Of Varying Rivers and Unlimited Delight
How delightful Jannah is going to be for the deserving inmates, no genius worth his salt, can imagine! It can only be described by its Creator!
One sample of such a description is given in Surah Muhammad, Chapter 47 of the glorious Qur’an.
And, Subhanallaah, this one description is enough to motivate people to yearn for it.
“Is the description of Paradise, which the righteous are promised, wherein are rivers of water unaltered, rivers of milk the taste of which never changes, rivers of wine delicious to those who drink, and rivers of purified honey, in which they will have from all [kinds of] fruits and forgiveness from their Lord, like [that of] those who abide eternally in the Fire and are given to drink scalding water that will sever their intestines?” (Surah Muhammad 47: 15)
What an attention-grabbing description of Jannah, Subhanallaah!
Four different types of rivers running in Paradise is mentioned in this ayah:
1. أَنْهَارٌ مِّن مَّاءٍ غَيْرِ آسِنٍ – Rivers of unchanging water:
About the water, it means the water of this river will never change, be it in smell, colour or taste.
2. وَأَنْهَارٌ مِّن لَّبَنٍ لَّمْ يَتَغَيَّرْ طَعْمُهُ – Rivers of Milk, the taste of which never changes:
About the milk, it means that the milk of this river is of utmost whiteness, sweetness, and richness.
It has been mentioned in a Hadeeth: “Their milk did not come out of the udders of cattle.”
3. وَأَنْهَارٌ مِّنْ خَمْرٍ لَّذَّةٍ لِّلشَّارِبِينَ – Rivers of Wine Delicious to those who drink:
About the wine, it means that the wine of this river does not have a bad taste or foul smell like that of the wine of the world. Rather, it is good in its appearance, taste, smell, and effect. Only then it can be delicious.
“From which (the wine) they will have no headache, nor will they be intoxicated.” (Surah al Waaqi’ah 56: 19)
It has been mentioned in a Hadeeth: “Their wine was not pressed under men’s feet.”
4. وَأَنْهَارٌ مِّنْ عَسَلٍ مُّصَفًّى – Rivers of Purified Honey:
About the honey, it means that the honey of this river is of utmost purity and pleasant color, taste, and smell.
It has been mentioned in a Hadeeth: “Their honey did not come out of the bellies of bees.”
According to another hadeeth, the Messenger of Allah sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam said:
“Verily, there is in Paradise a lake of milk, a lake of water, a lake of honey, and a lake of wine. The rivers then gush out of them.”
The Prophet sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam has advised us thus:
“When you ask Allah, ask Him for Al-Firdaws, because it is the central and highest part of Paradise, and from it gush the rivers of the Paradise and above it is the Throne of the Most Merciful”.
Dear brothers and sisters, it goes without saying that in order to enjoy the unlimited delight and never-ending bliss of the Gardens of Paradise, every human being needs to strive hard and work for it. Otherwise one’s yearning will just remain a taman’na, a wishful thinking!
“The last of it is musk. So for this let the competitors compete.” (Surah al Mutaf’fifeen 83: 26)
May Allah accept our ibadah, forgive our sins, save us from Hellfire and grant us the highest place in Jannah. Aameen.
Sal-lal-laahu ‘Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu ‘Alaihi Wa Sallam.
Jazakallaahu Khayra for reading this post.
Note: I took references from Tafseer Ibn Kathir, and if you need to know more, go to this link but please be careful about the Arabic Text because it is full of mistakes!
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
January 15, 2014 - Posted by MuQeet | Reflections | Allah, Effort, Hadith, Islam, Muslims, Nahr, Paradise, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Quran blog, reflections, Religion, Reward, Rivers, Thawab, Way of Life, Yassarnalquran
12 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
If new to this blog, click on the image ↑ and scroll ↓ to find immense Qur'anic and Hadeeth resources. U need to come back again & again :) to be blessed with the barakah of these resources, InshaaAllah.
اللهم اجعل القرآن ربيع قلوبنا
O Allah! Make the Qur'an the Spring of our Hearts.
- A Word about CHM files: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
ما شآء الله / الحمد لله
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
Hearty W e l c o m e :)
May Peace, Mercy & Blessings of Allah be upon YOU.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of My Lord.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Answers to Ramadhaan Quiz
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Maha Khan on Some Common Mistakes in Ramadhaan
- Rasheda ahmed on Some Common Mistakes in Ramadhaan
- AT-TAYYIB: The Pure One – Reaching Out on Tayyib Vs khabīth in the Qur’an
- Imran Ali on Some Common Mistakes in Ramadhaan
- MuQeet on A Letter to all Muslim Brothers…about Sisters!
- Umm Mustafa on A Letter to all Muslim Brothers…about Sisters!
- Yasmin Elahi on Ramadhaan Quiz
- MuQeet on Ramadhaan Quiz
- MuQeet on Ramadhaan Quiz
- skd on Ramadhaan Quiz
- Yasmin Elahi on Ramadhaan Quiz
- One Juz A Day with Nouman Ali Khan May 28, 2016
- Answers to Ramadhaan Quiz May 26, 2016
- Some Common Mistakes in Ramadhaan May 24, 2016
- A Letter to all Muslim Brothers…about Sisters! May 23, 2016
- Ramadhaan Quiz May 20, 2016
- Making the Most of Ramadhaan May 15, 2016
- The Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan May 11, 2016
Search in this Blog
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Friday sermon Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Jummah Jumuah Makkah Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)