Call to Success and Our Response
PS: Download Ramadhaan with Joy
Indeed, there is truth in this inspirational quote by Marva Collins: Success doesn’t come to you, you go to it.
Hard work is very much essential to achieve success.
Allah, man’s Creator and Sustainer, through the medium of a Mu’adh’dhin, issues Islam’s official Call to Success each day, five times:
Hayya alas Salah, Hayya alal Falah.
Hasten towards Prayer. Hasten towards Success.
When you go to Prayer, you go to Success.
When you ignore the Adhaan, you ignore the Call to success.
You delay answering the Call to Success, you delay your success! You dig your own grave!!
Success beckons Muslims fives times a day every day but most of us are too busy to respond to the Call as we are too busy in pursuit of success of a different kind: Successful failures!!
“He has certainly succeeded who purifies himself. And mentions the name of his Lord and prays. But you prefer the worldly life, While the Hereafter is better and more enduring. (Surah al A’la 87: 14-17)
“Competition in [worldly] increase diverts you, Until you visit the graveyards.” (Surah At-Takathur 102: 1-2)
When we happen to miss just one opportunity, we regret for it many times in our life. For ex. Interview call. Who knows attending that interview would have changed the situation. But one chose to refuse to grab the opportunity, so one has no one but to blame oneself!
Dear brothers, we miss a million opportunities if we do not respond to the Prayer Call.
* We miss infinite blessings when we refuse to respond to the Call to Success.
* You miss great rewards for not walking to the Masjid. Every time you refuse to walk the talk, you lose hasanaat. You become a perpetual loser!
You also miss opportunities to seek Light from Allah.
* You are encouraged to say this du’aa, ‘Allahummaftahlee abwaaba rahmatik: O Allah! Open for me, the doors of Your mercy’, every time you enter the Masjid.
But alas! you hardly enter the Masjid!
By not asking Allah to open the doors of His mercy, are you not depriving yourself of Allah’s affectionate care?
You miss umpteen opportunities for sending Salat and Salam on the Messenger of Allah, Sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam.
* When you are not entering the Masjid, there is no question of you coming out saying this du’aa!
We make the accursed Satan happy when we miss occasions to seek refuge in Allah from his evil whispering.
* Allah provided us the golden moments of being close to Him. When you perform Sajdah you get nearest to Him.
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “A slave becomes nearest to his Rubb when he is in prostration. So increase supplications in prostrations.” Riyaadhus Saliheen
As many Sajdahs you missed, so many opportunities you lost!
Do you know that when Abdullah ibn Umm Maktoom, a blind sahabi, radhiyallahu anhu, sought the Prophet’s permission to perform salah at home instead of coming to the Masjid, the Prophet sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam refused to give permission.
A blind man is told to come to the Masjid! He is asked to respond to the Prayer Call!
How many a prayer call you have heard in your life, and to how many you have proved to be deaf!
The following Hadeeth should serve as a motivation, and an agenda for life:
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (Sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam) said:
“Were people to know:
* the blessing of pronouncing Adhaan (Prayer Call) and standing in the first row, they would even draw lots to secure these privileges.
* And were they to realize the reward of performing Salat early, they would race for it;
* and were they to know the merits of Salat after nightfall (‘Isha’) and the dawn (Fajr) Salat,they would come to them even if they had to crawl.” (Read the Arabic Text of Hadeeth No. 1033 here)
Let us always remember that Salah is key to Falah.
May Allah give us the Tawfeeq to respond to the Call to Success in a consistent manner, the call that guarantees success not only in this world but also in the Hereafter. Aameen.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
June 26, 2015 - Posted by MuQeet | Muqeet's (assorted), Reflections | Adhan, Azan, Falah, Five Times Prayer, Importance of Mosque in Islam, Islam, Mosque, Prayer call, Prostrating to Allah, Quran, Quran blog, Sajdah, Salah, Yassarnalquran
1 Comment »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Qur'an Quiz 2 with answers to Quiz 1
- Qur'an Quiz 3 with Answers to Quiz 2
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Muhammad Shariful Islam on The Muslim and the Hijrah of All Times
- MuQeet on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- Muhammad Usama Chaudhary on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- Adonis Rahman on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal « YasSarNal QuR'aN on Hijrah: The least discussed topic in Rabi al Awwal!
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal November 30, 2016
- Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz November 28, 2016
- Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family? November 25, 2016
- Shariah is for Human Welfare November 21, 2016
- Facts About Safar November 1, 2016
- Peace First. Peace Last. October 17, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Site infoYasSarNal QuR'aN
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.