Seeking Light, Spreading Luminosity
The glorious Qur’an directs every human being to seek Light from the Source of Light as Almighty Allah alone can bring out a person from darknesses to Light. So man must understand that he to whom his Creator grants not light, for him there is no light!
Through the “Light Verse” of the Qur’an we understand the importance and significance of Light and Knowledge.
True believers in Islam are those who follow the Light that was sent down with Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam.
As a result of seeking and following Light in this world, the true believers will enjoy the singular privilege of spreading luminosity in their front and on their right on the Day of Judgement when disbelievers and hypocrites will be desperate to find light.
Emphasizing the need to seek light, Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam – the Role Model Par Excellence – has taught us some amazingly beautiful du’aas, the Du’aas of Noor, two of which are as follows: (See pdf link below & download the colour-coded du’aas, Inshaa’Allah)
1. Du’aa at the time of Going to the Masjid:
“O Allah, place light in my heart, and on my tongue light, and in my ears light and in my sight light, and above me light, and below me light, and to my right light, and to my left light, and before me light and behind me light. Place in my soul light. Magnify for me light, and amplify for me light. Make for me light, and make me light. O Allaah, grant me light, and place light in my nerves, and in my body light and in my blood light and in my hair light and in my skin light. (Al-Bukhari 11/116, Hadith no. 6316, and by Muslim 1/526, 529-530, Hadith no. 763)
“O Allah, make for me a light in my grave, and a light in my bones.” (At-Tirmidhi 5/483, Hadith no. 3419)
“Increase me in light, increase me in light, increase me in light.” (Bukhari in Al-’Adaab Al-Mufrad, Hadith no. 695, p. 258. See also Al-Albaani, Sahih Al-’Adab Al-Mufrad, no. 536)
“Grant me light upon light”. (Bukhari, Al-Asqalaani, Fathul-Baari 11/118)
2. Du’aa during Sajdah (prostration) especially while performing Night Prayers:
“O Allah! Place light in my heart, and light in my tongue, and place light in my hearing; and place light in my seeing; and place light from below me; and place light from above me, and light on my right, and light on my left; and place light ahead of me; and place light behind me, and place light in my self, and make the light greater for me.” (Muslim, Abu `Awaanah and Ibn Abee Shaybah, 12/106/2, 112/1)
Before concluding, I would like to add that on the Day of Judgement, the believers will be able to pass through the Path (the Seerat) according to their deeds. And when the hypocrites reach the Seerat, their light will be extinguished. When the believers see this, they will be concerned that their light also will be extinguished, just as the light of the hypocrites got extinguished. At this point, the believers will invoke Allah saying:
“Our Lord, perfect for us our light and forgive us. Indeed, You are over all things competent”. (Surah At-Tahreem 66:8)
PLEASE NOTE that the colour-coded Arabic Text of the above two du’aas along with their transliteration and translation is given here in this pdf file.
May Allah forgive our sins, accept our deeds, shower His grace upon us and grant us the highest place in Jannah. Aameen.
Sal-lal-laahu ‘Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu ‘Alaihi Wa Sallam.
Jazakallaahu Khayra for reading this post.
Please remember me and my family in your du’aas. Thank you so much.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
January 12, 2014 - Posted by MuQeet | Du'aas - Prophetic | Allah, Bukhari, Dua, Dua while going to masjid, Hadith, Islam, Light, Mosque, Muslims, Noor, Prayer, Quran, Quran blog, Religion, Sajdah dua, Salah, supplications, Yassarnalquran
4 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- A Word about CHM files: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
Say ما شآء الله and الحمد لله
هذا من فضل ربّ This Blog is From the Blessings of My / our Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
- Download At-Tirmidhi FULL SET :)
- Haza Min Fadhli Rabbee
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Muhammed ameena on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- mohammed on How Ramadhaan fasts + 6 Shawwal fasts make fasting every day?
- USMAN MOHAMED IBRAHIM on Eid Mubaarak with Eid Package :)
- MuQeet on Eid Mubaarak with Eid Package :)
- Sayed Shafia Alam on Eid Mubaarak with Eid Package :)
- Sadia on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- Haya on Eid Mubaarak with Eid Package :)
- Dr MOHD SHAHID on Library
- A beautiful hadeeth on Qiyamul Layl – Caeruleis Oceanus on A beautiful hadeeth on Qiyamul Layl
- MuQeet on Library
- Dr MOHD SHAHID on Library
- How Ramadhaan fasts + 6 Shawwal fasts make fasting every day? July 8, 2016
- Eid Greetings You Can Use :) July 7, 2016
- Eid Mubaarak with Eid Package :) July 3, 2016
- Ehtesaab in the Nights of Laylatul Qadr July 1, 2016
- The Du’aa of Laylatul Qadr June 25, 2016
- Laylatul Qadr: Gearing Up for the Golden Moments! June 24, 2016
- Today, 1435 years ago, was the Distinctly Distinguishing Day! June 22, 2016
Search in this Blog
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Friday sermon Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)