If you ignore this Warning, you will be among the Liars!!
From E-mails to Facebook to WhatsApp. The craze continues.
Somebody sends a message to someone. He reads it. Whether he understands the message or not, he simply forwards it to you. You get the message. At times you read it and at times you don’t get time to read. Still you forward it to others. And the cycle continues….
Reason? If you forward the message, you will get so many good deeds – hasanaat!
What a discovery!!
The hadeeth I am going to present today should serve as a Warning from the Messenger of Allah to this 21st century man. And woman!
Abu Hurayrah (radhiyallaahu anhu) narrates that the Messenger of Allah said:
كفى بالمرء كذبا أن يحدث بكل ما سمع
“It is enough of a lie for a man to narrate everything he hears”.
In another hadeeth, the Messenger of Allah is reported to have said:
كَفَى بِالْمَرْءِ إِثْمًا أَنْ يُحَدِّثَ بِكُلِّ مَا سَمِعَ
“It is enough of a sin for a man that he narrates whatever he hears”. (Check this link)
A Muslim must always crave for hasanaat, good deeds. Sharing an authentic hadeeth or a Qur’anic ayah is indeed an excellent deed. No doubt about it.
One must, however, be careful in forwarding the so-called Islamic messages to others because some messages could be baseless, and sometimes the content so idiotic, yet some brothers and sisters pass it on to others. Without applying one’s mind. Without verifying the authenticity!
The above ahadeeth must motivate us to stop indulging in such mindless ventures!
Shaytaan is smarter than this smart-phone user. He intelligently gets this tagline added somewhere somehow: If you ignore this message, something bad will happen to you. Act fast, don’t stop this chain. The message should reach 5 million people……And you know the rest of the story!
Dear brothers and sisters, next time you receive such messages from your friends or whoever, please check it before you forward it. You will save and protect yourself from sin and falsehood.
Well, I am not talking about world’s mega liars who broadcast lies, cook up stories and telecast falsehood, especially about Islam and Muslims, because they have the power and control over the media!
“O you who have believe, if there comes to you a disobedient one with information, investigate, lest you harm a people out of ignorance and become, over what you have done, regretful.“ (Surah al Hujuraat 49: 6)
May Allah guide and motivate us to think properly, and act rightly. Aameen.
Jazakallahu Khayra for reading this post.
Sal-lal-laahu ‘Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu ‘Alaihi wa Sallam.
Related post: Me, Myself, My Phone, and to hell with you!
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
October 27, 2014 - Posted by MuQeet | Reflections | Abu Hurayrah, Chapter 49, Forwarding messages, Hadith, Islam, Lying, mobile, Muslims, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Seerah, Smart Phones, Sunnah, Surah al Hujurat, Truth and falsehood, Verifying news
12 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Welcoming Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Your Feedback on Ramadhaan Page, Please… April 25, 2017
- All About Al Israa Wal Meraaj, the Prophet’s Night Journey April 22, 2017
- Take Time to Appreciate Islam! March 19, 2017
- Library Update March 13, 2017
- The Heart: Fu’aad, Qalb and Sadr March 11, 2017
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)