Angola: The ‘news’, the denial, the confusion, and clarification
Dear brothers and sisters, Assalamu Alaikum.
Regular readers must be aware that last night I posted my reflections on the so-called news of Angola banning Islam.
This I did after reading the news in this popular Islamic website and also going through this newsmagazine.
I didn’t verify about the authenticity of this ‘news’ as the scholars’ response didn’t leave any room for any doubt to creep in my mind.
To my surprise, this morning I read the denial statement issued by Angolan Embassy official in US, and was quite embarrassed for posting such a ‘news’. I even received an e-mail from a brother which is in fact the statement coming from Mufti Ismail Menk that confirms the denial of the Embassy official.
Following is the statement issued by Mufti Ismail Menk, a popular and a reliable scholar of repute:
“Upon verification from Angolan scholars it was found that the story of Islam being banned in Angola is completely fabricated.
Sadly, the demolition of all structures that were built without proper documentation, planning, procedure etc was carried out. This happened to include some religious structures too, amongst them a Masjid. Interestingly the picture doing its rounds is not even from Angola but the Middle East.
This happened quite some time back but is being carried mischievously by some media houses.
It is important that Muslims only build Masaajid after proper approvals etc to avoid this. It has happened in other countries before.
Please clarify the truth with those who have become emotional about the so called banning of Islam in Angola.
May Allah Almighty grant us a lesson and safeguard the Deen. Aameen
Wassalaamu alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuh”.
So I deleted the previous post saying that the news was false.
To conclude, I would like to mention few points:
1. The absence and non-existence of any reliable international news agency among Muslims – despite the fact that we have more than 50 Muslim countries in the world – is a cause of grave concern.
2. Most of the times we are being fooled by the media hype and tend to lose our balance in getting to know what is what. I still I do not understand the scholars’ response!! Wal’laahu ‘Alam!
3. I am in media field since more than 20 years and have blogging experience of about five years. This is the first time I got an egg on my face that I really feel sorry about.
4. In this bitter episode, we have two basic lessons to learn:
a. As Allah says in Surah al Hujuraat we need to verify the news before passing on.
“O you who believe! If a rebellious evil person comes to you with a news, verify it, lest you harm people in ignorance, and afterwards you become regretful to what you have done.” (Surah al Hujuraat 49: 6)
b. Once bitten, twice shy. Our glorious Prophet sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam puts it beautifully:
” A believer is not bitten from the same hole twice.”
This Hadith means that while it is possible for a believer to suffer a bite by a snake or a similar creature because he is taken unaware, the same thing should not be allowed to happen twice. He should always be careful so that he would not commit the same mistake, or be in the same situation of overlooking real danger, more than once.
May Allah forgive us of our sins and guide us on the Right Path. Aameen.
Sal-lal-laahu-‘Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu ‘Alaihi wa-sallam.
Thank you for reading this post. Hope you understand the problem.
Also, read this related news
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
November 26, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Muqeet's (assorted) | Allah, Allah is our Protector, Angola, Angola Bans Islam, Angola News, False News, Hadith, Mufti Ismail Menk, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Quran blog, Yassarnalquran
5 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- 6 Sets of Hadeeth Books in One Page :)
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Aisha on Education and Three Types of Nafs
- MuQeet on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Cassim on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- sami on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- MuQeet on “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”.
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day « YasSarNalQuR'aN on “If you have no shame, do whatever you like”!
- MuQeet on Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.