The Qur’an of Fajr: In the stillness and serenity before dawn
Early Hours before dawn is the most productive time by all means. Our glorious Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam, his noble companions and the pious predecessors of the Muslim Ummah used to value this time by indulging in great acts of worshiping one’s Creator.
Allah mentions in the Qur’an that His righteous servants do give up sleep by arising from their beds to make du’aa, offer Qiyamul layl (Night Prayer) and seek forgiveness for their sins, one’s omissions and commissions.
“They arise from [their] beds; they supplicate their Lord in fear and aspiration, and from what We have provided them, they spend. And no soul knows what has been hidden for them of comfort for eyes as reward for what they used to do.” (Surah As-Sajdah: 32: 16, 17)
“The patient, the true, the obedient, those who spend [in the way of Allah], and those who seek forgiveness before dawn” (Surah Aal Imran 3: 17)
“And in the hours before dawn they would ask forgiveness”(Surah Adh-Dhaariyaat 51: 18)
The greatest advantage for the one who gets up in the early hours is that he or she will never miss Salatul Fajr, the pre-dawn prayer.
Allah Subhanahu wa Ta’aala emphasizes the importance of reciting Qur’an at Fajr time in the following ayah:
“Establish prayer at the decline of the sun [from its meridian] until the darkness of the night and [also] the Qur’an of dawn. Indeed, the recitation of dawn is ever witnessed”. (Surah al Isra 17: 78)
The command to recite the Qur’an before dawn becomes significant as the recitation is ever witnessed by the noble Angels of Allah, who go back to Him and speak in high terms about the noble reciters of the Qur’an before dawn.
According to Tafsir Ibn Kathir, the phrase “Qur’an Al-Fajr” means the Salatul Fajr.
The Tafsir further states:
“According to the version recorded in the two sahihs from Abu Hurayrah, the Prophet sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam said: “The angels of the night and the angels of the day come amongst you in successive groups (in shifts). They meet at the morning prayer (Fajr) and at the mid-afternoon prayer (‘Asr). Those who stayed among you at ascend, and their Lord asks them, although He knows best about you, “How did you leave my servants” They say, “We came to them when they were praying and we left them when they were praying.”
Now the question is: How many of us do value the early hours before dawn? Do we ever get up to offer Salatul Fajr? Do we read Qur’an at Fajr time?
or when the Mu’ezzin says ‘As-Salaatu Khairum Min-nan Naum’ ‘Prayer is better than sleep’, do we snore and disprove him by meaning the other way: Sleep is better than prayer!!
May Allah give us the Tawfeeq and Hidayah to be conscious of our duties as a Muslim and do the ibadah in the best manner possible. Aameen.
Sal-lal-laahu-‘Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu Alaihi Wa Sallam.
Related reading: Why You Need Al Fajr and How to Make it a Habit
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
March 11, 2014 - Posted by MuQeet | Muqeet's (assorted), Quran of Fajr | Allah, Daily Prayers, Dawn, Early Hours, Forgiveness, Islam, Istighfaar, Muslims, Night prayer, Qiyamul Layl, Quran, Reading Quran, Salah, Scripture, Tahajjud, Tawbah, Yassarnalquran
1 Comment »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- A Word about CHM files: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
Say ما شآء الله and الحمد لله
هذا من فضل ربّ This Blog is From the Blessings of My / our Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- As the ISLAMIC NEW YEAR is Round the Corner
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- MuQeet on Nouman Ali Khan’s Tafseer Collection
- Nouman Ali Khan’s Tafseer Collection « YasSarNal QuR'aN on One Juz A Day with Nouman Ali Khan
- As the ISLAMIC NEW YEAR is Round the Corner « YasSarNal QuR'aN on On the occasion of Islamic New Year….
- Alang on Nouman Ali Khan’s Tafseer Collection
- Alang on Nouman Ali Khan’s Tafseer Collection
- Library Update: THE HISTORY OF AL TABARI « YasSarNal QuR'aN on Library
- Sumayya on Celebrating Eid the Islamic Way!
- Celebrating Eid the Islamic Way! « YasSarNal QuR'aN on ‘His cheek was on my cheek’
- Celebrating Eid the Islamic Way! « YasSarNal QuR'aN on These are the Days of Eating, Drinking and Remembering Allah
- Haya on Eid al Adhaa Mubaarak :)
- MuQeet on Eid al Adhaa Mubaarak :)
- As the ISLAMIC NEW YEAR is Round the Corner September 27, 2016
- Library Update: THE HISTORY OF AL TABARI September 17, 2016
- Celebrating Eid the Islamic Way! September 13, 2016
- Eid al Adhaa Mubaarak :) September 11, 2016
- The Duaa of Arafah is the Essence of Islam September 10, 2016
- Arafah: What a Great Day This is! Subhanallaah! September 9, 2016
- The Timeless Message of Hajj September 8, 2016
Search in this Blog
TagsAllah Arafah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Site infoYasSarNal QuR'aN
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.