Rain, Rain, Come Again!
For people who live in a desert, Rain is something which is unusual. And this once-in-a-blue-moon thing is happening in the United Arab Emirates!
Man, however, is an extremist by nature. When there is no rain, he yearns for it. And when it rains, he becomes restless and shows signs of ingratitude.
As a Muslim we need to know that our Prophet sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam not only sought rain but when it rained, he also enjoyed it as much as he could.
How amazing it would be if we also did as the Messenger of Allah did!
Read the following hadeeths:
Abu Saeed al Khudri, one of the beloved companions of the Prophet, narrates:
“A cloud came and it rained till the roof started leaking and in those days the roof used to be of the branches of date-palms. Iqama was pronounced and I saw Allah’s Messenger (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam) prostrating in water and mud and even I saw the mark of mud on his forehead.” Sahih al Bukhari
Another great companion, Anas bin Malik, says
“I saw rain water trickling down his beard”. (Read the first hadeeth in this link)
Our glorious Prophet sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam used to make this beautiful du’aa during rain:
اللَّهُمَّ اجْعَلْهُ صَيِّبًا نَافِعًا – O Allah! Make it a Beneficial Rain.
The du’aa in the picture below is the supplication to be made after the rainfall.
This du’aa is in fact an expression of one’s gratitude to one’s Creator for His blessings and mercy.
Also, we need to make more and more du’aa and seek forgiveness when it rains as it is one of the Best Times to make du’aa.
Dear brothers and sisters, if possible try to go out in rain and make prostration in water and mud and have a mark of mud on your foreheads as did our Role Model. Sal-lal-laahu-‘Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu-Alaihi-wa-sallam.
Jazakallahu Khayra for reading this post.
November 22, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Reflections | Allah, Allah is the Giver, Beneficial Rain, dua during rain, Islam, Mud and water, Muslims during rainy season, Prophet, Prostration, Sahih Bukhari, Sajdah, Sunnah, What to do when it rains, Yassarnalquran
1 Comment »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
A word about “chm files”There are many links given here and there to download files. If it is a chm file, after download, please save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
Postings….so far, alhamdulillah
- Aayatul Kursi (2)
- Abandoning the Qur'an (1)
- Al Qur'an – What it is? (26)
- Arabic and Dr. V. Abdur Rahim (3)
- Art of Communication (1)
- Attributive Names (5)
- “That is the Inheritance of Muhammad صلّى الله عليه وسلم” (1)
- Be Careful With Muhammad (1)
- Beyond Excellence: The Making of a Muhsin (5)
- Books on Hadeeth (2)
- Charter of Human Rights/Farewell Address of the Prophet (1)
- Communalism (1)
- Compilation of the Qur'an (3)
- Du'aa – General (2)
- Du'aa of Umar ibn al Khattab (1)
- Du'aas – Prophetic (12)
- Du'aas – Qur'anic (13)
- E-books (36)
- Excellence of Friday Prayer (3)
- Friday Khutbah in UAE (33)
- Fruits in the Qu'ran (2)
- General (2)
- Guidance = The Quran (2)
- Hajj related (45)
- Heart and the Qur'an (6)
- Human Soul (1)
- Inspiration (2)
- Interview with Dr. V. Abdur Rahim (1)
- Islam: Greatest Liberating Force on earth! (1)
- Islamic Months (24)
- Islamic Months: RAMADHAN (71)
- Isra and Me'raj (3)
- Ka'bah (3)
- Kalimaat: Qur'anic Words (3)
- Learning the language of the Qur'an (7)
- Light verse of the Qur'an (1)
- Loving the Prophet (4)
- Lunar/Solar Eclipse (2)
- Memorization (9)
- Money Matters (1)
- Muqeet's (assorted) (152)
- O You Who Believe! (20)
- Polytheism (1)
- Prophets of Islam (8)
- Qur'an and Environment (1)
- Qur'an and Man's Relationship with his Lord (1)
- Qur'an and Muslims (9)
- Qur'an and Science (8)
- Qur'an Central (1)
- Qur'an Interface/Qur'an Learning (6)
- Qur'an People (5)
- Qur'an Quiz (10)
- Qur'an Software (1)
- Qur'an's Miracles (11)
- Qur'anic Phrases (13)
- Qur'anic Stories (6)
- Qur'anic Studies (11)
- Quran and Sunnah (1)
- Quran of Fajr (1)
- Real Life Experience (5)
- Reflections (143)
- Sajdah and productivity (1)
- Salah: MeaningFULL (4)
- Salatul Istikhaarah (1)
- Sayyidul Istighfar (2)
- Seeking Knowledge (1)
- Shukr Vs Kufr (2)
- Stages of Revelation (4)
- Story of a Quranic word (1)
- Subhanallahi Wa Bi Hamdihi (2)
- Surah al Asr (2)
- Surah al Baqarah (2)
- Surah Al Falaq and Surah An Naas (2)
- Surah al Fatihah (2)
- Surah al Jumu'ah (1)
- Surah al Kahf (12)
- Surah al Kawthar (2)
- Surah al Mulk (2)
- Surah al Muminoon (1)
- Surah al Taghabun (1)
- Surah Ar-Room (1)
- Surah As Saff (1)
- Surah at-Teen (1)
- Surah Az Zumar (1)
- Surah Luqman (2)
- Surah Yaseen (3)
- Tafaseer (Commentaries) (4)
- Tajweed (5)
- Takbeer (1)
- The Healing (5)
- The Science of Recitations (2)
- Three Types of Soul (1)
- Uncategorized (30)
- Understanding the Qur'an (1)
- Virtues of Qur'an Recitation (4)
- What the Prophet particularly read or emphasized? (2)
- Word to Word by Dr.Shehnaz and Kausar (1)
- World's madness! (2)
- Yajuuj and Majuuj – Gog and Magog (1)
- Zakah (1)
- Zikr (3)
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Word by Word Qur'an Reciter and Memorization Tool
- Welcoming Shabaan, then Ramadhaan....
- Takbeer, Tahleel, Tahmeed and Tasbeeh
Track of postings
Share this إن شآء الله
Comments are welcome!
They are generated! So…
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
- Welcoming Shabaan, then Ramadhaan…. May 19, 2015
- Be of the ‘few’, not of the ‘most’! May 1, 2015
- Tayyib Vs khabīth in the Qur’an April 17, 2015
- A Building with a Difference April 14, 2015
- A Sound Heart Makes Life Meaningful March 28, 2015
- Saying “Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah” March 17, 2015
- How to Be a Productive Muslim? March 14, 2015
Tags used in this blog.Abraham Allah Allah is our Protector Arabic language Arafah Dawah Dua Eid al Adha Fasting Five Pillars Forgiveness Friday Friday sermon Friday Speech Guidance hadeeth Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Holy Book Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Jews Jihad Jummah Jumuah Laylatul Qadr Makkah Masjid Moses Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Pilgrimage Pillars of Islam Prayer Prophet Prophet Ibrahim Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Quran site Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Siyam Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf Tafseer Takbeer Taraweeh Tawbah UAE UAE Mosques UAE News Worship Worship in Islam Yassarnalquran Zikr