Aspects of Dawah in Surah al Kahf
Surah al Kahf is an encyclopedia in itself! Subhanallaah!
As we read and understand the Surah, we come across four different aspects of Dawah.
Dawah is to call people to Islam, to advise people about what is Right and what is wrong, to remind those who have forgotten their duties and to stand up against injustice and oppression.
1. Youth Inviting the King:
“And We made firm their hearts when they stood up and said, “Our Lord is the Lord of the heavens and the earth. Never will we invoke besides Him any deity. We would have certainly spoken, then, an excessive transgression.” (Surah al Kahf 18: 14)
The role of youth in Islam is commendable. If the youth adopt right strategies in the light of Qur’an and Sunnah in calling people towards Islam, they can definitely turn out be a great source of help and benefit to the Ummah as a whole.
Also, the youth must check up their hearts and ground themselves firmly in matters regarding knowledge and wisdom before embarking on the dawah mission. They should raise their emaan to such a level that they get that inner force, that spiritual strength to stand up to speak the truth in front of a tyrant thus performing the best Jihad as done by the youth in the story of the sleepers of the Cave.
2. A Friend Reminding his other Friend:
“His companion said to him while he was conversing with him, “Have you disbelieved in He who created you from dust and then from a sperm-drop and then proportioned you [as] a man?” (Surah al Kahf 18: 37)
A true Friend is the one who always cautions his other friends should they err and deviate from the Right Path. In other words, a friend is not just the one who is a companion in this material world but must also be the Adviser and Mentor in matters concerning spirituality and the life Hereafter.
3. A Teacher Advising His Student:
“He said, “Then if you follow me, do not ask me about anything until I make to you about it mention.” (Surah al Kahf 18: 70)
A committed student of knowledge must always be patient with his teacher by developing good listening skills.
Haste and impatience will not work if one really wants to learn the techniques of dawah from one’s teacher.
Also, a teacher must always keep the elements of dawah in perspective while performing his role as a teacher.
Understanding the student is very important in dawah.
4. A Ruler Warning His Subjects:
He (Dhul Qarnayn) said, “As for one who wrongs, we will punish him. Then he will be returned to his Lord, and He will punish him with a terrible punishment.
But as for one who believes and does righteousness, he will have a reward of Paradise, and we will speak to him from our command with ease.” (Surah al Kahf 18: 87-88)
The just Ruler must always advise his subjects and remind them of Truth and warn them to give up injustice and cruelty.
A great leader not only believes in Allah and adopts righteousness but also commands and inspires his people to follow the Way of their Almighty Lord.
If Allah has given you the reigns of authority, use it for the purpose of dawah to establish the sovereignty of Allah Subhanahu wa Ta’aala.
Dear brothers and sisters, Surah al Kahf is not connected with weekly readings on Fridays in the sense that that you read it in a ritualistic or mechanical way but this amazing Surah has great connections with the very life of a Muslim!
Jazakallaahu Khayra for reading this post.
Sal-lal-laahu ‘Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu ‘Alaihi wa Sallam.
Why Not Share & Spread Qur'an's Barakah? May Allah Bless You.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
December 13, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Reflections, Surah al Kahf | Allah, Chapter 18, Deen, Dhul Qarnain, Friday, Friday and Surah al Kahf, Hadith, Ibadah, Imaam Aadil, Islam, Just Ruler, Knowledge, lessons from Surah kahf, Moosa, Moses, Muslims, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Quran blog, Straight Path, Surah al Kahf, Tarbiyah, the cave, Worship in Islam, Yassarnalquran
3 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- You'll find immense Qur'anic and Hadith resources under different headings as you can see below. Please have patience to scroll down, Inshaaallah.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
ما شآء الله
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
A hearty W e l c o m e :)
May Peace, Mercy & Blessings of Allah be upon YOU.
Keep visiting, Stay Blessed, Inshaaallah.
Postings الحمد لله
They Call it TOP POSTS!
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Shukr: Being Thankful to Allah
- Download At-Tirmidhi FULL SET :)
A word about “chm files”There are many links given here and there to download files. If it is a chm file, after download, please save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
What Caring Readers Say..
Al Qur’an Add-Ins
Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word. You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah. See below ↓
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
- The ocean called Surah al Kahf November 20, 2015
- 3 Major Mistakes in 12 English Translations of the Qur’an November 15, 2015
- Pictorial Presentation: MUHAMMAD POCKET GUIDE November 10, 2015
- Memorizing the Qur’an: Interview with Grade 9 student October 29, 2015
- When Earthquake Strikes….. October 26, 2015
- Saturday is Aashoora Day October 22, 2015
- Saluting the Ashab As-Suffah: ‘Uqbah ibn Aamir al-Juhani October 20, 2015
TagsAllah Arafah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Friday Friday sermon Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Jummah Jumuah Makkah Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Search in this Blog
Thank You :)