz | Family Members in the Quran, Family Quiz, Hadith, islamic education, Islamic Quiz, Islamiyat, Meaning of the Quran, Quran blog, Quran Quiz, Quran vocabulary, Quranic words, Understand Quran, Yassarnalquran
2 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- YasSarNal QuR'aN: We have made the Qur'an easy!
- 6 Sets of Hadeeth Books in One Page :)
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Aisha on Education and Three Types of Nafs
- MuQeet on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Cassim on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- sami on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- MuQeet on “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”.
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day « YasSarNalQuR'aN on “If you have no shame, do whatever you like”!
- MuQeet on Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Blog at WordPress.com.