Switching over from Mute mode to Pleasant Voice!
Presenting herewith a collection of Hadeeth from Riyad-us-Saliheen under the caption: The Merit of Recitation of the Noble Qur’an in a Pleasant Voice with commentary by Imam Nawawi. Hope this will encourage us to recite the glorious Qur’an in the best manner possible using the voice that Allah gave us to recite His very Words from His very Book to earn His pleasure, Inshaaallah.
Chapter 182, Riyad-u-Saliheen The Merit of Recitation of the Noble Qur’an in a Pleasant Voice
Hadeeth No. 1004: Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Messenger of AllAh (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam) saying, “Allah does not listen so attentively to anything as He listens to the recitation of the Qur’an by a Prophet who recites well with a melodious and audible voice.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Commentary: “Allah does not listen so attentively” has two- fold meanings. First, Allah’s acceptance and pleasure. Second, His attribute of Hearing. One must have to believe in it although we can neither describe it nor compare it with anything else.
The word “Ghina” is ordinarily used for singing but here it means the recitation which is done in accordance with the principles of Tajwid and in a beautiful voice.
Thus, this Hadeeth induces us to recite the Qur’an properly with nice feeling and voice.
Hadeeth No. 1005: Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam) said to him, “You have been given a Mizmar (sweet melodious voice) out of the Mazamir of Prophet Dawud (David).” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Commentary: Mizmar means flute but here it stands for tune and sweet voice. In the phrase Al-Dawud (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam) translated here `the family of Dawud,’ the word Al is superfluous and what is in fact meant is Prophet Dawud. In any case, sweet voice is a gift of Allah Who grants it to whom He likes. Lucky indeed are those who are granted this gift and they go about using it to invite people to the religion of Allah.
Hadeeth No. 1006: Al-Bara’ bin `Azib (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: I heard the Prophet (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam) reciting Surah Wat-Teen Waz-Zaitun (Chapter 95) during the `Isha’ prayer. I have never heard anyone reciting it in a more beautiful voice than his. [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Commentary: This Hadeeth tells us that, like other virtues and qualities, the Prophet Muhammad (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam) was also granted a sweet voice by Allah.
Hadeeth No. 1007: Abu Lubabah Bashir bin `Abdul-Mundhir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Prophet Muhammad (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam) said, “He who does not recite the Qur’an in a pleasant tone is not of us.” [Abu Dawud].
Commentary: The words “is not of us” mean that he is not following the way of the Prophet (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam) with regard to the recitation of the Qur’an. This Hadeeth also induces us to recite the Qur’an with a sweet and touching voice because the recitation of the Qur’an in this manner enhances its effect.
Hadeeth No. 1008: Ibn Mas`ud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam) said to me, “Recite the Qur’an to me.” I said: “O Messenger of Allah! Shall I recite it to you when it was revealed to you?” He (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam) said, “I like to hear it from others.” ‘Then I began to recite Surat An-Nisa’. When I reached the Ayah: `How will it be when We shall bring a witness from every people and bring you as a witness against them?’ (Having heard it) he said, “Enough! Enough!” When I looked at him, I found his eyes were overflowing with tears. [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Commentary: This Hadeeth has an aspect of honour for the people who are blessed with knowledge and grace. Moreover, it stresses the need to hear the recitation of the Qur’an from those who recite it beautifully in order to contemplate over it, as was done by the Prophet (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam) himself.
May Allah give us the Tawfeeq to recite the glorious Qur’an in a pleasant voice, avoiding supersonic speed. Aameen.
Related Reading: IslamQA
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
June 30, 2015 - Posted by MuQeet | How to Recite the Qur'an, Muqeet's (assorted), Virtues of Qur'an Recitation | al Quran al Kareem, Allah's Book, Glorious Quran, Hadith, how to read the Quran, Imam Nawawi, Islam, Melody in Islam, Muslims, Pleasant voice and Quran, Prophet Muhammad, Quran and eye movement, Quran blog, Reading Quran with melodious voice, Sayings of the Prophet, Silent reading of Quran, Taghanni, Yassarnalquran
2 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Qur'an Quiz 3 with Answers to Quiz 2
- Qur'an Quiz 2 with answers to Quiz 1
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- MuQeet on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- Muhammad Usama Chaudhary on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- Adonis Rahman on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal « YasSarNal QuR'aN on Hijrah: The least discussed topic in Rabi al Awwal!
- MuQeet on Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal November 30, 2016
- Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz November 28, 2016
- Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family? November 25, 2016
- Shariah is for Human Welfare November 21, 2016
- Facts About Safar November 1, 2016
- Peace First. Peace Last. October 17, 2016
- The Muslim and the Hijrah of All Times October 14, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Site infoYasSarNal QuR'aN
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.