When a sunnah is replaced by a bid’ah, isn’t it a terrible loss?
The Adhkaarأذكار or supplications after Tasleem is from the established Sunnah of Rasoolullaah sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam.
Tasleem, by the way, is to end the Salah by saying Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah, Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah.
If you are an Imaam (the one who leads prayers) you need to take time not only for yourself but also facilitate things to those who are being led by you in the congregational Salah.
When I had been to my hometown recently during vacations, I really had tough time talking to some of the Imaams who lead five time prayers.
The problem is the collective du’aa offered immediately after ending every obligatory salah. These Imaams in most of the masajids (mostly in Indo-Pak subcontinent) play a damaging part in that they don’t give time to the people being led to say the adhkaar ba’ad-as-Salah, that is, the supplications after obligatory prayers.
They start saying the du’aa in loud voice and the people behind these Imaams say “Aameen, Aameen” (And, in most cases, the pity is: Neither of them understand what is being asked for!)
When you tell these Imaams that offering such a collective du’aa at the end of each salah is bid’ah, and that saying Adhkaar is sunnah, they get angry and retort by saying: “I know better than you”. ” This is happening since many years here in this masjid”.
When you tell them that okay, please delay the du’aa, first give some time for yourself and the people to say the Adhkaar, they still argue and are not prepared even to listen to your explanation and the references you give from ahadeeth.
These Imaams are not willing to accept their mistakes. They don’t make the right judgement nor are prepared to mend themselves. They fear the so-called Masjid Managing Committee members lest they be fired from their post!
Actually, the duty of an Imaam ends with Tasleem. After Tasleem, the Imaam as well as the followers (the Musal’leen) can make du’aa, do dhikr, offer sunnah or nafl prayers…….people have freedom. This is what we do in the masajids here in the UAE and Saudi Arabia.
These Adhkaar/supplications are mentioned in the authentic traditions and it was the practice of our Prophet sal-lal-laahu alaihi-wa-sallam, his companions and the generations who followed them. We need to take care of the Sunnah, and bury the bid’ah and try to understand the value and difference between both.
May Allah save us from innovations. May we understand the true spirit of Islam and lead a life of devotion in the light of the guidance provided by the glorious Prophet, Muhammad sal-lal-laahu ‘Alaihi wa Sallam. Aameen.
Jazakallaahu Khayra for reading this post.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
September 12, 2014 - Posted by MuQeet | Muqeet's (assorted) | Adkhaar, Allah, Bidah, Dua, Five Times Prayers, Islam, Masjid, Mosque, Muslims, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Quran blog, Salah, Spiritual, Sunnah, supplications, Supplications after obligatory salah, what to say after salah, Yassarnalquan, Zikr
7 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Qur'an Quiz 2 with answers to Quiz 1
- Qur'an Quiz 3 with Answers to Quiz 2
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Muhammad Shariful Islam on The Muslim and the Hijrah of All Times
- MuQeet on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- Muhammad Usama Chaudhary on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- Adonis Rahman on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal « YasSarNal QuR'aN on Hijrah: The least discussed topic in Rabi al Awwal!
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal November 30, 2016
- Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz November 28, 2016
- Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family? November 25, 2016
- Shariah is for Human Welfare November 21, 2016
- Facts About Safar November 1, 2016
- Peace First. Peace Last. October 17, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Site infoYasSarNal QuR'aN
Blog at WordPress.com.