Rain, Rain, Come Again!
For people who live in a desert, Rain is something which is unusual. And this once-in-a-blue-moon thing is happening in the United Arab Emirates!
Man, however, is an extremist by nature. When there is no rain, he yearns for it. And when it rains, he becomes restless and shows signs of ingratitude.
As a Muslim we need to know that our Prophet sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam not only sought rain but when it rained, he also enjoyed it as much as he could.
How amazing it would be if we also did as the Messenger of Allah did!
Read the following hadeeths:
Abu Saeed al Khudri, one of the beloved companions of the Prophet, narrates:
“A cloud came and it rained till the roof started leaking and in those days the roof used to be of the branches of date-palms. Iqama was pronounced and I saw Allah’s Messenger (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam) prostrating in water and mud and even I saw the mark of mud on his forehead.” Sahih al Bukhari
Another great companion, Anas bin Malik, says
“I saw rain water trickling down his beard”. (Read the first hadeeth in this link)
Our glorious Prophet sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam used to make this beautiful du’aa during rain:
اللَّهُمَّ اجْعَلْهُ صَيِّبًا نَافِعًا – O Allah! Make it a Beneficial Rain.
The du’aa in the picture below is the supplication to be made after the rainfall.
This du’aa is in fact an expression of one’s gratitude to one’s Creator for His blessings and mercy.
Also, we need to make more and more du’aa and seek forgiveness when it rains as it is one of the Best Times to make du’aa.
Dear brothers and sisters, if possible try to go out in rain and make prostration in water and mud and have a mark of mud on your foreheads as did our Role Model. Sal-lal-laahu-‘Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu-Alaihi-wa-sallam.
Jazakallahu Khayra for reading this post.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
November 22, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Reflections | Allah, Allah is the Giver, Beneficial Rain, dua during rain, Islam, Mud and water, Muslims during rainy season, Prophet, Prostration, Sahih Bukhari, Sajdah, Sunnah, What to do when it rains, Yassarnalquran
1 Comment »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- 6 Sets of Hadeeth Books in One Page :)
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Aisha on Education and Three Types of Nafs
- MuQeet on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Cassim on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- sami on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- MuQeet on “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”.
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day « YasSarNalQuR'aN on “If you have no shame, do whatever you like”!
- MuQeet on Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.