Ramadhaan: The Month of Jihad
We come across many Islamic scholars and websites discussing about Ramadhaan as the month of forgiveness, of tawbah, of Qur’an, of generosity, of patience etc. Seldom do we find people discussing Ramadhaan as the month of Jihad.
If you read the biography of Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-lahu-alaihi-wa-sallam, you will come to know very well that Ramadhaan has been the month of striving against evil. The Prophet sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam never found any excuse of Ramadhaan being the month of fasting and spiritual upliftment and thus delaying or postponing his mission of striving against evil.
Islam’s first battle, the Battle of Badr, took place in this month. The return from the Tabook expedition happened in this month. The boycott of the three who missed Tabook started in Ramadhaan. The Fateh Makkah, the conquest of Makkah, happened in this month. The breaking of the three idols (laat, manaat, uzza) took place in Ramadhaan. In later history, the triumph of Salahuddin al Ayyubi against the crusades also took place in Ramadhaan.
I wonder had Fateh Makkah taken place in other than the month of Ramadhaan, we would have found Muslims the world over discussing about this event and some would have even issued fatwas whether to celebrate the great victory or not. Since this happened in Ramadhaan, we don’t give prominence to this bloodless coup the world has ever seen! The spiritual atmosphere of Ramadhaan has overshadowed things and we don’t find time or reason to discuss and commemorate the great event of Fateh Makkah.
Ramadhaan comes to make a Muslim active, not lethargic. That you eat suhoor and sleep the whole day! No! You eat suhoor so that it gives energy to fight against evil temptations. Ramadhaan, dear brothers and sisters, calls for exerting your best against sin and evil. Against oppression.
Let us follow in the footsteps of our glorious Prophet, Sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam in taking the month as the month of struggle and striving. (Refer this link to know or remind yourself about Six Types of Jihad)
Jazakallaahu Khayra for reading this post.
Sal-lal-laahu ‘Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu ‘Alaihi wa Sallam.
NOTE: PLEASE ignore the advertisements if you are seeing them below. They are auto generated and I do not have control over them nor do I have purchased the facility to remove them. Thank you for understanding.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
July 3, 2014 - Posted by MuQeet | Islamic Months: RAMADHAN | Allah, Battle of Badr, Conquest of Makkah, Fath Makkah, Islam, Jihad, Prophet Muhammad, Quran blog, Quran site, Ramadan, Seerah, Sunnah, Yassarnalquran
2 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men!
- YasSarNal QuR'aN: We have made the Qur'an easy!
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Aisha on Education and Three Types of Nafs
- MuQeet on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Cassim on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- sami on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- MuQeet on “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”.
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day « YasSarNalQuR'aN on “If you have no shame, do whatever you like”!
- MuQeet on Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Blog at WordPress.com.