Lugha and Laghw: Connected and yet different!
Arabic is a language par excellence. And Qur’anic Arabic is a miracle of all miracles!
Even though Lugha and Laghw come from the same root they are very different in meaning and connotations.
Laghw is foolish talk, nonsense, ineffectual, ungrammatical language.
Lugha is dialect, idiom, language, expression, word, jargon, lingo, vernacular, term.
I want to highlight two things here.
One. If somebody uses a bad word, you don’t say: His language/lugha is bad. You simply say: He speaks laghw! He is a product of a sick mind!!
If someone speaks good, you don’t tell him: Your language/lugha is good. You say, ‘Your brought up is good’.
So lugha is good language, laghw is evil.
Two. Now a days, young boys and girls use laghw in text messages. Their habit reflects even in the exam paper!
I gonna do this! You better gotta change it!!
Slang is laghw, not a part of lugha!
Give up laghw, adopt refined lugha!
Develop the Qur’anic Art of Effective Communication Inshaaallah.
O Allah make our lugha good. And, I know you will not make it good unless I try it myself. So O Allah, bless me to strive my utmost to speak good and avoid evil.
PS: Read the previous post if you haven’t read this yet.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
August 2, 2015 - Posted by MuQeet | Art of Communication, Reflections | al lugha al arabiyya, Allah wants us to speak good, Communication, corrupt minds, Evil talk, Faahisha, Fahash, good words, goodly language, Lugha, Muslims, Prophet Muhammad, Quran blog, Quran on communication, Quranic Arabic, Slang language, Slang words are bad, Speak good, talk nicely, the Arabic language, the language of Arabs, the language of Islam, Use and misuse of tongue, Yassarnalquran
3 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Welcoming Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Your Feedback on Ramadhaan Page, Please… April 25, 2017
- All About Al Israa Wal Meraaj, the Prophet’s Night Journey April 22, 2017
- Take Time to Appreciate Islam! March 19, 2017
- Library Update March 13, 2017
- The Heart: Fu’aad, Qalb and Sadr March 11, 2017
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)