So Deep, so Rich and brilliantly Meaningful!
The Word أحصى Ahsaa is to ‘count’, ‘compute’ ‘calculate’ or ‘enumerate’.
And this is mentioned in many places in the glorious Qur’an.
وَإِن تَعُدُّوا نِعْمَةَ اللَّـهِ لَا تُحْصُوهَا ۗ إِنَّ اللَّـهَ لَغَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ
“And if you should count the favors of Allah, you could not tuhsuuha (enumerate) them. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.” Surah An-Nahl
إِنَّا نَحْنُ نُحْيِي الْمَوْتَىٰ وَنَكْتُبُ مَا قَدَّمُوا وَآثَارَهُمْ ۚ وَكُلَّ شَيْءٍ أَحْصَيْنَاهُ فِي إِمَامٍ مُّبِينٍ
“Indeed, it is We who bring the dead to life and record what they have put forth and what they left behind, and all things We have ahsaynaahu (enumerated) in a clear register.” Surah YaSeen
Interestingly enough, another meaning of this word also is ‘to understand’ with the masdr (verbal noun) إحصاة meaning ‘aql, intelligence and the faculty of thought and mind. 
This brings a whole new understanding to the hadeeth of the Messenger (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) when he said:
إِنَّ لِلَّهِ تِسْعَةً وَتِسْعِينَ اسْمًا مِائَةً إِلاَّ وَاحِدًا، مَنْ أَحْصَاهَا دَخَلَ الْجَنَّةَ
“Allah has ninety-nine Names, one-hundred less one; whoever ahsaaha enters Paradise.” Sahih al Bukhari
It generally would mean ‘whoever counts them enters Paradise’ but subhan’Allaah a deeper meaning emerges here – one that includes not just to count, but according to this meaning of ‘ahsaa‘ – it alludes to understanding, pondering over, remembering and contemplating the Names of Allah `azza wa jall.
Rabbee Zidni ‘Ilma. May Allah elevate us in knowledge, wisdom, understanding and application.
Allaahumma Baarik Lana Feema A’tayt: O Allah, bless for us in what You’ve given us.
Sal-lal-laahu Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-Sallam.
 Ka’b ibn Sa’d al-Ghanawi – this derivative can be found in most lexicons including Lisaan al-‘Arab.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
March 3, 2016 - Posted by MuQeet | Asmaa ul Husna: Attributive Names, Reflections | Allah, Asma ul Husna, Attributes of Allah, contemplation, Count, Enumerate, Fahm al Hadith, Fahm al Quran, Favours of Allah, Hadith, Islam, Islam and Intelligence, Miracles of the Quran, Muslims, Names of Allah, Quran, Quran blog, understanding, Yassarnalquran
No comments yet.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- Takbeer, Tahleel, Tahmeed and Tasbeeh
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Blog at WordPress.com.