Being a Part of the Blessed Community
ذو as in Surah al Kahf or ذي as in Surah Ar-Rahman is a possessive noun which is always followed by a noun; ذو or ذي means possessor, owner, holder, master of, endowed with.
The plural form of ذو is اولو – ulu, which is followed by the genitive ‘of’.
اولو means owners of, possessors of , people of.
In the Qur’an, there are about 20 different phrases that include the word ulul/uli such as ulul arhaam, ulul albaab etc.
While I present this post in the form of a du’aa, I request you to go to the respective links to understand each Qur’anic phrase in a better way, InshaaAllah.
My Du’aa for YOU and me is….
…Prepare us get proactive so that we join among the blessed Ulul ‘ilm – those of knowledge, possessed with knowledge.
...Promote us for a good cause so that we join the noble company of the ulil amr – people of command or authority, men at the helm of affairs.
…Bless us with that preciousness so that we become one among the ulin nuha – those of intelligence, those possessed with wisdom
...Kindle in us the spark of honouring our ulul arhaam – blood relatives
…Confer upon us the love for the ulul Qurba – relatives
...Make us strong so that we join the distinguished ranks of the uli ba’sin shadeed – men of great military skills, possessors of valour
…Gift us with the spirit of enthusiasm and endurance power so that we join the spirited team of the ulu quwwa – men of strength
…Lift our status to be among the ulul fadhl – those of virtue
…Give us sufficient wealth so that we do not become like those ulut-Thawl – men of wealth; wealthy, rich (who find excuses to hold back)
...Honour us to be a part of the ulu baqiyyah – those of enduring discrimination, of good sense, men who speak out/raise their voice against evil etc.
...Forget us not to include us among the ulil absaar – those who have vision; the visionaries
…Tame and discipline our desires so You include us of the ulil irba – people with physical desire
…Protect us through your noble creation, the uleee ajniha – people with wings, Angels
…Empower us so that we become one of the ulil aydi – those of strength, possessors of power and might
…Create in us a burning desire and connect us with the distinguished among the ulul ‘azm – men of determination, possessors of strong willpower.
…O the Most Merciful, fill our hearts with the milk of kindness so as to show mercy to our ulaatul ahmaal OR ulaati haml – those carrying, the pregnant.
…We seek refuge in You from the evil of joining the company of these arrogant uli nia’mah – those of ease and comfort, people who have in abundance, rich
…Shower Your mercy on us in such a way that we show empathy to the ulidh-dharar – those with disadvantage, people of harm; the disabled, the handicapped.
...Bestow upon us the blessing of wisdom and discretion so that we become part and parcel of the Ulul albaab – men endowed with understanding, possessors of intellect, those possessed of wisdom.
Aameen….Yaa Rabbal ‘Aalameen.
PS: Changed the title!
At the end of this post, at times you may find some advertisements. They are auto generated. I do not have any control over them nor have I purchased the facility to remove them, Thank you for understanding.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
August 13, 2015 - Posted by MuQeet | Muqeet's (assorted), Qur'anic Phrases, Reflections | Al Wahhaab, Allah, Allah is our Protector, Allahis the Bestower, Ar Rahman, Ayah, courage, Hikmah, Ilm, Knowledge, Linguistic Miracle, men of strength, men of understanding, miracle in Arabic language, Muslim character, Owner of Mercy, Owner of Might, People of understandings, Possessed, possessor of knowledge, Qualities of a Believer, Quran blog, Quran is easy, Quran Miracle, signs for men of understanding, ulul albab, valour, words of wisdom, Yassarnalquran, Zil Jalali wal ikram, Zur Rahmah
3 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- 6 Sets of Hadeeth Books in One Page :)
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Aisha on Education and Three Types of Nafs
- MuQeet on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Cassim on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- sami on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- MuQeet on “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”.
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day « YasSarNalQuR'aN on “If you have no shame, do whatever you like”!
- MuQeet on Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.