Fast of Aashura, and when?
The 10th of Muharram is popularly known as Aashura.
Fasting on this day is highly encouraged.
There seems to surround some confusion with regard to the dates.
As per the Saudi announcement, Aashura falls on Thursday, the 14th November. As per the dates given in UAE Awqaf Ministry’s website, 10th Muharam falls on Wednesday, 13th Nov.
While it is true that we must always go by the local announcement about the sighting of the moon and the commencement of the month, in this case I feel it is better to fast on both days, i.e. 13th and 14th November, Inshaa’Allah.
Some of the merits of the fast of Aashura are mentioned below:
* Fasting on the 10th Muharram, i.e. Aashura, was obligatory on the Muslims before the fasts of Ramadan were made obligatory.
* Fasting on the 10th of Muharram expiates the sins of the previous year.
* Prophet Musa عليه السلام and the Bani Israel were saved from the Pharaoh by the parting of the sea on 10th Muharram.
* Prophet Musa عليه السلام as a sign of gratitude to Allah used to fast on the day of Aashura and Jews did the same.
* Prophet Muhammad صلّى الله عليه وسلّم on hearing the fast of Musa عليه السلام also ordered the Muslims to fast on this day and himself did the same.
* Prophet Muhammad صلّى الله عليه وسلّم decided to fast on 9th Muharram as well to differentiate from the Jews but he passed away before he could do so.
However fasting on 11th Muharram along with 10th is also permissible.
Sal-lal-laahu ‘Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu ‘Alaihi wa Sallam.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
November 12, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Muqeet's (assorted) | 10th Muharram, Allah, Ashura, Bani Israeel, Fasting, Islam, Islamic Calendar, Jews, Moses, Muharram, Pharaoh, Phir'oun, Prophet Musa, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Voluntary fast
6 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- 6 Sets of Hadeeth Books in One Page :)
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Aisha on Education and Three Types of Nafs
- MuQeet on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Cassim on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- sami on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- MuQeet on “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”.
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day « YasSarNalQuR'aN on “If you have no shame, do whatever you like”!
- MuQeet on Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Blog at WordPress.com.