Of Varying Rivers and Unlimited Delight
How delightful Jannah is going to be for the deserving inmates, no genius worth his salt, can imagine! It can only be described by its Creator!
One sample of such a description is given in Surah Muhammad, Chapter 47 of the glorious Qur’an.
And, Subhanallaah, this one description is enough to motivate people to yearn for it.
“Is the description of Paradise, which the righteous are promised, wherein are rivers of water unaltered, rivers of milk the taste of which never changes, rivers of wine delicious to those who drink, and rivers of purified honey, in which they will have from all [kinds of] fruits and forgiveness from their Lord, like [that of] those who abide eternally in the Fire and are given to drink scalding water that will sever their intestines?” (Surah Muhammad 47: 15)
What an attention-grabbing description of Jannah, Subhanallaah!
Four different types of rivers running in Paradise is mentioned in this ayah:
1. أَنْهَارٌ مِّن مَّاءٍ غَيْرِ آسِنٍ – Rivers of unchanging water:
About the water, it means the water of this river will never change, be it in smell, colour or taste.
2. وَأَنْهَارٌ مِّن لَّبَنٍ لَّمْ يَتَغَيَّرْ طَعْمُهُ – Rivers of Milk, the taste of which never changes:
About the milk, it means that the milk of this river is of utmost whiteness, sweetness, and richness.
It has been mentioned in a Hadeeth: “Their milk did not come out of the udders of cattle.”
3. وَأَنْهَارٌ مِّنْ خَمْرٍ لَّذَّةٍ لِّلشَّارِبِينَ – Rivers of Wine Delicious to those who drink:
About the wine, it means that the wine of this river does not have a bad taste or foul smell like that of the wine of the world. Rather, it is good in its appearance, taste, smell, and effect. Only then it can be delicious.
“From which (the wine) they will have no headache, nor will they be intoxicated.” (Surah al Waaqi’ah 56: 19)
It has been mentioned in a Hadeeth: “Their wine was not pressed under men’s feet.”
4. وَأَنْهَارٌ مِّنْ عَسَلٍ مُّصَفًّى – Rivers of Purified Honey:
About the honey, it means that the honey of this river is of utmost purity and pleasant color, taste, and smell.
It has been mentioned in a Hadeeth: “Their honey did not come out of the bellies of bees.”
According to another hadeeth, the Messenger of Allah sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam said:
“Verily, there is in Paradise a lake of milk, a lake of water, a lake of honey, and a lake of wine. The rivers then gush out of them.”
The Prophet sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam has advised us thus:
“When you ask Allah, ask Him for Al-Firdaws, because it is the central and highest part of Paradise, and from it gush the rivers of the Paradise and above it is the Throne of the Most Merciful”.
Dear brothers and sisters, it goes without saying that in order to enjoy the unlimited delight and never-ending bliss of the Gardens of Paradise, every human being needs to strive hard and work for it. Otherwise one’s yearning will just remain a taman’na, a wishful thinking!
“The last of it is musk. So for this let the competitors compete.” (Surah al Mutaf’fifeen 83: 26)
May Allah accept our ibadah, forgive our sins, save us from Hellfire and grant us the highest place in Jannah. Aameen.
Sal-lal-laahu ‘Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu ‘Alaihi Wa Sallam.
Jazakallaahu Khayra for reading this post.
Note: I took references from Tafseer Ibn Kathir, and if you need to know more, go to this link but please be careful about the Arabic Text because it is full of mistakes!
Why Not Share & Spread Qur'an's Barakah? May Allah Bless You.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
January 15, 2014 - Posted by MuQeet | Reflections | Allah, Effort, Hadith, Islam, Muslims, Nahr, Paradise, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Quran blog, reflections, Religion, Reward, Rivers, Thawab, Way of Life, Yassarnalquran
12 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- You'll find immense Qur'anic and Hadith resources under different headings as you can see below. Please have patience to scroll down, Inshaaallah.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
ما شآء الله
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
A hearty W e l c o m e :)
May Peace, Mercy & Blessings of Allah be upon YOU.
Keep visiting, Stay Blessed, Inshaaallah.
Postings الحمد لله
They Call it TOP POSTS!
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Muharram: Do's and Don'ts
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
A word about “chm files”There are many links given here and there to download files. If it is a chm file, after download, please save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
What Caring Readers Say..
Al Qur’an Add-Ins
Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word. You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah. See below ↓
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
- Surah al Kahf: A Weekly Reminder to Hang On with the Community October 1, 2015
- A Presentation for All September 29, 2015
- The correlation between Ihram and Kafan September 25, 2015
- Eid al Adhaa, Sacrifice, Takbeer, Days of Tashreeq….. September 23, 2015
- Things to Do on the Day of Arafah September 22, 2015
- Friday Khutbah in UAE: Virtues of the Ten Days of Dhul Hijjah September 17, 2015
- Tarbiyah Programme in Dhul Hijjah September 12, 2015
TagsAllah Arafah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Friday Friday sermon Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Jummah Jumuah Makkah Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Search in this Blog
Thank You :)