Seeking Light, Spreading Luminosity
The glorious Qur’an directs every human being to seek Light from the Source of Light as Almighty Allah alone can bring out a person from darknesses to Light. So man must understand that he to whom his Creator grants not light, for him there is no light!
Through the “Light Verse” of the Qur’an we understand the importance and significance of Light and Knowledge.
True believers in Islam are those who follow the Light that was sent down with Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam.
As a result of seeking and following Light in this world, the true believers will enjoy the singular privilege of spreading luminosity in their front and on their right on the Day of Judgement when disbelievers and hypocrites will be desperate to find light.
Emphasizing the need to seek light, Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam – the Role Model Par Excellence – has taught us some amazingly beautiful du’aas, the Du’aas of Noor, two of which are as follows: (See pdf link below & download the colour-coded du’aas, Inshaa’Allah)
1. Du’aa at the time of Going to the Masjid:
“O Allah, place light in my heart, and on my tongue light, and in my ears light and in my sight light, and above me light, and below me light, and to my right light, and to my left light, and before me light and behind me light. Place in my soul light. Magnify for me light, and amplify for me light. Make for me light, and make me light. O Allaah, grant me light, and place light in my nerves, and in my body light and in my blood light and in my hair light and in my skin light. (Al-Bukhari 11/116, Hadith no. 6316, and by Muslim 1/526, 529-530, Hadith no. 763)
“O Allah, make for me a light in my grave, and a light in my bones.” (At-Tirmidhi 5/483, Hadith no. 3419)
“Increase me in light, increase me in light, increase me in light.” (Bukhari in Al-’Adaab Al-Mufrad, Hadith no. 695, p. 258. See also Al-Albaani, Sahih Al-’Adab Al-Mufrad, no. 536)
“Grant me light upon light”. (Bukhari, Al-Asqalaani, Fathul-Baari 11/118)
2. Du’aa during Sajdah (prostration) especially while performing Night Prayers:
“O Allah! Place light in my heart, and light in my tongue, and place light in my hearing; and place light in my seeing; and place light from below me; and place light from above me, and light on my right, and light on my left; and place light ahead of me; and place light behind me, and place light in my self, and make the light greater for me.” (Muslim, Abu `Awaanah and Ibn Abee Shaybah, 12/106/2, 112/1)
Before concluding, I would like to add that on the Day of Judgement, the believers will be able to pass through the Path (the Seerat) according to their deeds. And when the hypocrites reach the Seerat, their light will be extinguished. When the believers see this, they will be concerned that their light also will be extinguished, just as the light of the hypocrites got extinguished. At this point, the believers will invoke Allah saying:
“Our Lord, perfect for us our light and forgive us. Indeed, You are over all things competent”. (Surah At-Tahreem 66:8)
PLEASE NOTE that the colour-coded Arabic Text of the above two du’aas along with their transliteration and translation is given here in this pdf file.
May Allah forgive our sins, accept our deeds, shower His grace upon us and grant us the highest place in Jannah. Aameen.
Sal-lal-laahu ‘Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu ‘Alaihi Wa Sallam.
Jazakallaahu Khayra for reading this post.
Please remember me and my family in your du’aas. Thank you so much.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
January 12, 2014 - Posted by MuQeet | Du'aas - Prophetic | Allah, Bukhari, Dua, Dua while going to masjid, Hadith, Islam, Light, Mosque, Muslims, Noor, Prayer, Quran, Quran blog, Religion, Sajdah dua, Salah, supplications, Yassarnalquran
4 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
If new to this blog, click on the image ↑ and scroll ↓ to find immense Qur'anic and Hadeeth resources. U need to come back again & again :) to be blessed with the barakah of these resources, InshaaAllah.
اللهم اجعل القرآن ربيع قلوبنا
O Allah! Make the Qur'an the Spring of our Hearts.
- A Word about CHM files: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
ما شآء الله / الحمد لله
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
Hearty W e l c o m e :)
May Peace, Mercy & Blessings of Allah be upon YOU.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of My Lord.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- 3 Graciously Beautiful Gifts of Me'raaj
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- MuQeet on Library
- shahid on Library
- Facts About Israa and Me’raaj | Saluting Prophet Muhammad صلّى الله عليه وسلّم on Ruling on celebrating the Night of Israa and Mi`raaj
- Facts about Israa wal Me’raaj | |-| Islamic Studies |-| on Ruling on celebrating the Night of Israa and Mi`raaj
- MuQeet on 3 Graciously Beautiful Gifts of Me’raaj
- MuQeet on Library Update
- banglabayyinah on Library Update
- سلام یا محمد ﷺ on 3 Graciously Beautiful Gifts of Me’raaj
- Our Salah is Full and Full Meaningful! | deenoverduniyaa on Our Salah is Full and Full Meaningful!
- 3 Graciously Beautiful Gifts of Me’raaj « YasSarNal QuR'aN on Call to Success and Our Response
- 3 Graciously Beautiful Gifts of Me’raaj « YasSarNal QuR'aN on Dignity Vs Disgrace
- 3 Graciously Beautiful Gifts of Me’raaj April 30, 2016
- An Open Letter To my dear Jumu’ah Muslim April 22, 2016
- Qur’an Quiz on Prophets and Messengers April 17, 2016
- Allaah – A Name That Heals April 13, 2016
- The Truth About Hateem April 11, 2016
- The Month of Rajab April 7, 2016
- O Mankind…! April 4, 2016
Search in this Blog
TagsAllah Arafah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Friday Friday sermon Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Jummah Jumuah Makkah Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)