A Sound Heart Makes Life Meaningful
العقل السليم في الجسم السليم ‘A sound mind in a sound body’ is a popular proverb of a bygone era.
The modern version is الجسم السليم في العقل السليم ‘A sound body in a sound mind’.
Both versions insist that the mind and body should be both healthy and sound. The proverb demonstrates the close links between physical exercise, mental equilibrium and the ability to enjoy life.
We know that the glorious Qur’an is unique in all aspects. It clearly and unambiguously declares that a sound mind and sound body are just not enough to live a happy and prosperous life. You need قلب سليم ‘a sound heart’ to make your live meaningful and enjoyable. And ultimately successful!
Heart is an important connecting factor that helps the body and mind to co-ordinate with each other. Without a ‘sound heart’, man’s body and mind, will seem hollow.
In other words, heart is the most vital element for all round development of a human being: physical, mental and spiritual.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, “Beware! There is a piece of flesh in the body. If it becomes good, the whole body becomes good but if it gets spoiled, the whole body gets spoiled, and beware, that is the heart.” This hadeeth is from Sahih al Bukhari
As the eminent scholar (late) Ustadh Khurram Murad says, “The ‘heart’, in Qur’anic vocabulary, is not just a piece of flesh in your body, but it is the centre of all your feelings, emotions, motives, drives, aspirations, remembrance and attention”.
It is the heart which softens or hardens. It is the heart that goes blind. It is the heart that inspires the mind to reason and understand. (For further reading on heart, here)
Allah presents Prophet Ibraheem (Peace be upon him) as an excellent role model because he possessed a sound heart:
وَإِنَّ مِن شيعَتِهِ لَإِبرٰهيمَ
إِذْ جَاءَ رَبَّهُ بِقَلْبٍ سَلِيمٍ
“And indeed, among his (Noah’s) kind was Abraham.
When he came to his Lord with a sound heart” (Surah As-Saaffaat 37: 83, 84)
To conclude, dear brothers and sisters, it is the sound heart that will come to our rescue in the Day of Judgement, not our brain or brawn.
يَومَ لا يَنفَعُ مالٌ وَلا بَنونَ
إِلّا مَن أَتَى اللَّـهَ بِقَلبٍ سَليمٍ
“The Day when there will not benefit [anyone] wealth or children.
But only one who comes to Allah with a sound heart.” (Surah Ash-Shu’ara 26: 88, 89)
May Allah bless us with a sound heart, a heart devoid of hypocrisy. Aameen.
Sal-lal-laahu ‘ala Muhammad, sal-lal-laahu ‘alaihi wa sallam.
Jazakallaahu Khayra for reading this post. Baarakallaahu feekum.
Being heartline with Allah (A must-read, Inshaaallah)
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
March 28, 2015 - Posted by MuQeet | Heart and the Qur'an, Reflections | Abraham, Allah, Hadith, heart, Heart checkup, Heart diseases, Human heart, Islam, Prophet Ibrahim, Prophet Muhammad, Qalb, Quran, Quran blog, Quranic heart, Sahih Bukhari, Sunnah, The heart that thinks, The Quran and the heart, Yassarnalquran
3 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- The Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Welcoming Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Your Feedback on Ramadhaan Page, Please… April 25, 2017
- All About Al Israa Wal Meraaj, the Prophet’s Night Journey April 22, 2017
- Take Time to Appreciate Islam! March 19, 2017
- Library Update March 13, 2017
- The Heart: Fu’aad, Qalb and Sadr March 11, 2017
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)