Of Mu’aadh ibn Jabal and Knowledge
I love this great companion of the glorious Messenger, Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam. His life and teachings, dedication and contribution has been tremendously marvellous. He is truly an inspiration for all times to come.
Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaih-wa-sallam said about Mu`aadh ibn Jabal:
“Verily, when the people of knowledge will be present before their Lord, the Mighty and Sublime, Mu`aadh will be one step ahead of them.” *
He, sal-lal-laahu-alaih-wa-sallam, also said about Mu`aadh:
“…the most knowledgeable of them [my Ummah] about the lawful and the prohibited is Mu`aadh bin Jabal…” **
Ibn Taymeeyah writes in al-Wasiyyah: “Part of Mu`aadh’s excellence further is that the Prophet sal-lal-laahu-alaih-wa-sallam sent him to the people of Yemen as a preacher on his behalf, a caller, a teacher of understanding in the Deen, a giver of religious verdicts, and a judge.”
This is Mu`aadh, radhiyallaahu ta`aalaa `anhu, to whom the Prophet, sal-lal-laahu-alaih-wa-sallam, also said:
“O Mu`aadh! By Allah, truly I love you.” ***
Mu`aadh ibn Jabal (radhiyallahu `anhu) on Knowledge
Abu Nu`aim reports some sayings of Mu`aadh himself about the excellence of knowledge, among which we find the following:
“Knowledge is a comforting friend in times of loneliness.
It is the best companion during travels
And it is the inner friend who speaks to you in your privacy.
Knowledge is the discerning proof of what is right and what is wrong,
And it is the positive force that will help you surmount the trials of comfort, as well as those of hardships.
Knowledge is your most powerful sword against your enemy, and finally, it is your most dignifying raiment in the company of your close companions.”
“Through knowledge, Allah, blessed be His Name, raises some people in rank, and He makes them leaders in righteousness and models in morality.
The vestige of their faith is avidly sought, their deeds are emulated perceptively, and people will seek and sanction their opinions solicitously and unequivocally.
The heavenly angels seek their company and anoint them with their wings, every fresh or withered life they pass by implore Almighty Allah to forgive them their sins, even the fish in the oceans, the beasts of the lands and every bird of prey and migratory bird pray and solicit the mercy of Almighty Allah on their behalf.
This is because knowledge revives the dead hearts and drives them out of darkness into light, and because knowledge is the light of the inner eyes that cures one’s blindness and restores his inner sight.”
* [Saheeh, Ibn Sa`d, Aboo Nu`aim, at-Tabaraanee]
** [At-Tirmidhee, Ibn Hibbaan, ibn Maajah, al-Baihaqee, al-Haakim, who declared it Saheeh, and adh-Dhahabee and al-Albaanee agreed with him.]
*** [Aboo Daawood, an-Nasaa’ee, ibn Hibban, Aboo Nu`aim, Ibn Khuzaimah and al-Haakim, who declared its isnaad to be saheeh, and adh-Dhaabee agreed]
Excerpted from the works of Ibn Taymiyyah and Abu Nu`aim, and taken from Kalamullah.com
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
October 25, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Muqeet's (assorted) | Allah, companions of the Prophet, Halal and Haram, Ibn Taymiyyah, Importance of knowledge, Islam, Knowledge, Muadh ibn Jabal, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Quran blog, virtues of the Prophet's companions, Yassarnalquran, Yemen
14 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- MuQeet on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- Nasir on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- Peace First. Peace Last. | Food For Thought on Peace First. Peace Last.
- Yasir Ikram on The Muslim and the Hijrah of All Times
- Azra on As the New Islamic Year commences…
- Azra on Peace First. Peace Last.
- Peace First. Peace Last. « YasSarNal QuR'aN on Months of the Islamic Calendar: Meanings
- Peace First. Peace Last. October 17, 2016
- The Muslim and the Hijrah of All Times October 14, 2016
- Aashoora and Ten Sparkling Gems That Normally Go Unnoticed! October 10, 2016
- Fasting on the 9th and 10th of Muharram. Do not ignore saying it’s just a Sunnah!! October 9, 2016
- As the New Islamic Year commences… September 27, 2016
- Library Update: THE HISTORY OF AL TABARI September 17, 2016
- Celebrating Eid the Islamic Way! September 13, 2016
TagsAllah Arafah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Site infoYasSarNal QuR'aN
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.