Rain, Rain, Come Again!
For people who live in a desert, Rain is something which is unusual. And this once-in-a-blue-moon thing is happening in the United Arab Emirates!
Man, however, is an extremist by nature. When there is no rain, he yearns for it. And when it rains, he becomes restless and shows signs of ingratitude.
As a Muslim we need to know that our Prophet sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam not only sought rain but when it rained, he also enjoyed it as much as he could.
How amazing it would be if we also did as the Messenger of Allah did!
Read the following hadeeths:
Abu Saeed al Khudri, one of the beloved companions of the Prophet, narrates:
“A cloud came and it rained till the roof started leaking and in those days the roof used to be of the branches of date-palms. Iqama was pronounced and I saw Allah’s Messenger (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam) prostrating in water and mud and even I saw the mark of mud on his forehead.” Sahih al Bukhari
Another great companion, Anas bin Malik, says
“I saw rain water trickling down his beard”. (Read the first hadeeth in this link)
Our glorious Prophet sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam used to make this beautiful du’aa during rain:
اللَّهُمَّ اجْعَلْهُ صَيِّبًا نَافِعًا – O Allah! Make it a Beneficial Rain.
The du’aa in the picture below is the supplication to be made after the rainfall.
This du’aa is in fact an expression of one’s gratitude to one’s Creator for His blessings and mercy.
Also, we need to make more and more du’aa and seek forgiveness when it rains as it is one of the Best Times to make du’aa.
Dear brothers and sisters, if possible try to go out in rain and make prostration in water and mud and have a mark of mud on your foreheads as did our Role Model. Sal-lal-laahu-‘Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu-Alaihi-wa-sallam.
Jazakallahu Khayra for reading this post.
Why Not Share & Spread Qur'an's Barakah? May Allah Bless You.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
November 22, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Reflections | Allah, Allah is the Giver, Beneficial Rain, dua during rain, Islam, Mud and water, Muslims during rainy season, Prophet, Prostration, Sahih Bukhari, Sajdah, Sunnah, What to do when it rains, Yassarnalquran
1 Comment »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- You'll find immense Qur'anic and Hadith resources under different headings as you can see below. Please have patience to scroll down, Inshaaallah.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
ما شآء الله
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
A hearty W e l c o m e :)
May Peace, Mercy & Blessings of Allah be upon YOU.
Keep visiting, Stay Blessed, Inshaaallah.
Postings الحمد لله
They Call it TOP POSTS!
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Muharram: Do's and Don'ts
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
A word about “chm files”There are many links given here and there to download files. If it is a chm file, after download, please save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
What Caring Readers Say..
Al Qur’an Add-Ins
Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word. You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah. See below ↓
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
- Surah al Kahf: A Weekly Reminder to Hang On with the Community October 1, 2015
- A Presentation for All September 29, 2015
- The correlation between Ihram and Kafan September 25, 2015
- Eid al Adhaa, Sacrifice, Takbeer, Days of Tashreeq….. September 23, 2015
- Things to Do on the Day of Arafah September 22, 2015
- Friday Khutbah in UAE: Virtues of the Ten Days of Dhul Hijjah September 17, 2015
- Tarbiyah Programme in Dhul Hijjah September 12, 2015
TagsAllah Arafah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Friday Friday sermon Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Jummah Jumuah Makkah Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Search in this Blog
Thank You :)