Qur’an as Light in our Life
A beautiful description I found and wish to share with you all. Read on….Inshaaa’Allah.
Allāh repeatedly describes the great Qur’ān as being a ‘light’, unmistakable, clear in articulation and beautiful in its instructions. He, the Most High says:
“So have faith in Allāh and His Messenger and in the Light We have sent down.” (Al-Qur’ān 64:8)
Light as we know it not only touches the surface of a leaf but seeps beneath it to impact on the inner system of the entire plant by triggering photosynthetic activity. This then nourishes the leaf, invigorates it and fills it with life. A plant will shrivel and harden without water. The tremor caused by water droplets hitting the hard, barren earth stimulates the emergence of lush green vegetation, and fruit, sweet in its essence and beneficial to humanity.
He who brings about such vibrant life from barren earth is the One who gives life to dead, hardened hearts. His words are the Qur’ān, sent down from the heavens, upon fertile hearts that tremble in its reception, coming to life and forth in faith, guided by its shining light. Amazingly, this very similitude of comparing the Qur’ān to fertile lush rain and its impact on dry barren earth is used often in the Qur’ān. In chapter 39 al Zumar, reflect on what Allāh says:
“Do you not see that Allāh sends down water from the sky and threads it through the earth to emerge as springs and then by it brings forth crops of varying colours, which then wither and you see them turning yellow and then He makes them into broken stubble? There is a reminder in that for people of intelligence.”
“Is he whose breast is opened to Islām, and who is therefore illuminated by his Lord…? Woe to those whose hearts are hardened against the remembrance of Allāh! Such people are clearly misguided.”
“Allāh has sent down the Supreme Discourse, a Book consistent in its frequent repetitions. The skins of those who fear their Lord tremble at it and then their skins and hearts yield softly to the remembrance of Allāh. That is Allāh’s guidance by which He guides whoever He wills. And no one can guide those whom Allāh misguides.” (Al-Qur’ān 39:21-23)
‘Tremble’ from ‘Taqsha’iru’ refers to shiver that causes the hairs on the body to stand up, commonly known as ‘Goosebumps.’ Such imagery depicts the receivers of Qur’ân, tranquilly humbled, peacefully tearful and with shivers running down their bodies when they hear it, contemplate over it unreached eloquence and over their inability to match it. It is in specific reference to the leaders of the Ummah, the companions of the Messenger (sal lallāhu ʿalayhi wa sallam) (Tafsīr Qurtubi)
Verses such as these illustrate just how far away the Muslim world has become from the Great Qur’ān. Its purpose is far beyond being simply a Sacred Text that is recalled now and again, quoted in gatherings, brushed scripted on the walls of Masājid or recited at funerals. In fact, it is a guiding light, one that is totally indispensable to our very existence and the beacon to our success in this life and the next. Even according to non-Muslim academics, it “transformed a number of heterogeneous desert tribes of the Arabian peninsula into a nation of heroes,” (G. Maragliouth in his Introduction to J. M. Rodwells – ‘The Koran”, New York – ‘Everyman’s Library, 1977, p VI)
It “attracts, astounds, and in the end enforces our reverence… Its style, in accordance with its contents and aim is stern, grand – ever and always, truly sublime.” (Goethe – quoted in T. P. Huges “Dictionary of Islam”, p. 526)
And to Allāh belongs all praise.
Taken from Islam21C
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
February 7, 2015 - Posted by MuQeet | Al Qur'an - What it is?, Qur'an and Muslims, Qur'an People | Allah, Dictionary of Islam by T P Huges, G Maragliouth, Hadith, J M Rodwells, non-Muslims on Quran, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Quran is guiding light, Qurtubi, Sacred Text, Scripture, The Koran, Yassarnalquran
2 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- Takbeer, Tahleel, Tahmeed and Tasbeeh
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Blog at WordPress.com.