Man between pleasant wind and stormy wind
Man loves to see, feel and enjoy things that are pleasant. He, by nature, hates things that are unpleasant, scary or gloomy.
You feel delighted when pleasant wind touches you. When you are at a lush green area, surrounded by exquisite fountains and beautiful flowers, you have a different feeling altogether.
As the weather changes, replacing pleasant wind with fiery, strong or stormy wind, your face also changes. Your feelings go topsy-turvy. You become sad.
Qur’an presents both the scenarios and highlights an important nature of man.
“It is He who enables you to travel on land and sea until, when you are in ships and they sail with them by a good wind and they rejoice therein, there comes a storm wind and the waves come upon them from everywhere and they assume that they are surrounded, supplicating Allah, sincere to Him in religion, “If You should save us from this, we will surely be among the thankful.” (Surah Yunus 10: 22)
“But when He saves them, at once they commit injustice upon the earth without right. O mankind, your injustice is only against yourselves, [being merely] the enjoyment of worldly life. Then to Us is your return, and We will inform you of what you used to do.” (Surah Yunus 10: 23)
“And when waves come over them like canopies, they supplicate Allah, sincere to Him in religion. But when He delivers them to the land, there are [some] of them who are moderate [in faith]. And none rejects Our signs except everyone treacherous and ungrateful.” (Surah Luman 31: 32)
“It is Allah who sends the winds, and they stir the clouds and spread them in the sky however He wills, and He makes them fragments so you see the rain emerge from within them. And when He causes it to fall upon whom He wills of His servants, immediately they rejoice.” (Surah Ar-Room 30: 48)
“But if We should send a [bad] wind and they saw [their crops] turned yellow, they would remain thereafter disbelievers.” (Surah Ar-Room 30: 51)
Example 1 brings to light that Allah is the One who has made travel, in land and sea, convenient for man. It also highlights the fact that man is ungrateful to His Lord. When disaster strikes, man calls upon his real Creator begging Him that he be saved from the calamity. But when he is saved by His Lord’s mercy, he turns his back and starts committing injustice. Such a man is being reminded that in the Hereafter he will have to face the consequences of his evil deeds.
Example 2 conveys the message that only those who are ungrateful and treacherous reject the Signs of their Lord.
In the midst of the ocean there was none to come to rescue except Allah. Even an atheist understands his helpless condition when he is put in such danger. He calls upon His Lord even though all along his life he had been denying the existence of God. But when God comes to his rescue, he shows his real colours by going back to his ungrateful and treacherous nature.
Example 3 declares that Allah is the One who sends the winds, stirs the clouds, causes rain, and bestows His bounties upon those such as He wills.
Man, the recipient of Allah’s blessings, do rejoice at the bounties of his Lord. But when the Lord Almighty makes the crops dry and lifeless, man continues to show his ungratefulness by disbelieving in Him and His resources. Such a man should know that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, who alone provides man with all the necessities of life.
It is only natural for man to be grateful to His Lord by believing in Him, be it in prosperity or adversity.
May Allah guide us to perceive the Truth as Truth.
Sal-lal-laahu ‘Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu ‘Alaihi wa Sallam.
Related Readings: Being Thankful to Allah Du’aa during hurricanes and storms
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
No comments yet.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- The Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Welcoming Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Your Feedback on Ramadhaan Page, Please… April 25, 2017
- All About Al Israa Wal Meraaj, the Prophet’s Night Journey April 22, 2017
- Take Time to Appreciate Islam! March 19, 2017
- Library Update March 13, 2017
- The Heart: Fu’aad, Qalb and Sadr March 11, 2017
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)