Punctuality, the punctured wheel!
You can’t drive with a punctured wheel. And if you try driving, you will only cause accident.
In the wheel of life, there shouldn’t be any holes. Wasting time or not being punctual is an act of puncturing.
More than anyone, Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam has taught us so much about the importance of time. Islam inculcates punctuality in us.
Pillars of Islam are perfect embodiments of Punctuality.
* Five-Time Prayers inculcate the habit of punctuality in the life of a Muslim. This reminder comes to us on a daily basis.
Now, it is for me and you to reflect: How punctual we are in our daily prayers?
* Going to Jumu’ah prayers well in time, before the khateeb starts delivering the khutbah, teaches us to keep up our weekly appointments.
Do you reach the masjid for Friday Prayer: In time or rush to the masjid holding the prayer mat under your armpit at the last moment?
* One month of training in Ramadhaan helps us to develop time-consciousness in all other months of the year.
* That you pay your Zakah at the end of each year inculcates accountability and revives in you the essence of punctuality, that you must do your duty in time.
* Hajj always keeps in you the flame of hope burning bright that you to have fulfill your obligation and go through the feeling of living that once-in-a-life-time experience!
Dear brothers and sisters, through the Pillars of Islam, Allah wants to prepare us to get punctual in our daily activities. If you are not punctual, you cause a visible crack to appear in your pillar! And ultimately in your building!
Keeping your promises is the hallmark of your punctuality. It reflects your attitude and personality.
You break your promise when you arrive late to a meeting. You rob people’s time by making them wait for you. You exhibit your arrogance by going late. You lose respect by not turning up in time.
Fulfilling promises is enjoined upon Muslims. Allah also commands us to fulfill our commitments.
Some people make promises and sign contracts without the intention of not fulfilling them. This is nothing but a sheer lie and an act of hypocrisy.
Some try to play tricks under the pretext of ‘Inshaa’Allah’. At the time of committing itself, they make up their minds not to fulfill that, and because they made up their mind, they do not even try to keep up their word, and smartly end up saying ‘See, Allah didn’t will, that’s why it didn’t happen’!
Such ‘smart’ Muslims forget that their cheating also happens with the Will of Allah, and that Allah knows the secrets of one’s heart. You can fool your client, not Allah!
Abu Hurayrah (radhiyallahu anhu) reports that Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
“There are three signs of a hypocrite: When he speaks, he lies; when he makes a promise, he breaks it; and when he is trusted, he betrays his trust.” Riyadhus Saliheen
Don’t underestimate anyone. Keep your commitments with whomever you make: your spouse, children, student, boss, teacher, colleague, friend, neighbour, servant or client.
And believe me, the easiest way to develop punctuality in life is to get punctual in our daily prayers. The one who is not punctual in his or her prayers is foolishly on a wheel that is punctured!
May Allah help us to develop the etiquette of punctuality in us. Aameen.
May we become of those who fulfill their promises and thus get worthy of reward. Aameen.
Sal-lal-laahu ‘Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu ‘Alaihi wa Sallam.
Jazakallaahu Khayra for reading this post.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
November 6, 2014 - Posted by MuQeet | Personality Development, Reflections | Allah, Attitude, Commitment, contract, fulfilling vows, Hadith, Hypocrisy, Islam, Munafiq, Muslims, Nifaq, personality development, Prayers, Promise, Prophet Muhammad, Punctuality, Regularity, Time consciousness, Time management
No comments yet.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Qur'an Quiz 2 with answers to Quiz 1
- Qur'an Quiz 3 with Answers to Quiz 2
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Muhammad Shariful Islam on The Muslim and the Hijrah of All Times
- MuQeet on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- Muhammad Usama Chaudhary on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- Adonis Rahman on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal « YasSarNal QuR'aN on Hijrah: The least discussed topic in Rabi al Awwal!
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal November 30, 2016
- Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz November 28, 2016
- Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family? November 25, 2016
- Shariah is for Human Welfare November 21, 2016
- Facts About Safar November 1, 2016
- Peace First. Peace Last. October 17, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Site infoYasSarNal QuR'aN
Blog at WordPress.com.