“Woe to those who read them without reflection”
“so woe to those who read them without reflecting upon them”. This statement which is part of a Sahih Hadeeth should serve as a warning to all those who read the glorious Qur’an without reflecting upon its verses or pondering over them.
While we Muslims read a lot from the Book of Allah in the blessed month of Ramadhaan, I pray to Almighty Allah to shower upon us the grace of wisdom to understand and reflect over the teachings of His glorious and gracious Book. Aameen.
Ata’ reported: ‘Ubaid Ibn Umair and I visited A’ishah radiyallahu anha, then Ibn Umair asked her: “Tell us about the most remarkable thing you have seen from the Prophet (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam)”
A’ishah wept and said, “He (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam) woke up one night and said to me, “O Ai’shah, let me worship my Lord alone.” She said, “I swear by Allah that I love your company and I love what pleases you.” He (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam) then made ablution and started performing Salah. He (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam) kept weeping until his lap became wet, and kept weeping until the floor became wet. Bilal radiyallahu ‘anhu then came to inform him about the Fajr Salah and found him still weeping; he (ie. Bilal, radiyallahu ‘anhu) said to him: “O Messenger of Allah, you are weeping when Allah has forgiven all your past and future sins.” He (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam) said: “Then may I not become the most grateful servant of Allah; tonight these verses were revealed to me, so woe to those who read them without reflecting upon them:
“Verily! In The Creation Of The Heavens And The Earth And The Alternation Of The Night And The Day There Are Indeed Signs For Men Of Understanding.” (Surah Aal Imran 3: 190)
[The hadith is transmitted by Ibn Hibban and in Shaykh al Albani’s ‘Silsilah as-Sahihah’ 68 with a Good Isnaad.]
Taken from here
Getting Closer Good one
We have made the Qur’an Easy Amazing
Why Am I Reading the Qur’an? Must Read
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
July 1, 2015 - Posted by MuQeet | Muqeet's (assorted), Virtues of Qur'an Recitation | Book of Allah, Islam, Muslim scripture, ponder over the Quran, Prophet Muhammadm Sahih Hadith, Read Quran with understanding, Reflecting over the Quran, Religion, Tadabbur, Tafakkur, Yassarnalquran
3 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- YasSarNal QuR'aN: We have made the Qur'an easy!
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Aisha on Education and Three Types of Nafs
- MuQeet on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Cassim on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- sami on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- MuQeet on “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”.
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day « YasSarNalQuR'aN on “If you have no shame, do whatever you like”!
- MuQeet on Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.