The correlation between Ihram and Kafan
The happiness of celebrating Eid al Adhaa on Thursday took a 180 degree turn.
The heart breaking news of the stampede at Mina resulting in the death of 717 Hajj pilgrims and injuring 800+ changed the entire scenario.
Sorrow and sadness is prevailing among Muslims around the globe. Some are in shock, unable to hear the distressing news coming from Makkah.
The incident has reminded Muslims throughout the world that death can strike us anytime, anywhere.
Just before the tragedy struck at Mina, Muslims were drawing inspiration marveling at the scores of video clippings and photographs published in the media of over a 2 million pilgrims donning white robes – ihram – having assembled at the plains of Arafaat after performing the Tawaaf of Ka’bah.
After the stampede, media flooded in its news with images that turned ihram into kafan!
Ihram which is the official/formal Muslim dress of Umrah and Hajj is nothing but a simple clothing: 2 pieces of seamless, unstitched white cloth wrapped around one’s body.
Ihram is a great leveller: One Humanity, Equality of mankind
The message of ihram is loud and clear: All are one in the sight of Allah.
Ihram removes distinctions of race, nationality, colour, ethnicity and language.
Ihram also reminds man of his BIRTH, the humble origin. You COME with NOTHING!
It reminds man of his DEATH, the humble end. You GO with NOTHING!
So when a Muslim wears his ihram it is as if he wears his own Kafan!
And this precisely happened at the Mina tragedy!
Ihram not only reminds the pilgrims of their birth and death, it also sends strong signals for non-pilgrims spread around the globe that this world is nothing but a temporary staying place.
One day everyone must leave this world. So be prepared to face death!
“O you who have believed, fear Allah. And let every soul look to what it has put forth for tomorrow (i.e. the Hereafter) – and fear Allah. Indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what you do.” Surah al Hashr 59: 18
So dear brothers and sisters, remind yourself of the kafan that would shroud your body. One day you will be taken to the graveyard for burial.
The grave is beckoning you! Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam said:
“When carried to his grave, a dead person is followed by three, two of which return (after his burial) and one remains with him: his relative, his property, and his deeds follow him; relatives and his property go back while his deeds remain with him.” Sahih al Bukhari
Think about your deeds which you have done.
It is time to turn to Allah in repentance. Tomorrow would be too late!
May Allah forgive the sins of all Muslims, dead and alive.
May Allah guide us onto the Right Path.
Related Reading: That which takes happiness away!
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
September 25, 2015 - Posted by MuQeet | Hajj related, Reflections | aakhirah, Ajl, Al Muhyi, Al Mumeet, Allah, Arafah 2015, Death, Five Pillars of Islam, Hajj 1436, Hajj tragedy 2015, Ihram, Islam, Life, Life hereafter, Makkah News, Mawt, Mina, Muslims, Pilgrimage to Makkah, Salah, Stampede at Mina, The Giver of Death, Time of Death
8 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- YasSarNal QuR'aN: We have made the Qur'an easy!
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men!
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Aisha on Education and Three Types of Nafs
- MuQeet on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Cassim on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- sami on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- MuQeet on “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”.
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day « YasSarNalQuR'aN on “If you have no shame, do whatever you like”!
- MuQeet on Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.